PDA

View Full Version : <= 1.0

Violet CLM
Apr 20, 2004, 12:26 AM
Contest. Simple. Make the WORST LEVEL EVER. No stealing other people's levels. Make your own tileset, too, if you want. No prize as this is just for humor value.

You have twenty four hours. Begin!

cooba
Apr 20, 2004, 04:04 AM
I made one in something about one minute. Faces ^ ^ ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; (http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/download.php?id=2802)

Risp_old
Apr 20, 2004, 04:18 AM
What about that first level for SUK I made? Does that count?

cooba
Apr 20, 2004, 04:27 AM
My one is overbeating SUK Battle Anrea.

Newspaz
Apr 20, 2004, 05:44 AM
http://stan.geckodigital.com/mylavel.zip
Who could ever beat my tileset choice.......

$n00z
Apr 20, 2004, 07:48 AM
Heh, i already made a level, but you people may not see it because its se cret. ;)

Fawriel
Apr 20, 2004, 09:32 AM
HERE IS MEIN L33T LEVEL I HOPE THAT YOU IT ENJOY WILL :-D PLZ RATE 10 ;-)

http://www.digitalsynopsis.com/Stuff2/leetlevel.zip

*cough*
Boy. Sometimes I scare myself.

Newspaz
Apr 20, 2004, 09:40 AM
I still put most time in making this.

Fawriel
Apr 20, 2004, 10:26 AM
That'd be good if this were a normal contest, but... =3;

cooba
Apr 20, 2004, 10:28 AM
My level is worse than Fawriel's <s>8^(</s>

Why the heck I'm unhappy? :^)

Fawriel
Apr 20, 2004, 10:36 AM
And I can't play it because I don't have the tileset. =P

R3ptile
Apr 20, 2004, 10:45 AM
I'm making my own worst level.

DoubleGJ
Apr 20, 2004, 11:23 AM
<a href="http://www.jsz-clan.republika.pl/tehbezteztlvl.j2l">BEHOLD.</a>

TaZaR
Apr 20, 2004, 02:43 PM
Can I make a bad level after 24 hours? :rolleyes: (I've got extremly bad ideas... :lol: )

Here's the level, I was only need half a min.: www.freewebs.com/tazar_/bestlevel.zip

FireSworD
Apr 20, 2004, 03:54 PM
I can simply make a level with nothing in it and win the contest.

But that would be too easy.

Violet CLM
Apr 20, 2004, 04:31 PM
You don't know enough about being bad, FS.

Strato
Apr 20, 2004, 04:52 PM
www.geocities.com/bstratn/A1.zip

Risp_old
Apr 20, 2004, 05:03 PM
http://www.geocities.com/rspss_27/mylittlepony.zip

Blackraptor
Apr 20, 2004, 05:30 PM
The first level I made would pwn you all at suxness. Too bad I have nowhere to upload it =\

Risp_old
Apr 20, 2004, 05:37 PM
I bet my level pwns yours. Try it and be amazed.

Violet CLM
Apr 21, 2004, 12:48 AM
Ok, so I'm twenty minutes late. Submission time is over! Judging begins as soon as I finish this post.

Violet CLM
Apr 21, 2004, 01:32 AM
SUPER 32 PALYER CTF: (Snooz)
SUPER uses Dam Nation in a relatively obvious fashion - no layer 8, no background or foreground eyecandy, just a jumble of disconnected layer 4 tiles. It's a CTF level, with a fairly believable (as bad) design, and the whole thing is rather plausible. Three notes which threw me off:
The events generate at speed 1. Shouldn't they be 0? 0 is a logically smaller number.
There should have been powerups in the lower area. It seemed ever so much like a secret area.
I can not believe anyone would actually type "palyer" as the title. I'm sorry, just no.

Untitled/BestLevelEvar: (Cooba)
Cooba made a Single Player level which bears an almost distressing resemblance to something made by Executor or someone. The start was incredibly unpromising, with a text sign that showed no effort to be realistic, but the level quickly got better. My suggestions are mainly add two more caterpillars, and a random wall somewhere. I also couldn't quite believe an author would make pits like that without attemping to add spikes.

