PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for 1.25

R3ptile
Jul 16, 2004, 12:07 AM
(Edit: I decided to remove this post, it really didn't make sense.)

NinJazz
Jul 16, 2004, 03:03 AM
Is this your "lost" thread about resolutions?
Jazz is great game now, I can't get known what it needs
to be better.

MoonBlazE
Jul 16, 2004, 03:16 AM
http://www.brioservers.com/~jazz2on/jcf/showthread.php?t=8107

Monolith
Jul 16, 2004, 11:15 AM
Playing in higher resolutions would alter the gameplay as it would allow you to see more. Alternatively, we also don't have any higher resolution graphics. Higher resolutions would however be useful for people who are playing split-screen.

Remove Lori?! I think we were hoping to add Lori so everyone could play as her.

Crashing when freezing a gem ring is a new bug to me.

Newspaz
Jul 16, 2004, 02:52 PM
I say enlarge it, but add a sort of flag to the levelfiles which says what's the maximum resolution which the level can be played at.

If the resolution is lower than for instance your set 1024x768, the rest of the screen could be a black border.

Violet CLM
Jul 17, 2004, 04:16 PM
- Playing JJ2 under higher resolutions.
Why? One of the reasons JJ2 kind of failed is that the resolution was too high already.

- Right now, you can't use teamchat if you joined as a team. Epic must fix it.
...what? That doesn't make any sense. Since when can you not use team chat?
- Remove Lori, none needs her.
hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha hahah NO.
Anything else? :7
Yes. Lots. Look at the 1.25 Addons and the 1.25 Fixes threads.

dancle
Jul 17, 2004, 04:39 PM
Add Lori to the normal game :D

Is there a patch 1.24 for jj2??

NG Daniel

cooba
Jul 18, 2004, 03:31 AM
1.24 isn't patch, it's an add-on. You have to buy it.

Doubble Dutch
Jul 18, 2004, 06:32 AM
Figures

FQuist
Jul 18, 2004, 07:21 PM
1.24 isn't patch, it's an add-on. You have to buy it.
TSF is an add-on, Cooba, not 1.24. 1.24 is a version of jj2 with a few more features than 1.23.

Blackraptor
Jul 18, 2004, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure there wasn't a thread like this before, but who cares, which fixes do you want for 1.25? Do not request more charaters like Devan and Eva, try to suggest more resonable things. =P I'll combine all the good suggestions and we will send an E-mail to Epic and request them to make a poor patch by 2 seconds. Who knows?! It might work!

Edit: Since now, I'm just making a list of fixes for the next version.

- Playing JJ2 under higher resolutions.
- Fix the flagbug.
- Fix the seekholes and we won't have to use the patch.
- Uncolored nicknames in CTF.
- Right now, you can't use teamchat if you joined as a team. Epic must fix it.
- Remove Lori, none needs her.
- Ammo usually doesn't respawn, Epic must fix it as well.
- If there is already kick and ban option, they can enable mute.
- When you freeze a gem ring, the server crashes. This should be fixed.
- Disable laser shield in multiplayer.
- Enable morphing into a frog or a bird.

Anything else? :7

-I find playing JJ2 in normal resulutionds OK right now..
-Yeah. Even though there is a simple way to avoid it, it should be fixed.
-Agree with that one as well.
-No. How would you tell teams apart then?
-You mean if you joined under a specified team. Fix as well
-hahahahahahaha NO
-Weapon Regenerator. Im not sure you could fix this as well since it has to do with packet loss and lag.
-what?
-Yeah.
-You mean the cheating thing. Not sure this could be done either (unless you want to permanentely remove the laser shield from the whole game)
-You can morph into a frog or bird....

Trafton
Jul 19, 2004, 12:02 AM
TSF is an add-on, Cooba, not 1.24. 1.24 is a version of jj2 with a few more features than 1.23.
If you're going to be exact, TSF is a seperate game. It is not "adding on" to the original, nor does it expand its levels. The most accurate thing that could be said is that it is an expanded edition of the game.

NinJazz
Jul 19, 2004, 12:40 AM
Where can I check my ver. ?

cooba
Jul 19, 2004, 12:53 AM
Where can I check my ver. ?Bottom left of your JJ2 menu.

