PDA

View Full Version : mac version of JCS ?

speeddi
Apr 7, 2004, 08:03 AM
Do someone know if there is a mac version of JCS ???

then i would be wery happy :D

R3ptile
Apr 7, 2004, 08:16 AM
I guess so.

Flamepanther
Apr 7, 2004, 09:41 AM
I've always heard that there isn't one. If you really want to make levels, you'll need to either buy a PC and get a copy of JCS for Windows, or find a PC emulator for your Macintosh.

Nothing really personaly against Macs as computers, but they're generally not a good platform choice for gaming, simply on the basis that there's so little support compared to PC. You'll have to expect this kind of general lack of support. I was amazed that Epic even made a Macintosh port of the game to begin with.

Anyway, good luck.

Violet CLM
Apr 7, 2004, 02:04 PM
There isn't one. If you really want to make levels, you'll have to either:
1: FIND A PC.
2: Figure out how .j2l files are constructed and make your own level editor.
3: Figure out how .j2l files are constructed and make your own in a text program or a hex editor.
4: Tell someone else the level you want made, tile by tile, event by event.
5: Wait for someone else to make the exact level you had in mind - it should only take a few centuries.
Edit: 6: Remake JJ2 and JCS on your own for the mac, then make your level.

Sun Fun Dude
Apr 7, 2004, 02:24 PM
I've always heard that there isn't one. If you really want to make levels, you'll need to either buy a PC and get a copy of JCS for Windows, or find a PC emulator for your Macintosh.

Nothing really personaly against Macs as computers, but they're generally not a good platform choice for gaming, simply on the basis that there's so little support compared to PC. You'll have to expect this kind of general lack of support. I was amazed that Epic even made a Macintosh port of the game to begin with.

Anyway, good luck.

Epic weren't the ones who actually ported it that was Logicware (who are now out of business).

Boss Jazz
Apr 10, 2004, 09:58 AM
There WAS going to be a Mac JCS but Logicware dissapeared before it could be completed.