PDA

View Full Version : Art Gallery

Risp_old
Feb 9, 2004, 04:16 AM
I was thinking of getting an art gallery like side7 of DeviantArt, but I'm not sure what to choose. My geocities account is obviously not up to the job, and I really don't want to have to e-mail everything I want to upload to Radium. So, what service do people suggest?

Xion
Feb 9, 2004, 05:32 AM
Have you thought of a Furnation account? Or a Side7 account will suffice. DevArt has problems outsourcing, so you cannot really link from the JCF to the file itself, like you can do with Furnation or Foxmage.

Fawriel
Feb 9, 2004, 08:58 AM
If you're fond of comments, choose Deviantart.
If you want a nice-looking, tidy service with an awesomely friendly community, choose Side 7.

Risp_old
Feb 9, 2004, 11:05 AM
Have you thought of a Furnation account?
No can do. I am not really a furry artist. Or whatever.
If you want a nice-looking, tidy service with an awesomely friendly community, choose Side 7.
From what I have seen I don't like the Side7 interface, but a projected 2 people don't reccoment Deviantart.

Looks like my best bet is Side7.

Radium
Feb 9, 2004, 11:07 AM
Look for webspaces, not galleries. Never settle for any gallery somebody else programmed. Period.

Risp_old
Feb 9, 2004, 11:09 AM
Look for webspaces, not galleries. Never settle for any gallery somebody else programmed. Period.
But the only really good webspaces have fees (as in, the ones that allow outside linking and don't have ads).

Radium
Feb 9, 2004, 11:28 AM
I think I heard cjb.net gave hosting (I know they give free URL relocation) but I'm not sure.

Hare
Feb 9, 2004, 03:32 PM
Never settle for any gallery somebody else programmed. Period.

Word.

Coppertop
Feb 9, 2004, 03:33 PM
I really don't know. I don't think Side7 allows links, though. Hmm.

Captain Spam
Feb 9, 2004, 06:34 PM

I hear ya there.

GuMmYBeAr!
Feb 10, 2004, 04:43 PM
VCL -- Artwanted.com