PDA

View Full Version : 3D Programs?

NinJazz
Jul 7, 2004, 11:36 PM
Help me! Does anybody know FREE gamemaker with all things I
need to do FULL game:
Levels, actours, weapons aka objects, MUSIC etc. if you know please tellme
that although gamemaker that can use an8 files...

cooba
Jul 8, 2004, 12:01 AM
STOP REQUESTING FOR <B>FREE</B> PROGRAMS. IT IS ILLEGAL IN USA, AS WELL AS ON THIS FORUM. WE DON'T WANT THIS FORUM CLOSED, MORTAL.

piet
Jul 8, 2004, 01:02 AM
STOP REQUESTING FOR <B>FREE</B> PROGRAMS. IT IS ILLEGAL IN USA, AS WELL AS ON THIS FORUM. WE DON'T WANT THIS FORUM CLOSED, MORTAL.

well you could just ask the local game maker in this forum :P

McDougal
Jul 8, 2004, 01:15 AM
ya so. what ya gona do. oh i know

find a game engin. lets say Quake3arena
game maybe $15 tops depending where u go. play though the WHOLE GAME 1st. download the source code. www.planetquake.com
and enjoy theres a nice selection of tuts on how to. its HIGHLY recomended that u know some C or C++ coding. i dont know alot but i know enough to do what i need/want to do. even if i hit my limit on a portion then ill move on comeback by then i can see what i was doin wrong.

dont rush things ull lost interest and wont get newhere. ive done q3a coding off and on since 2000 when q3a came out and before then i tinkered with quake 1 code.
(im not a pain or a jerk(sorta) people dont digaround deep enough)

Derby: Content removal. A filtered expression was removed.

piet
Jul 8, 2004, 01:17 AM
that would be the local game maker

McDougal
Jul 8, 2004, 01:31 AM
its amazing how sencitive the language filter is. that filtered word isnt even spelled right..

Sun Fun Dude
Jul 8, 2004, 03:33 AM

You are being stupid ever heard of freeware?!

Stijn
Jul 8, 2004, 03:33 AM
You suck. He wasn't even requesting something illegal.

Sun Fun Dude
Jul 8, 2004, 03:34 AM
You suck. He wasn't even requesting something illegal.

Well said

Strato
Jul 8, 2004, 07:59 AM
And I hear that gamemaker (an excellent program) is coming soon with 3d compatible engine support. Even still, though it's a 2d game making program, people have found ways to make 3d games with it, using Mode 7.

Radium
Jul 8, 2004, 08:38 AM
There's that thing Hare uses that I forget the name of.

Onag
Jul 8, 2004, 08:15 PM
<small><small><b>&lt;notice&gt;This IS a personal attack against every individual whom has chosen to post in this thread (including myself).&lt;/notice&gt;</b></small></small>

This thread has a gross worth of -4.

Strato
Jul 8, 2004, 08:19 PM
Well onag, this guy apparently dosen't know any programming languages, and asked specifically for a program. I guess next time I'll avoid answering to the issue on hand.

cooba
Jul 9, 2004, 12:14 AM
Okay, stop flaming me<you idiots>. I just misread that post<you cretins>.

Violet CLM
Jul 9, 2004, 12:50 PM
Gamemaker can probably do some sort of limited 3D. I believe using the BUILD engine (used in, say, Duke Nukem 3D) is also free, though the documentation is not as complete as it could be... I think there might be a few BUILD forums scattered here and there, though, so you can probably find help with that.

br>piet: hahahhahahahahha no

Strato
Jul 9, 2004, 02:10 PM
GM can use mode 7, to make things like doom and other old games.

FoxBlitzz
Jul 9, 2004, 03:40 PM
GM can use mode 7, to make things like doom and other old games.

I think you've got that mixed up with Multimedia Fusion's Mode 7 EX Extension. Gamemaker doesn't have Mode 7 support. All it can do is rotate and resize 2D sprites.

Violet CLM
Jul 9, 2004, 06:02 PM
Mode 7 is only flat surfaces. Stuff like Wolf3D (which I assume is like Doom) needs Mode 8.

Odin
Jul 9, 2004, 07:21 PM
Wolf3D is like Doom, but it is only on two planes. You cannot walk up and down stairs, nor can you do any real polygons. It's just Sprites moving around, shrinking and ballooning, with walls. It's hard to explain, so look for a Wolfenstein 3D demo floating around the internet. Run it in DOS, though; it hates Windows 98. And if it hates that, I don't know what it'll do on an NT-Based OS like Windows XP.

-ThO (Violet needs to make a Crysilis. Now. Or else sasdf)

NinJazz
Jul 9, 2004, 10:58 PM
Any body know Anim8or. It is, most voted easiest usable
animator and it is free. But only thing is wrong I don't know
how can I do act. files with it. In else way I could do now 3D game.
I know a free gamemaker now, called RF (aka Reality Factory) it
needs no proggramming skills. Now DOES ANY BODY KNOW FREE
ANIMATOR THAT DOES act. FILES

NinJazz
Jul 9, 2004, 11:08 PM
that would be the local game maker

br>piet, you were using 3D gamemaker?
Is it free, are you using Milkshape 3D is IT free?
Please tellme... :-)

Xeno
Jul 10, 2004, 06:48 AM
Game Maker is able to do a limited amount of 3D if you know what you are doing and you know where to look for help. You can do extra 3D stuff with Xception's Xtreme3D.dll and perhaps other dll files, also. All you have to do is look.

Personally, I don't see a reason to go 3D when you can get a perfectly aesthetically pleasing game in 2D (not to mention I can't make graphics worth...well, anything.). Not to mention there are a lot more free 2D programs out there.

Game Maker Community Forums (http://forums.gamemaker.nl/index.php?act=idx)

Risp_old
Jul 10, 2004, 07:06 AM
And a lot more people here use gamemaker than mod the sourcecode of games, so you could get a lot more help here.

R3ptile
Jul 10, 2004, 07:20 AM
What is your point? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Radium
Jul 10, 2004, 07:33 AM
Personally, I don't see a reason to go 3D when you can get a perfectly aesthetically pleasing game in 2D (not to mention I can't make graphics worth...well, anything.). Not to mention there are a lot more free 2D programs out there.
In my opinion, the advantages of 3d games are that you can change the camera angle and you get a smaller filesize. As long as you know how to work with camera angles well, this can be a big advantage to the game's graphics.