DoubleGJ
Jul 19, 2004, 08:54 AM
-allow internet race and co-op without having to use programs like XJJ2 or JazzForce
-fix internet co-op so guests can get hurt too and endlevel works
-fix palette entries for the freakin' Carrot Bump
-fix Lori so she can use the copter
-add Lori Start Pos event
-fix Echo event so it doesn't last until you shut the game completely if you have quit the level with echo turned on
-add "Delay" option to Ambient Sound event, which would set the time between two sound cycles
-make a posibility to pick a boss music from your own, including other supported mod formats than j2b
-fix the flag bug (of course)
-fix Swinging Vine event, so you can't go through walls while swinging
-fix rock events so that they're more reliable (it's annoying when they don't fall without any reason)
-allow bigger mod files
-make more possible effects for textured background (in JCS it looks like they wanted to make more than just Warp Horizon), like for example swirl (texture turning around the screen center, like in one of the backgrounds in MK3)
-fix Rocket Turtle event, it would be a very nice boss
-fix Twiddle Boss or remove him for sake of event space
-fix Fast Feet
-allow to create a time limit in a SP level (as an optional thing), without having to use weird tricks
-I think that there should be a character with opposite abilities to Lori (double jump and uppercut), maybe Eva or Razz?
-there should be someone else instead of Eva to unfrog you when you're playing as Lori... at this moment, it's EVIL
-make an ability to use your own custom j2v
-fix Lazer Shield event, so in SP it appears as a pickup monitor; in MP the one who uses lazer shield should be automatically banned

That's all that came to my mind at the moment. I'll probably think of a lot more later...

Violet CLM
Jul 19, 2004, 11:46 AM
-fix Swinging Vine event, so you can't go through walls while swinging
This would be a decent idea, except it's been used in so many levels by now it would just cause trouble if it was fixed.

-make more possible effects for textured background (in JCS it looks like they wanted to make more than just Warp Horizon), like for example swirl (texture turning around the screen center, like in one of the backgrounds in MK3)
I agree. For example, Battery Check uses these:
0=Warp Horizon (Back Layer) |Fade Red |Fade Green |Fade Blue
1=Rotate (Back Layer) |-Angle
2=LineScrolling (Any Layer) |BeginLine |Speed |Sinoid
3=Water (Any Layer) |BeginLine |Speed |Sinoid

-fix Rocket Turtle event, it would be a very nice boss
Lots of people say this, but nobody really explains how they want it fixed. How about it can actually use Area ID loops? That would be good in itself.

-I think that there should be a character with opposite abilities to Lori (double jump and uppercut), maybe Eva or Razz?
And people would complain. Wouldn't new, original moves be better? Besides, that's one huge jump height.

-there should be someone else instead of Eva to unfrog you when you're playing as Lori... at this moment, it's EVIL
I remember people were concerned about this before TSF was released. :D How about DrJones?

For the most part, your suggestions are very good and better thought out than those of most people. Good job!

Sciz CT
Jul 19, 2004, 01:04 PM
I can't help but think that a good alternative to shields would be a barrier which simply absorbs one shot and vanishes. As if the series doesn't already rip Sonic off enough already.

Violet CLM
Jul 19, 2004, 01:08 PM
Like carrots, birds, or those shields from JJ1?

DoubleGJ
Jul 20, 2004, 03:16 AM
I like the way the shields are now. That way they're something more than just additional health. Not only the limited time makes you rush to use the shield as much as possible, but also you get additional firepower to make a quick use of it AND you have less time to enjoy it if you hit something. The Sonic-like shields won't do too good in JJ2 because of a different health measures.

Sacrush
Jul 23, 2004, 09:19 AM
How about voice chat.

Violet CLM
Jul 23, 2004, 12:51 PM
Building that into JJ2 would just be weird. There are sure to be random programs out there which can do it on their own.

Blade Nightflame
Jul 24, 2004, 05:35 PM
1.25... There were some stuff I wanted in a new Jazz 2. 'Cept they were more related to JCS. (4 tile switching, up/down/left/right...).

