PDA

View Full Version : JJ1 Sprites

Radium
Jul 13, 2004, 10:29 AM
Perhaps this should go in Community Game Development, but it's a question directed at the people who made/understand JCS94. Is it possible to use that program or one like it to extract a character's animations as an animation/image file? The number of fangames made would increase greatly if there were animations readily available.

Alister
Jul 13, 2004, 02:03 PM
I was working on this for a while, but eventually I gave up. It's really easy to get at the transparency masks, but the actual graphics are a bit harder. Taking screenshots in JJ1 would probably be the easiest thing to do.

Come to think of it, taking screenshots and then using the transparency masks to wipe out the background would save loads of time.

Iam Canadian
Aug 4, 2004, 03:13 PM
I tried a JJ1 sprite rip of some boss or another, but manually erasing the BG around the character is tedious to the extreme.

Doubble Dutch
Aug 6, 2004, 06:12 AM
Toxic Bunny's suggestion actually does save a lot of time, although (I don't) know what I'm going to do with 12 Dangerous Dave sprites.

Derby: Filter bypass replacement. The filter was bypassed. Content was replaced.