PDA

View Full Version : Editting polls

Lark
Mar 9, 2004, 11:07 AM
For some reason, I know I'm about to get prooved wrong and be called blind after posting this. I'll post it anyway, though.

IMO, we should be able to edit polls that we post, just like we can edit our posts and replies. On second thought, however, that might cause some problems. For example, if Radium posted the poll, "Do you worship Saddam Huissen," and Faw (and / or Xion) voted no, Radium might change the options around to make it look like Faw and Xion worship Saddam. Yeah, that's a horrible example, but it's just a demonstration of problems it might cause. I still think we should be able to edit polls to an extent. For example, quite frequently, I've wanted to put on the option that makes it so you can see who votes for what, but have forgotten. Then, I can't edit the poll, and I have to edit my post and say something like, "Oops, just make a reply that says what you voted for." Or something. So, if you guys think that editting our polls wouldn't be good, maybe the admins should be able to edit the polls upon request (or as content removals). You probably can already edit your polls and I'm just blind and never took notice of the fact, but if you can't edit your polls, and I'm currently convinced you can't, I think the next version of the JCF should support something like that. Argh. I sounded like I was going Trafton on everyone there. I sounded all technical and stuff ;(

*doesn't bother to proofread the post out of fear of being accused of unoriginality by copying Trafton and his ways*

Link
Mar 9, 2004, 12:37 PM
It would also be good to be able to change your own vote(s).

Risp_old
Mar 9, 2004, 01:36 PM
It's also annoying when you realize you have forgotten an option.

Lark
Mar 9, 2004, 04:29 PM
*agrees with both and looks at FQuist*

Trafton
Mar 10, 2004, 09:13 AM
I agree this would be a good feature.

I also recommend you utilize the topic name editing feature, which is new this release, in respect to the first word in your topic name. ;-P

~ Traft

Tik
Mar 10, 2004, 07:06 PM
I've often wanted this feature myself. Get on it admins ;(

Blaze The Movie Fan
Mar 11, 2004, 02:19 AM
Hmm:

How old are you?

I forgot one thing, but what happend if I try to edit this, well:
You don't have permission to do this!

But this would be better if we can do that:
How old are you?

And next day put two more thing:
How old are you?
Younger then 12
Older then 20

Yeah, that would be nice idea, yes, I say "Yes"

blurredd
Mar 12, 2004, 03:02 PM
You didn't have to illustrate it, but okay.