PDA

View Full Version : I found a DoS attacker >O

R3ptile
Jul 3, 2004, 06:43 AM
I hosted my own server and then my Norton Internet Security blocked a DoS attack from an IP, I checked all the IP's in my server and a guy who's called "BMASTER" did it. His IP was 81.173.128.110 (cable-81-173-128-110.netcologne.de), it was also probaly a faker. If Nimrod wants to ban him from the serverlist or a J2O admin wants to check out who he really is, he can do it immediately. If you're not sure that this guy was really a DoS attacker, that's the message I found at the log viewer:

Attempted Intrusion "MSSQL_Packet_DoS" from your machine against 81.173.128.110 was detected and blocked

Remember to ban him from your servers, also.

FoxBlitzz
Jul 3, 2004, 10:38 AM
Wow, that's pretty creepy. :/ I wonder how the others will take this.

Torkell
Jul 6, 2004, 07:00 AM
Attempted Intrusion "MSSQL_Packet_DoS" from your machine against 81.173.128.110 was detected and blocked

Notice that it says the attack came from your machine and went to his computer. Since it's unlikely that you'll be running SQL Server on the same box as JJ2, it's alomst certainly a false positive. You don't need to do anything about this - what probably happened is a update packet from JJ2 triggered that IDS signature by mistake.

FQuist
Jul 6, 2004, 10:50 AM
[D'oh, wrong person edit]<a gsdgsd></a>

Torkell
Jul 7, 2004, 01:37 AM
Hey Boggy, long time bo see!
Huh? I've only just registered. The name doesn't sound familiar.

Then again, I've already had a couple other people mistake me for someone else :D

$tilettø
Jul 7, 2004, 01:48 AM
if you host your server, and someone joins.. ofcaurse sometimes you get a message @ your firewall.. dont say things like ban this guy if you know nothing at all.. ty

Nimrod
Jul 7, 2004, 02:43 AM
I'm sorry, but that doesnt look like a JJ2 "hack" attempt at all.....

Trafton
Jul 7, 2004, 03:50 AM

Then again, I've already had a couple other people mistake me for someone else :D
We had another BoggyB a few years back. I think FQ's just confused. He needs his coffee. ;-P

FQuist
Jul 7, 2004, 06:22 AM
We had another BoggyB a few years back. I think FQ's just confused. He needs his coffee. ;-P

I don't drink coffee, thanks.

What's so weird about confusing the two? There was a famous oldie that was called BoggyB, and a BoggyB joins the community. How it this strange? You would also confuse people if someone called Wakeman or Dino would join.

Imo you should at least put it in your signature that you're not the old one, to avoid confusement, BoggyB. And welcome to the community, by the way.

Torkell
Jul 7, 2004, 06:45 AM
Imo you should at least put it in your signature that you're not the old one, to avoid confusement, BoggyB.
Done.
And welcome to the community, by the way.
Thanks!

Onag
Jul 7, 2004, 11:30 AM
What's so weird about confusing the two?

I was just about to make the same mistake until I read further down the thread.

-Nag

Trafton
Jul 7, 2004, 02:28 PM
I don't drink coffee, thanks.

What's so weird about confusing the two? There was a famous oldie that was called BoggyB, and a BoggyB joins the community. How it this strange? You would also confuse people if someone called Wakeman or Dino would join.
I know, I was just kidding around. I thought it was him at first, as well. ;-P

Tubz
Jul 7, 2004, 02:47 PM

Just like Pyromanus & Pyro! Same thing hapens with those 2.