PDA

View Full Version : Animated Signatures?

BlazinDragon
May 8, 2004, 06:12 AM
I would like to learn how to draw/animate signatures like JSZ Jazz.

I would really apprieciate it if someone gave me a free website or instructions how to do it from scratch. Im sick of getting premade flaming text, it normally sux, i would like my name like this: TággêruñgÐR with blue and black flames in the background.

I want to learn, so i can make banners for my clan's forum and other's signatures.

Arent i nice :D

MoonBlazE
May 8, 2004, 09:41 AM
Format c:\.

BlazinDragon
May 8, 2004, 10:04 AM
Format c:\.

huh oO'?

Xion
May 8, 2004, 12:03 PM
If you get an animation program, you can do things like this.

PSP's Animation Shop is my animation program of choice.

cooba
May 8, 2004, 12:05 PM
If you get an animation program, you can do things like this.

You're saying about sigs, or formatting C: ?

BlazinDragon
May 8, 2004, 12:21 PM
formatting C: ?

I just want maybe an animated banner for my forums :p

cooba
May 8, 2004, 01:06 PM
...oh. It.. explains.. a lot.

Sorry, but I can't help in this case.

BlazinDragon
May 8, 2004, 01:23 PM
oh c'mon! someone give me ANY site do so with an animation-making program!

I dont wanna trash my HD by formatting it ;p

Xion
May 8, 2004, 06:14 PM
http://www.jasc.com/ Get Animation Shop 2

Trafton
May 10, 2004, 02:03 PM
Please don't. Animated signatures are a pain. You have to see them in every single post. A single frame is fine enough, especially if you make it really nice-looking. Animated signatures are just too busy.

~ Traft

Stijn
May 11, 2004, 07:38 AM
Get an animation program (try searching google for "free animation program", with the quotes). Draw a few frames and save it as a .gif. Done!

Captain Spam
May 11, 2004, 11:56 AM
Please don't. Animated signatures are a pain. You have to see them in every single post.

I do?

Oh, wait, that's right, I've had sigs off on this forum for the past few years because of that. :-) Can't imagine why we've kept those horrid things on all this time...

MoonBlazE
May 11, 2004, 11:58 AM
Actually, Captain, it's only very few people with annoying signatures. Like Xion. Specially Xion. Mostly Xion.

Xion
May 11, 2004, 01:00 PM
Like Xion. Specially Xion. Mostly Xion.Well, just because I like quoting people doesn't make a crappy signature!!!

Risp_old
May 11, 2004, 01:15 PM
It's overkill in both the quotes and the pictures category.

Stijn
May 11, 2004, 10:54 PM
and the worst of it, the pictures have a link border around them. now that's ugly! try border="0"

Captain Spam
May 13, 2004, 04:45 AM
The general rule of nettiquite is that sigfiles should be around three or four lines of text. This is assuming 80 characters a line. You will note this rule makes no mention of garish image files. :-)

Of course, this rule is fairly flexible, especially when dealing with variable-width fonts like nearly all modern browsers. Small images are generally acceptable if the forum you're posting to allows them (They're still frowned upon in email or newsgroup posts, however).

So nowadays, that general rule is a bit more like <b>if your sigfile is significantly longer (Either textwise or heightwise) than most of your posts or emails and is over 256 characters, it's too long.</b> I know I, for one, don't like having to scroll through page after page of someone's sig just to focus on where the sig ends and the next post begins. Sigfiles are supposed to be things like signatures, not a museum of every quote you've ever heard or a 5MB array of image files. :-)