PDA

View Full Version : Lets do new Jazz

NinJazz
Jun 21, 2004, 02:46 AM
Did you know that net is full of gamemaker programs?
We could do new jazz jackrabbit?
We need:
Ideas!
2D or 3D?
I have good gamemaker and tell if somebody thinks we could do it.
But my gamemaker needs C++ programming skills and I don't have those skills.

Thunder
Jun 21, 2004, 02:49 AM
:roll: Sounds fun, a new game :roll:

Sun Fun Dude
Jun 21, 2004, 03:35 AM
:roll: Sounds fun, a new game :roll:

I heartily agree :rolleyes:

Fawriel
Jun 21, 2004, 05:24 AM
*thumbs up*

DoubleGJ
Jun 21, 2004, 10:33 AM
Did you know that net is full of gamemaker programs?
Yeah, I'm making Jazz VS Sonic with one.
We could do new jazz jackrabbit?
A fangame actually.
We need:
Ideas!
I have lots of them, but time stops me to turn them into life. If I had a power to master the time, I would make tons of fanstuff.

KRSplat
Jun 21, 2004, 06:29 PM
Good luck.

Violet CLM
Jun 21, 2004, 10:23 PM
There are already several fangames out there. Posting a topic saying "someone make a fangame, I would but I don't know how" isn't going to help much.

Doubble Dutch
Jun 22, 2004, 03:13 AM
Fangames? Where are these fangames?

Gavie
Jun 24, 2004, 04:45 AM
I only know of Jazz SKi rabbit as a fangame yet..

DoubleGJ
Jun 24, 2004, 11:43 AM
There are also Jazz Sky Rabbit, Carrot Party, some weird game where you shoot turtles coming out from warp devices and a few other I can't remember. In production are Razz Arena and Jazz VS Sonic.

Violet CLM
Jun 24, 2004, 10:05 PM
If you bug Radium, he might give you some of his unfinished fangames. Same goes for ET, though less likely.

Ninja
Jun 25, 2004, 07:46 AM
2D with sweet, sweet 3D graphics would be l33t.

scatman
Jun 25, 2004, 09:04 AM
I can tell you that a 3d jazz fangame is on its way.
the site is under construction atm (and offline for that matter)
why dont you check the community game forum, and read all about it.

Oh and its called Razz Arena 3D, cause of legal rights..

~Alex

Sacrush
Jun 26, 2004, 10:44 AM
Jazz sky Rabbit is Not downlaodeble here can someone tell me where i can get it. BTW the link of that dowlaod is also down.

scatman
Jun 28, 2004, 10:32 AM
I know razz 3d's site is down, the server (homeserver) is under construction.

~Alex

piet
Jul 3, 2004, 06:26 AM
I know razz 3d's site is down, the server (homeserver) is under construction.

~Alex

my server is back online now.
and about all the fan games that are beeing made:
you cant do this kind of things on your own, so dont try to.
i have made myself a small team of people who can do stuff.
so i am asking all the jazzers out there: "dont try to make a game on your own, just all work on one single fan game at the time". haha not even saying: "CON ON HELP ME WITH MY GAME!!!".

i am seeking more members for my own forum, i need more ideas for my game, so you dont have to know anything about making games to help us.

hope i made sence here :P

Violet CLM
Jul 3, 2004, 12:56 PM
Most fangames are made by only one person. It's easy enough.

piet
Jul 3, 2004, 12:59 PM
Most fangames are made by only one person. It's easy enough.

well you may be right about that, lots of games are made by only one man.
but i think it would be better with a team if you are making a game as big as Razz Arena

scatman
Jul 4, 2004, 03:02 AM
because most of those fangames are ripped sprite games, or take years to make...

piet
Jul 4, 2004, 08:08 AM
because most of those fangames are ripped sprite games, or take years to make...

bit if you make a 3d version of a 2D game, there is less sprites to ripp, and it will take more time :)

Hare
Jul 5, 2004, 12:44 PM
I've got my own fangame thing going too. Just I've been so depressed for years, and have not gotten much of anything done. :|

I was working on a JJ3D thing a couple years ago too, but I'm kinda afraid to do that since I want to do games professionally, and left the project. Ah, but my level design skills weren't as good back then either, so at least I've got more practice in nowdays.

I use 3D GameStudio (http://www.3dgamestudio.com), and I do reccommend it, as I find it rather easy to use, however 3D Games Design is lots of work... unless you are lazy, then you can just toss anything together, pop in a few premade models with predefined scripts, put jazz level textures on the walls, and Boom, you got a fan game. Not a good fan game, but its uhm... something... or rather.

I've got a few screenshots (http://www.purrhead.thj.no/screenshots/misc-acknex_shots/) of most of the stuff I've done over the years since I got GameStudio (A5). None of which are of working games :|

piet
Jul 5, 2004, 03:16 PM
I've got my own fangame thing going too. Just I've been so depressed for years, and have not gotten much of anything done. :|

I was working on a JJ3D thing a couple years ago too, but I'm kinda afraid to do that since I want to do games professionally, and left the project. Ah, but my level design skills weren't as good back then either, so at least I've got more practice in nowdays.

I use 3D GameStudio (http://www.3dgamestudio.com), and I do reccommend it, as I find it rather easy to use, however 3D Games Design is lots of work... unless you are lazy, then you can just toss anything together, pop in a few premade models with predefined scripts, put jazz level textures on the walls, and Boom, you got a fan game. Not a good fan game, but its uhm... something... or rather.

I've got a few screenshots (http://www.purrhead.thj.no/screenshots/misc-acknex_shots/) of most of the stuff I've done over the years since I got GameStudio (A5). None of which are of working games :|

what do you mean not a good fan game?
i think you can better ripp off good, than making a bad game yourselve. and about using the jj2 texutres in my game: the game is still in progress so i use quick and diry textures just to have a feeling. if the game is ready it will have lots of new things, the only things i have "ripped" are:
a few textures form the castle map.
jazz model
carrot model
gun model

well that would be lets say 10% of the game now. not even talking about the modicating of all these rips, this is not a cheap Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Save. it takes skill.
skill like your work on 3d. but then remember that we ripped stuff from a unreal based game, and use it in quake. that takes knowless of both worlds so it was hard for me to do it.

hey your levels are nice! did you ever try Quark? we allways can use an extra mapper in out team.

but talking about that will be better in my own topic, this would be not the first topic i heijacked

Hare
Jul 6, 2004, 01:30 PM
Sorry about that. I hope I didn't offend you. I was actually talking about my own Jazz fangame I was making back a few years ago (but ditched shortly).

You are right though, it still takes lots of skill. I tend to think of quality in terms of what would be good enough to sell. That'd be kind of overkill for a fan game. I saw your Razz Arena site and I think you guys are doing a great job.

I'll contact you through PM, so this thread can get back to topic.