PDA

View Full Version : Short Adventure Game Finished!

Sun Fun Dude
Mar 7, 2004, 10:45 PM
I've been working on this game for a couple of weeks. Its not the game I was previewing in the "Cartoon Point and Click Adventure Game In Progress" thread its a different short game staring the same guy.

You play as Timothy Lande in this short point and click adventure game. You must find away off the island that he has some how made it to.

Features
>640 480 res animated cartoon graphics
>Classic adventure game play
>Interact with characters
>Enough puzzels to keep you playing for a short while.

Click where you want to move and move the mouse to the top of the screen for the interface and inventory.

Download Now-2.44mb (http://home.graffiti.net/telx:graffiti.net/timothy.zip)

http://home.graffiti.net/telx:graffiti.net/tim1.gif

Download Now-2.44mb (http://home.graffiti.net/telx:graffiti.net/timothy.zip)

Enjoy! :)

Shiverz CC
Mar 8, 2004, 09:54 AM
Cant Download

Sun Fun Dude
Mar 8, 2004, 11:57 AM
Why not? Perhaps you should try again later?

Radium
Mar 8, 2004, 04:13 PM
I've been trying to download all day, and still get the message:

Dear Member,

Your account has exceeded the traffic quota limit for the day.
Please try your action again later.

If you require further information or explanation for this error,
you may contact your customer support representative.

Your Support Team

I wanna play... I must warn that man there's a pile of explosives behind him!

Also, from the screenshot, I'd like to point out that you need to watch your antialiasing. Use solid brushes when outlining things so there aren't any white borders.

Hare
Mar 8, 2004, 04:21 PM
Wow, nice! I'll try it out when I get back home (I'm visiting my mom's place at the moment.)

Risp_old
Mar 8, 2004, 04:46 PM
I played some of it, and many of the dialogs are way too long.

Sun Fun Dude
Mar 8, 2004, 07:37 PM
I played some of it, and many of the dialogs are way too long.

You can click to skip a diliouge. You new fangled kids (Well I am 13 but I like adventure games) are so used to action games you can't sit down and read a few lines. Go play Monkey Island or something.

Risp_old
Mar 9, 2004, 03:49 AM
But why put that long dialog in the first place? It was not funny, it was not needed to advance the plot, and it just made the player click a lot to skip the text. It seemed to me like dialog for the sake of dialog, which isn't a good thing.

I mean, I wouldn't be too annoyed if it was 2 or 3 lines. But 57?

Sun Fun Dude
Mar 9, 2004, 12:04 PM
But why put that long dialog in the first place? It was not funny, it was not needed to advance the plot, and it just made the player click a lot to skip the text. It seemed to me like dialog for the sake of dialog, which isn't a good thing.

I mean, I wouldn't be too annoyed if it was 2 or 3 lines. But 57?

Why did you bother counting. And if your talking about when you touch tha guy I wonder why you did that in the first place. Its your own fault for doing that. And its only one diolouge and people have said its funny so nauh :p! And are you really that obsessed with the diolouges that you have no other coments all?

Risp_old
Mar 9, 2004, 01:17 PM
Well, at the time I first commented on that I had only started playing the game, and that was the biggest thing I had to say at the time. And no, it was not funny whatsoever to me. And as for bringing it on myself, since the command seems to be take/use, using it on that guy does not necessarily mean to touch him. It could also mean to pickpocket him. Saying it was my fault is like saying that if you place a landmine in the middle of a highway it is the fault of the person who drives over it that it explodes. And as for the counting, I did that later because I was curious at the exact number.

Sun Fun Dude
Mar 9, 2004, 07:37 PM
Gee I was only kidding about tge "your the one who tried it" ;). So have you got any other comments now or have I put all this work into just to get "The diolouge is too long"?

Strato
Mar 9, 2004, 07:54 PM
It reminded me of the Lucas Arts good ol' Day of the Tentacle (I still play that game at least once a month) and Sam and Max Freelance Police. I have to say, the uber long dialouge thing wasn't very funny, then again I hardly laugh at anything really. I don't like the infinite amount of goo and the infinite supply of dynamite. Plus you can put an infinite amount of dynamite in that tree. I say that the starting area's theme music was bad, but the rest of the soundtrack was great.

Stijn
Mar 10, 2004, 01:28 AM
I think I have to use the magnifying glass to light the dynamite, but I didn't manage to do that HELP ME I BEG YOU!

Risp_old
Mar 10, 2004, 03:50 AM
Gee I was only kidding about tge "your the one who tried it" ;). So have you got any other comments now or have I put all this work into just to get "The diolouge is too long"?
I do have other comments; I just never had a chance to say them. First, I didn't get that thing where you used the pepper shaker on John (who I seem to be unable to look at, by the way). Also, it would be nice if there was some way of telling if your cursor was over an object besides clicking on it (like they have in many advanture games, where if your cursor is over an item the item's name appears at the bottom of the screen), since it took me forever to realize that the rock was an object.

Sun Fun Dude
Mar 10, 2004, 11:57 AM
I do have other comments; I just never had a chance to say them. First, I didn't get that thing where you used the pepper shaker on John (who I seem to be unable to look at, by the way). Also, it would be nice if there was some way of telling if your cursor was over an object besides clicking on it (like they have in many advanture games, where if your cursor is over an item the item's name appears at the bottom of the screen), since it took me forever to realize that the rock was an object.

Please don't give away puzzels. And sorry I made this in Adventure Game Studio and I'm not advanced enough to make verbs at the bottom. And don't blame you not being able to figure out a puzzel on not having verbs at the bottom or top :roll:

Risp_old
Mar 10, 2004, 01:18 PM
Well, the puzzels were easy. Once you do enough illogical stuff to get a few items it is practically connect-the-dots stuff, since the use of most every item is obvious.

Sun Fun Dude
Mar 11, 2004, 12:38 AM
Well, the puzzels were easy. Once you do enough illogical stuff to get a few items it is practically connect-the-dots stuff, since the use of most every item is obvious.

Sorry mister expert at creating puzzels. Sorry I wasn't able to create something worthy of you.

Radium
Mar 11, 2004, 02:49 AM
Feel free to steal ideas from the Win3.1 thread anytime.

Strato
Mar 11, 2004, 01:33 PM
Can and will

Radium
Mar 11, 2004, 04:01 PM
Can and will
Not you, I meant Krazy. You only get ideas from every fourth page.

Shiverz CC
Mar 24, 2004, 09:12 AM
I can now download it and Its fun and great and the sprites rule

Sun Fun Dude
Mar 24, 2004, 07:56 PM
Thanks a bunch :D

Crono5
Mar 27, 2004, 01:22 PM
AHG! I got dynomyte, powerder and the empty magnifying glass, now what???