UntiteLd: (Newspaz)
This level was a happy surprise. I expected to find nothing but Mez01 CTF levels or clones of Zappo Egypt, maybe even a few Battle1 edits - and then Newspaz comes along with this absolutely brilliant Cracco impersonation level. The hypothetical author of this level, instead of being a complete idiot, actually displays knowledge of how to use JCS, but chooses not to use it. Brilliant moments included the warp target in the wall, the JJNowalls cheat, the background, and the volcnao. Words can not really describe this level. It's in a completely different category from the rest - the only problem I had with it is that the "OMG" looked fake.

level: (Piccolo/Fawriel)
Piccolo made a single player level. Combining madcap layer 4 with a background consisting of the bonus station's thought bubble (not the most believable background, but it's funny), the player is forced to endure a remarkably short trek through spike balls, while the rest of the level is left barren of obstacles. This level amused me a bit, but it all seemed too fake, and the gameplay actually wasn't all that bad. The boss was great.

RATE THIZ 10 OMG PLZ THX :)))))): (JSZ Jazz)
Aside from that this has the most unbelivable title yet, there's not all that much to say about this level. That's because there's not much in the level. There's a start position, there's a warp target, there's no background. Ok, it's bad, but I can't say I was in the least amused by it. I ought to be amused or repulsed. Really. This level was way too obvious.

THE BEST LEVEL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!: (TaZaR)
TaZaR takes the emptyness approach even farther than JSZ Jazz, to the point where he does not bother placing events or choosing a tileset. I'm pretty sure the only thing done in this level was fill in the top five fields of "Level Properties" with repeats of the level name. Come on, people, where's all your non-talent? I want to see some LEVELS.

|SUK |SUP|ER BA|TTL AR\EA|N!11: (Infinite Spaz/Strato)
This one is great. I think it's CTF. There is hardly a thing in the level which looks fake - remove the "one" from the exclamation marks and make it so the knights don't stand around the door, and this level should be practically perfect. The bizarre use of warps, ammo, and structures combine to crate a very impressive final outcome.

mylittlepony: (RSPSS FR/Risp)
Going even farther than TaZaR did, Risp's entry is NOT ACTUALLY A LEVEL. It's just a few random characters in a text file with the extension turned to .j2l. How am I supposed to play this? How can I tell how bad it is??????

RANKING:
#1st place: Strato
#2nd place: Snooz
#3rd place: Newspaz (couldn't give it too high)
#4th place: Cooba
#5th place: Piccolo
#6th place: RSPSS FR
#7th place: TaZaR
#8th place: JSZ Jazz

#4 and #5 were close, and I found myself changing my mind which one was better several times. Nobody should be disheartened by these results except places 6-8, who all disappointed me.
...on the other hand, I've STILL seen worse levels than Strato's made by people who were serious about it. Alas.

(Nobody made a Battle1 Hotel. Should I be happy?)

Newspaz
Apr 21, 2004, 02:07 AM
I'm so proud ;)

cooba
Apr 21, 2004, 02:53 AM
Yessssss! I'm worse than Fawriel!

R3ptile
Apr 21, 2004, 03:32 AM
I'm a bit too late, but this is my worst level ever, I guess! I took some suggestions from a really n00bish level I made one-two years ago (look at the musicfile and the bonus level for example). I recommend to play this level for duels, you can play it as Battle or CTF (hey! there is a base!), I hope you like it. It used a quite bad tileset that a friend of my made with his brother, I hope it's bad enough. By the way, there are two start positions, if you got the wrong one, rejoin\rehost and it'll be fine. :rolleyes:

Levelname: LEVEL FOR DUELS (duels.j2l)
Made By: R3ptile of BF2J
Tileset: Fat United v2 by Kabab Bros
Music: סאבלימינל והצל - ילד רחוב.mp3
Download: Click here. (http://planet.nana.co.il/r3ptilejj2/DUELING.zip)

Risp_old
Apr 21, 2004, 03:41 AM
Actually, to make my level I took a random level from my folder and opened it in notepad and inserted random characters into it.

Fawriel
Apr 21, 2004, 03:56 AM
Aww. Oh well. I can't always be the worst. ;(

cooba
Apr 21, 2004, 04:06 AM
Aww. Oh well. I can't always be the worst. ;(

Always >) (http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/moreinfo.php?levelid=1436)

Fawriel
Apr 21, 2004, 04:10 AM
Uhm.... yes?

cooba
Apr 21, 2004, 04:20 AM
Actually, I quite enjoyed it. Good story, nice tilesets (except the Inside Out one, plz thx ^___^;;;;;; ), 1337 puzzles, etc.

Why the heckin' full I posted link for it?

DoubleGJ
Apr 21, 2004, 12:19 PM
I'm just too good. ^_^

Risp_old
Apr 21, 2004, 01:47 PM
I feel great knowing my awesome levelmaking skill took both 1st and 6th place in the contest.