Err, sorry. I ain't bringing up that JCS Upgrade list I did years ago. Looking back makes me hell 'shamed. (How stupid WAS I back then?...)

Some small suggestion

1.25:

- Getting the 'Get stuck in the floor/wall' bug. (Happenes in 1.24 and 1.23.)

- Able to add that Trigger Zone effect, as stated somewhere on the net, you shoot something and it triggers (Example: A rock falling towards you) (this part is optional.)

Derby: Content removal. A filtered expression was removed.

Stijn
Jul 26, 2004, 02:29 AM
-MORE JCS OPTIONS. I WANT: / I WANT TO BE ABLE TO:
- Select with how much hearts the player starts
- Select the standard playing character
- More text strings :P
- Easier way to format and color your text
- More animation tiles, if possible
- Multiple events on one tile, if possible
- Customize enemies (how many hits it takes to destroy them, how many points they get you, how many damage they do to you)
- Select the number of gems that earns you an extra live at the level exit
- Make bonus/secret levels less buggy and easier to work with
- Add a "Medium" difficulty level in the event properties window, and change the dropdownbox to checkboxes (so you can select multiple difficulties an event appears on, not just one)
- Make no fire zone work in singleplayer
- <s>Add a spelling check to the text string thingy</s>
- Set how many tiles a spring moves you up
- Customize hotkeys
- A button that brings up a file browser where you can select the music, instead of that dodgy text field where you have to fill in the filename manually
- A somewhat easier way to set the angle a trigger rock falls on (like a window with axis where you can simply drag a line to the correct angle)
- Ambient sound selector
- Choose how long a shield lasts and how much damage your Whammo Ammo does
- More 1337 light effects
- More "auto-morph" events (not just jazz>frog and frog>jazz)
- Disable or enable (certain) cheats for a level
- Easy color selector for the textured background (though I don't need that :P)
- More background/layer movement effects
- Time limits for SP and MP levels, perform certain actions if a certain amount of points/gems is reached
- Sprite movement scripting (though this might be very difficult to make, it would be extremely cool)
- Choose how many hearts a carrot gives you back
- Customize weapons for each levels: for example, an option that prevents TNT form destroying all blocks, an option that sets the amount of damage a weapon does, etc
- More triggers and warps, and something that keeps track of which trigger/warp IDs you already used :P
- Resize the JCS window parts horizontally
- In case a level has multiple bosses, you should be able to select which one is the final boss for the level (e.g. the one that lets you finish it)

IN JJ2 ITSELF, FIX:
- Co-op mode
- The easy way of killing bosses by buttstomping/kicking
- The fact that you're invincible while buttstomping (at least most of the time)
- JJ2 crashing because of various reasons (flipepd trigger sceneries, too much sprites etc. JJ2 could also just go back to tge main menu without crashing your PC)
- The Bubba boss jumping out of the level
- Lori not being able to grab copters
- Seekers going to the wrong spot (especially in MP)
- Events not falling down when a trigger removes the masks they're standing on
- The esc-thing with the chat
- Dodgy team chat
- The CTF bug :P
- The Rocket turtle, though I have no idea how
- Non working events, like:
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;- Fast Feet (should increase your running speed for X time)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;- Purple gem (should actually give you gems that show up when the levels end)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;- Slide (some sort of belt which lets you move with the same speed you had when you stepped on it)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;- Stop Enemy should work with all enemies
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;- Add monitors for the Laser shield and the TNT powerup (though I don't know how a TNT powerup would benefit you)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;- The "scenery" events should work (which would probably need tweaked palettes for most tilesets, but whatever)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;- The "bonus warp" event should work with any amount of coins
- Remove events that don't have a sprite and don't modify the gameplay (like the "dim light" event) or fix them
- Add an event that does not modify the gameplay but is just a sprite (like MCE's or the stopwatch event). You should be abel to choose which sprite it uses

