PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Sprite Sheets

TaZaR
Apr 17, 2004, 02:55 PM
Please somebody help me!
I need sprite sheets form JJ2 because I might try to make a JJ fan game. (I don't know yet, but I've got much ideas...). The most importants are Jazz & Spaz, but I need the all any other enemies, foods, etc... So my ask is, somebody please send me JJ2 sprite sheets (or JJ1) if he had them. Big thx for all! :rolleyes:
(my email is: tazar@mailbox.hu)

Risp_old
Apr 17, 2004, 02:57 PM
Ye must make ye sprites by yeself, like real people do.

TaZaR
Apr 17, 2004, 05:35 PM
Ye must make ye sprites by yeself, like real people do.

Why I need it? The Ski Rabbit game have JJ2 sprites too, and many other non official games, have ripped sprites from other games.
And I know, there's a Jazz sprite sheet somewhere in the web, but I can't found it. There was a link on this forum, but it can't works now, and I'm really need the sprites. If I don't make them myself the game would be ready sooner, if I make it. Please help me guys...

Risp_old
Apr 17, 2004, 05:43 PM
Well, obviously, they are not real people.

Iam Canadian
Apr 17, 2004, 07:01 PM
Here's a Devan sheet I posted a few months back.
http://www.geocities.com/iamcanadian002/devanshellspritesheet.txt

TaZaR
Apr 17, 2004, 07:29 PM
Thank you! I had already got this sheet but thanx! :) If somebody have others, please link 'em to here...

I don't understand you... "Real people". Who is the real people, who makes things for others for money, or who makes things for free? If I make a jj fan game, it will be free. I don't want to steal the jj stuffz, just use 'em. I will not get money for them. If I would ever make a game, for money, of course I would make the graphics by myself.
So I think, it's not a bad thing. It's the same when you make a tileset with tiles from other original jj2 tilesets...

cooba
Apr 18, 2004, 12:57 AM
Canadian, your sheet is incomplete. Standing Devan has THREE frames.

Violet CLM
Apr 18, 2004, 11:11 AM
Risp: Most (I have no proof, I'm just guessing, don't argue) people don't have enough graphical talent to make their own sprites. Thus, they use someone else's. Since nobody else has ever made sprites of Jazz that we've seen, the people without graphical talent have no choice but to use the originals. If you don't want the originals used, supply some alternatives.

Risp_old
Apr 18, 2004, 12:32 PM
That is why there are group projects.

Radium
Apr 18, 2004, 01:15 PM
I had Jazz RPGM2K graphics on my old harddrive, but it died.

TaZaR
Apr 18, 2004, 02:49 PM
Ok, thanks everyone for helping, I'll rip the sprites by myself. But I need a good program to do with it, becouse the "print screen" button is not good for it, and I had try to do it with hypersnap, but I think it's unable to make it good with it. (I don't know how to rip spiretes with it by steps...)
Somebody please help me.

Violet CLM
Apr 18, 2004, 02:49 PM
I suggest holding down the screenshot key.

TaZaR
Apr 18, 2004, 03:08 PM
It can't works but thx... :confused:
The problem is, if I hold the screenshot button with hypersnap, it will make much pictures, but it makes one after 10 secs after the prevous one. Is it possible to stop the move of the screen while hypersnap works on to make a picture?

Violet CLM
Apr 18, 2004, 03:15 PM
No, JJ2's screenshot key. F12.

TaZaR
Apr 18, 2004, 03:43 PM
Very big thanks for you, I now really happy! :lol:
You'll be in the 1st place of the special thx list if I ever finnish the game... ;)

Risp_old
Apr 18, 2004, 03:47 PM
So you are going to take this game to Finland?

TaZaR
Apr 18, 2004, 04:06 PM
Huh? What do you mean?

Onag
Apr 18, 2004, 04:32 PM
For the best results, create a level entirely out of the solid white tiles from the Cheq tileset. This will make it easy to select the sprite without any background pixels.

Also, make sure to switch to 8-bit mode and turn off ambient lighting so the colors aren't modified in any way.

-Nag

Risp_old
Apr 18, 2004, 05:10 PM
Huh? What do you mean?
You did say you would finnish it.

TaZaR
Apr 18, 2004, 05:20 PM
RSPSS FR: I dunno, I'll might finnish it, but I had just trying to start it with game maker. And why in finnland? It's a JJ fangame, not an official game, so I will load it up to somewhere if I'm ready with it, and it will be free for all. I don't like to tell more about this game, becouse it's not 100% I finish it. If I'm ready with a big part of it in the future, I will post some screen shots... ;)

Onag: Thx, I did it before when I ripped the walk sprites of the Norm Turtle (it was with print screen in the past, and it was a hard work for me, with this button =D), but thx.

Violet CLM
Apr 18, 2004, 05:22 PM
TaZaR: Ignore Risp, he's just making fun of your using "finnish" instead of "finish".

TaZaR
Apr 18, 2004, 05:30 PM
Ehh... :O I'm so stupid. :lol: But good joke. :-)