PDA

View Full Version : Another random doodle - Blade Girl

Captain Spam
Feb 22, 2004, 09:01 AM
Hey. Who wants a rather good doodle thing?

<a href="http://dementiaofmagic.net/images/notquitepublic/20040222BladeChickJumbo.jpg">A random blade girl (Jumbo size)</a>
<a href="http://dementiaofmagic.net/images/notquitepublic/20040222BladeChick.jpg">The same picture, half-size</a>

Opinions? I personally think I nailed the body proportions a bit better than I usually do. And details on the pants.

Fawriel
Feb 22, 2004, 10:01 AM
Ooooo... the perspective is well done. I think.
Good jaerb.

Batty Buddy
Feb 22, 2004, 12:11 PM
Que Passa!!!!

That big pic scared me. Cool!!!

Radium
Feb 22, 2004, 03:24 PM
Yes, a jaerb well done. The perspective and detail is very good.

Something I notice is that your characters don't really seem to have eye sockets. Realistically the cheekbone and eyebrow should stick out slightly from a 3/4 view. The lack of deatail on the side of the face makes the eyes feel "textured on".

Captain Spam
Feb 22, 2004, 03:50 PM
Yes, a jaerb well done. The perspective and detail is very good.

Something I notice is that your characters don't really seem to have eye sockets. Realistically the cheekbone and eyebrow should stick out slightly from a 3/4 view. The lack of deatail on the side of the face makes the eyes feel "textured on".

Realistically, yes. But I suppose it's just how my style's evolved so far that it doesn't exactly use eye sockets. A bit more cartoony and simplistic than realistic.

Really, I'm surprised you haven't complained about the lack of ears in my non-elven characters, Rad. :-) But, glad you like.

Radium
Feb 22, 2004, 03:57 PM
Really, I'm surprised you haven't complained about the lack of ears in my non-elven characters, Rad. :-) But, glad you like. Oi! I've never noticed... amazing how the most obvious things are most difficult to see.

Hare
Feb 23, 2004, 11:37 AM
@ Faw: Good jorb... Jaoooorb! *cracks up*

Anyways, you weren't kidding when you said it was jumbo sized... does that thing fit in your monitor, Cap'n? I mean, dang. What kind of resolution are do you use? :eek:

Spiffyness on improving your proportions & detailness and stuff. :)

Captain Spam
Feb 23, 2004, 11:51 AM
Anyways, you weren't kidding when you said it was jumbo sized... does that thing fit in your monitor, Cap'n? I mean, dang. What kind of resolution are do you use? :eek:

Spiffyness on improving your proportions & detailness and stuff. :)

Weeeeeelllll... I am a bit of a stickler for preserving details. And I tend to make real tiny details at times. Hence, I scan real bigly huge at times. :-) But, for the record, my laptop is a widescreen bit. 1920x1200. Real handy for drawing and coding.

But thankee, glad you like. I WAS working a bit on making the proportions a bit better while still having my cartoony style in play (note the head, especially). And details are just plain fun. Maybe I'll give her a warrior-like tattoo next time. :-)

Coppertop
Feb 23, 2004, 12:04 PM
I freaked when that huge image appeared on my screen. Wow.

Radium
Feb 23, 2004, 12:51 PM
The rule with images is best stated as: if width > 1000 then you = a terrible person.

Captain Spam
Feb 23, 2004, 01:02 PM
The rule with images is best stated as: if width > 1000 then you = a terrible person.

Dude, I put in a half-size version from the get-go because of that. C'mon.

Radium
Feb 23, 2004, 01:12 PM
Dude, I put in a half-size version from the get-go because of that. C'mon.
Yes, but makind has this sort of built-in "bigger is better" mindset. Not to mention when someone says "smaller version", people usually expect 400x400 or less. Think about us 1024ers when you post "jumbo" images =P.

'Course, I could get a better resolution on this 21 inch monitor, but then everything would be smaller and bigger is better.

Captain Spam
Feb 23, 2004, 01:15 PM
Yes, but makind has this sort of built-in "bigger is better" mindset. Not to mention when someone says "smaller version", people usually expect 400x400 or less. Think about us 1024ers when you post "jumbo" images =P.

'Course, I could get a better resolution on this 21 inch monitor, but then everything would be smaller and bigger is better.

So what does "Jumbo" mean to you, anyway? :-) Can't say I didn't warn you.

Besides, with a higher resolution, you can fit more on-screen, which, according to your impressively nonsequitur argument, would go under "more is better". :-)

Hare
Feb 23, 2004, 08:25 PM

I've got a 21 incher, too :D. Its like... A TV... and the channel is like... the computer, but its like, twice the resolution of a regular television (on my current settings)... and uh, I can't watch tv on it, only the computer. So its really just like a 21 inch monitor... but thats what it is... So that works.... Yeah. :7

Captain Spam
Feb 23, 2004, 08:39 PM
I've got a 21 incher, too :D. Its like... A TV... and the channel is like... the computer, but its like, twice the resolution of a regular television (on my current settings)... and uh, I can't watch tv on it, only the computer. So its really just like a 21 inch monitor... but thats what it is... So that works.... Yeah. :7

I've got a 21-inch monitor handy around here. Er... with a nasty problem with the red output. And ancient drivers that don't exist for Windows XP. And it doesn't like my laptop.

But it IS big! :-)

Captain Spam
Feb 25, 2004, 11:59 PM
And here's proof I shouldn't try to draw random characters twice:

<a href="http://dementiaofmagic.net/images/notquitepublic/20040226BladeChick2.jpg">Different pose of blade girl</a>

Hrmph. That didn't work, I think. Oh, well. Back to drawing my comic, I suppose.