AND ALSO ADD:
- A "limit y-scrolling" event
- "enable y-scrolling" and "enable x-scrolling" events (they would act as the opposite of the "limit scrolling" events)
- A time limit for Race (player who has travelled the longest distance wins when time's up)
- An instant death event
- An "empty box event" that could contain whatever you want
- Multiple bosses in one level
- More advanced HUD (for example, the F9 players list could be made easier to read and it could contain some more information)
- A layer that hides the player's name and all other HUD elements, plus the text
- More server options, like these: (all options can be disabled :P)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;- Make chatting/idle players invincible
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;- [In-game Project Controller functions]
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;- Disable certain events
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;- Co-op and Race should be selectable game types
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;- Easier level chooser
- The abilty to choose Devan as a character, after beating the Single Player
- Custom cutscenes, between levels
- More supported music formats (if possible)
- Auto-update (if needed)
- More advanced Home Cooked Level browser (filters for gametype, more than 256 levels etcetera)
- "Favourite" Home-Cooked levels (easy to choose)
- J2E maker for free :P, and the abilty to disable J2E's so they wont show up on the list
- A macro recorder (you know, the demos) that has less bugs and is easier to control (also, if possible, a .avi-exporter for the demos)
That's all for now 8D
Probably full of grammar and spelling errors, but whatever.

Sacrush
Jul 26, 2004, 03:47 AM
Wow flash! You really thinked about it.

I disagree with beeing invincible when chatting because you can use that in a bad way like this for example: You see 10 seekers coming right toward you. Then ofcourse you starts to chat without chatting and will not recieve any damage.

O and couple thing for JCS:
-beeing able to play the music you wan`t in your level.
-If boss appears that you can do that there will be no boss music.
-Lori start pos
-Beeing able to export the tileset into bmb and the mask.(or something different like .JPG)
-When coin warp used the coins don`t change into gems.
-beeing able to let layer8 move

For MP:
-kick vote.
-Level voting system like in UT2004.
-chat smilies.
-When someone has sugar rush you can see it.
-Team battle

O and one more thing for the serverlist:
-Beeing able to see how many players there are in the server and who is in that server.
-when you host you can type a text and all players who join your server see that text for a couple of seconds. (So you can tell them rules for example.)

That`s about it for now.

cooba
Jul 26, 2004, 05:12 AM
-Being able to play the music you want in your level.You mean, allow .mp3?
-If boss appears that you can do that there will be no boss music.I agree fully.
-Lori start posPointless.
-Being able to export the tileset into bitmap and the mask.(or something different like .JPG)errr... why?
-When coin warp used the coins don't change into gems.That has been discussed already, but I'm against it. Why? It allow to do some evil SinglePlayer puzzles.
-Being able to let layer 8 moveOooooooh, yes. Thing that would make me proud a lot.

For MP:
-Kick vote.?
-Level voting system like in UT2004.Yay. It would pwn.
-Chat smilies.Point?
-When someone has sugar rush you can see it.8D Another 13333333333333333333337 thing. 8D
-Team battleYou can do it easily. It uses simple triggering.

Stijn
Jul 26, 2004, 06:10 AM
Coins turning into gems also make a lot of puzzles impossible, Cooba. How about an option to disable/enable it? Also, Lori start pos isn't pointless, if it was there you'd be able to e.g. enable a trigger for Lori that would let her pass areas that need a high jump.

The chat-invincibility would be an option a server host could set. In duels it should obviously be turned off, but in "fun servers" it would be useful, I guess.

Clarification: (:P)
Kick vote: Ability to call a vote for kicking someone. If it gets anough "yes" votes, the player gets kicked.

cooba
Jul 26, 2004, 06:59 AM
Lori can jump higher than Jazz's uppercut ;p
Anyway, about the jumping higher, stand in a spot where you can jump without hitting your head, directly facing a wall, press speed around fifteen times or so (basically, until you're playing the reving up animation) then hold down jump until you've jumped twice. If you did it right, you should have jumped very slightly higher then Jazz's uppercutt.

Stijn
Jul 26, 2004, 07:43 AM
That requires you to be at a spot where you are facing a wall and nothing to bump your head on, which isn't always the case 8D

Blade Nightflame
Jul 26, 2004, 07:58 AM
- An instant death event

Hmm, not a bad choice. This kind of event would be real usefull if a trigger BFG event was used in an episode. *has an evil idea* }>

cooba
Jul 26, 2004, 09:02 AM
Hmm, not a bad choice. This kind of event would be real usefull if a trigger BFG event was used in an episode. *has an evil idea* >)Kekeke... what episode? What BFG has to do with it? I'm quite confused.

