PDA

View Full Version : A crappy manip background

Tik
Jan 31, 2004, 02:47 PM
Well, the Art Forum has been kind of deader than usual as of late. And I recently finished up a background for my new LJ's layout and thought I'd share it.

Sorry for the large size, I ended up mirroring it so that it wouldn't clip on huge resolutions. Pretend like the entire right half isn't there =P

<a href="http://www.spiffyjuice.com/pikz/wastednights.jpg">Click here to see</a>.

Comments and crits quite welcome.

Radium
Jan 31, 2004, 03:26 PM
It's better to hide the fact that you mirrored the image. For starters, I'd take out the backwards words in the lower right. Or only have one moon. Rest looks nice though.

Tik
Jan 31, 2004, 03:31 PM
It's better to hide the fact that you mirrored the image. For starters, I'd take out the backwards words in the lower right. Or only have one moon. Rest looks nice though.I considered that but came to the conclusion that I am too lazy. Also, according to what I've been told, on a 1600x1200 resolution it doesn't make it all the way to the other moon, so it's not a big problem I think. And, thanks.

BlazinDragon
Feb 1, 2004, 04:43 AM
its very beautiful, good job ^^

Monolith
Feb 1, 2004, 03:09 PM
Not bad. The mirroring seems to work well, as long as you don't see the other moon.

I've noticed that a lot of your images are rather dark. Maybe you're working at a higher than normal gamma, or maybe you just like it really dark compared to most other things.

Tik
Feb 1, 2004, 07:30 PM
I've noticed that a lot of your images are rather dark. Maybe you're working at a higher than normal gamma, or maybe you just like it really dark compared to most other things.I could be working with a brighter screen, I'm not positive. However I do try to aim for darker images because I think it sets the 'mood' well. Besides, it's supposed to be night. I think I may load the image on a couple of different computers to see if I notice it being darker than usual.

And thanks a lot, both of you. =)

Captain Spam
Feb 2, 2004, 08:07 AM
Yeah, the double moon bit is about the only problem I can see. Ignoring the double text. :-) A fairly impressive manipulation, I say.

Coppertop
Feb 3, 2004, 06:38 AM
Wot Spam said.

Tik
Feb 3, 2004, 10:13 AM
Thanks, you both >)