PDA

View Full Version : Solution to Reviewing Problem

Onag
Apr 30, 2004, 03:56 PM
Admins

If you haven't already implemented the new reviewing system, here's an idea (that may or may not have already come up...in fact, I think I may have mentioned something similar before).

Everyone will be allowed to submit reviews, but only registered reviewers will be able to affect the final score. If a reviewer wants to be registered, he applies, which places him in a trial status. His reviews still don't affect the final score, but all other registered reviewers can rate his reviews (good or bad, no points). If his reviews get 80% (or whatever) good reviews by the registered reviewers, he is promoted to registered status and his reviews now apply toward the final score.

There would of course have to be at least several registered reviewers from the start. These can be selected from those people who are already known to review well. It really wouldn't take too long for the registered reviewer count to grow to a point where all submissions could be handled without placing too much strain on a core reviewing team.

Benefits:
- The scores would be much more accurate than they are now.
- Reviewing for your own level (or getting friends to do so) would be pointless, as it wouldn't affect the final score.
- The only people allowed to decide who is a good reviewer would be good reviewers.

Drawbacks:
- When the system first starts, the team would be too small to handle all submissions.
- Onag thought of it.

And finally, I will volunteer to implement (or help implement) the system if the J2Ov2 team is lacking time or energy to do it. I'll also pay each person who likes this idea $5,000,000.00. Just give me your bank account number and I'll transfer the money next week.

-Nag

Violet CLM
Apr 30, 2004, 04:11 PM
This isn't such a bad idea.

Trafton
Apr 30, 2004, 09:01 PM
This is a good idea, actually. One punishment could be being reduced to this state if the system is abused.

Perhaps a seperate value for rating including those from trial reviewers could be implemented. Or perhaps a feature that would allow a certain review to be OK'ed by admins if it is of excellent quality.

~ Traft

Violet CLM
Apr 30, 2004, 09:28 PM
I can just see it now.

Average Registered Rating: 6.2
Average Unregistered Rating: 8.0
Complete Average Rating: 7.1

Radium
May 1, 2004, 04:47 AM
<b>Average Dutch Fourth Grader Rating:</b> 9.0

FQuist
May 5, 2004, 05:58 AM