Oh, and happy birthday.

Blade Nightflame
Jul 26, 2004, 10:39 AM
Kekeke... what episode? What BFG has to do with it? I'm quite confused.

Oh, and happy birthday.

Thanks. ^^.

The Trigger BFG event was a thought that came to me. Let's say like a ship fires it's cannons at you, hits you and then you die (in a episode). If 1.25 has a chance of coming out. I'll upgrade my Jazz 2 version. And restart on my episode. (The Last of the Mighty Vikings)

Some possible suggestions (Not fixes..)

- If an animated tile hits an incoming Triggered event (Let's say a falling block) or a character, it should be so that the animation gets transferred to 'Hits something', usefull if plasma beams come out somewhere and want to have that good effect.

- Possible that some scenery can be shot even though it has an 'HURT' event on it (Engines, turbos). Or an diffrent event on it.

- More text strings. (The more the better for some episodes.)

- Able to include other music file extensions. Such as '.mid, .mp3, .wav, .snd...etc'

- A possible shadow effect (Once under the light, the char can have a shadow effect. To add a bit more realism.)

- Random effects at a random position (To add a bit more action scene if you want explosions in levels.)

Violet CLM
Jul 26, 2004, 06:09 PM
Fl@sh's list is incredible. I can't manage to disagree with a single thing on it except for removing your invincibility while stomping.

NeoBlaze
Jul 26, 2004, 07:15 PM
except for removing your invincibility while stomping.
True

Doubble Dutch
Jul 27, 2004, 03:50 AM
That is indeed an annoying occurence.

cooba
Jul 27, 2004, 08:23 AM
be able to trigger scenery on foreground and background layers.

Blade Nightflame
Jul 27, 2004, 08:42 AM
be able to trigger scenery on foreground and background layers.

Oh yeah, I sorta had that idea once too! Too bad ye beat me to it. *imagines a nice background transform into a hell backdrop because of an event* Heh. Cool

An exit event where when you touch it, you don't get the exiting sequence, but you INSTANTLY teleport to the starting positon of the next level. (to make it look like a continuation.)

Risp_old
Jul 27, 2004, 08:48 AM
*Make hurt evens work when placed on a wall or a ceiling (so you can have working spikes on every possible part of a room)
*The ability to make specific enemies drop specific things

cooba
Jul 27, 2004, 08:53 AM
*Make hurt evens work when placed on a wall or a ceiling (so you can have working spikes on every possible part of a room)Enemies/Badguys/Bees
*The ability to make specific enemies drop specific things!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!

Anyway, MC, I did not meant changing background as much as when you collect a thing, it appears in your HUD without ending level. (That would save lot of Tomb Rabbit levels)

Risp_old
Jul 27, 2004, 09:11 AM
Using bees looks wrong, since you can have a near miss yet still be hurt.

blurredd
Jul 27, 2004, 09:11 AM
One thing no one seems to be mentioning is a continue system where after you reach the "Continue? No/Yes" screen 2 or 3 times (or some customizable number), the game sends you back to the first level or the level of your choice. This wouldn't be too hard to implement if an additional field was added in Level Properties where you can add the filename for the level to send players to after running out of continues.

Blade Nightflame
Jul 27, 2004, 09:28 AM
Enemies/Badguys/Bees
!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!

Anyway, MC, I did not meant changing background as much as when you collect a thing, it appears in your HUD without ending level. (That would save lot of Tomb Rabbit levels)

Well, it wouldn't be usefull if you can't have a parralaxing 6th layer, then just destroy it somehow and use the 8th layer. (That's why background change came to my mind.) (Sorry if this post gives you confusion)

Stijn
Jul 28, 2004, 12:46 AM
With removing your invincibility when stomping I didn't mean losing invincibility you get by eating a carrot, but the fact that enemies usually don't hurt you when they touch you while you're performing the butsstomp-move.

NeoBlaze
Jul 28, 2004, 11:21 AM
What a spammer...

cooba
Jul 28, 2004, 11:52 AM
What is seeker hole, actually? It is something that will suck up seekers after someone left game?

ah, yes. Pageclaim.

!Tman!
Jul 30, 2004, 08:32 PM
I dont like it when i grab a helicopter and its not there that needs fixed... :cool:

NeoBlaze
Jul 31, 2004, 06:31 AM
!Tman!
For now, just dont touch the helicopter earlier than it appears, then it work properly

!Tman!
Jul 31, 2004, 07:53 PM
No i dont care i want it now ;)

DoubleGJ
Aug 3, 2004, 06:59 AM
Idea! Using the chance of posting from another PC I would like to tell my idea about Lava event. I would rename it to Lava Level. It would have the same options as Water Level. Already guessed it? It would be a lava flood, that you can swim in, but it gets you hurt when you're not blinking or without the health rings. Think of cool puzzles you would do with that.

cooba
Aug 13, 2004, 02:36 AM
- fix the sugar rush bug which makes server hears sugar rush song when client is on rush. it's ANNOYING.

Violet CLM
Sep 2, 2004, 11:35 AM
- Violet, try to join as blue or red instead of default.. now you can't use teamchat and you will be able to see the other team's text. IS IT CLEAR?!%$#!
Uh? Do you understand how teamchat works? Basically, all odd numbers communicate, and all even numbers communicate. Your situation only happens some of the time, but... wait, what are you responding to? Why are you talking to me?

I don't feel like looking at the rest of your suggestions right now, but I'm fully against removing laser shield (as that would sort of break half the ground force levels), and I'm not sure what you mean by water level bug.

Krappulski
Sep 9, 2004, 10:26 AM
There could be some things changed, but surely some things wich may NOT be removed...
-everybody will hate me after this:(, i now but...:make a charcater editor so you can make your own characters
-all that bugs fixed 'n stuff
-indeed, in JCS you should be able to place multiple events on one tile
-add mp3 music, all that stuff with mplayer...
-make layer 8 moving(without warp horizon)
-if there isn't a warp target, at least send to a better place then:error, no warp target found...
-just make one single good version, without all the add-ons and change from 1.23 to 1.24, this isn't handy
-andd SURELY NOT remove lori, I like games with alot of characters wich you can choose
-make an easy server list-interface, because I never now if it refreshes, or not
-about the character editor: with things you can draw yourself, (or with other paintshop pro stuff), and so you can use characters and bad guys, I would also(I hope this is possible) want that you can make mutated characters, so a rabbit with a bad-guy's head 'n stuff, also, like in JCS, there should then be some tile-set like things...
-change lettertype of your online name, and color, ASCII, WITHOUT any prgrams like jazzEd, Jazztool,etc...

SO, that should be it, i maybe later find some other things i also want to get changed

Please don't start flaming...

DoubleGJ
Sep 10, 2004, 09:17 AM
-indeed, in JCS you should be able to place multiple events on one tile
That would screw the game I guess. I don't like this idea. Imagine a lot of food events in one place for example. No fun.
-if there isn't a warp target, at least send to a better place then:error, no warp target found...
Better make it not work at all if so.
-add mp3 music, all that stuff with mplayer...
That's a short road to breaking copyrights. Mod music is better for games anyway.
-just make one single good version, without all the add-ons and change from 1.23 to 1.24, this isn't handy
Impossible. At least until JJ2 becomes freeware.

Krappulski
Sep 14, 2004, 09:02 AM
That's a short road to breaking copyrights. Mod music is better for games anyway.

Okay, it should be easy, but you can add copyright...And there will always be people who break the llaw...
(god, i suck in discussing stuff;))

Stijn
Sep 14, 2004, 09:09 AM
Who would use Britney Spears music as background music anyway? That's a bad argument against MP3 support, Jazz.

Sonic_24
Nov 14, 2004, 06:21 AM
Hey! And what about Lori?? She can't fly on these fans whih leave from some bad guys!
And also she can't pass some episodes!

WHAT SHALL WE DO??? Please answer!