PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Jackrabbit: The adventuregame.

The SlaYeR
Aug 1, 2004, 05:31 AM
Check out this website: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/

It has a very nice program we could use to create our own little JJ adventure game, lots of neat things are going on, the story on the WT everyone is participating in, the ladder petition, and if we create this thing, it'd be awesome.

We could make a small team, several people take care of the story, several people take care of the graphics, and several people take care of the coding.

I'll just keep this topic up and see if enough people are interested.

Fawriel
Aug 1, 2004, 05:45 AM
I'll gladly do anything I don't have to work on.
I guess that leaves... thinking. Awesome.
Sorry. Too busy with other things. =\

$n00z
Aug 1, 2004, 06:04 AM
i think i could help with the graphics.. or something. ;)

!Tman!
Aug 1, 2004, 06:39 AM
I would help but im not good with programming i got some great ideas for an jj2 adventure game.

Tubz
Aug 1, 2004, 09:58 AM
Maniac Mansion Deluxe is pretty cool. Very nice perfect remake of the original game.

Doubble Dutch
Aug 2, 2004, 02:56 AM
Hmmm, interesting.

Alister
Aug 2, 2004, 06:47 AM
Story, graphics, coding. They all sound good. :D

I'll download AGS and see what it can do. I'm right behind this project.

!Tman!
Aug 7, 2004, 06:42 PM
Sounds great

FoxBlitzz
Aug 7, 2004, 09:46 PM
If you need sound effects, I've got plenty of high-quality ones.

And BTW: does Adventure Game Studio allow any music formats other than MIDIs? If not, then that's just 5ux0rz.

Edit: Checked the website. Has some of the better formats playable (.ogg, .xm, etc.), so that is good. :)

Anubis
Oct 21, 2004, 02:29 AM
It would be nice to create a small JJ adventure. You need permission from Epic or else...

Slaz
Oct 22, 2004, 09:39 AM
I don't think you need permission from Epic for only making a fan game that you share on the internet.

White Rabbit
Oct 28, 2004, 06:42 AM
As long as it's free. Anyway, this sounds like a good idea but I have absolutely no experience in this area. However, I can give you the full storyline ;), which I will make up as I go along:

The giant, yellow Planet Cheese orbitin Carrotus' sun has long been left alone because of its inhospitable cheese terrain and because by the time the rabbits of Carrotus developed an efficient inter-planetary travel system, Devan Shell came along and kidnapped Eva while she was standing at the altar with her fiance Jazz so...(you know the rest! :p). Now, with Devan, his sons, countless demons, Devan's clone, evil machines and Devan 2, 3, 4, etc. defeated, the peaceloving rabbits of Carrotus has decided to colonize the planet and exploit the thousands of tonnes of natural cheese that exists there.

Using state-of-the-art cheese extracting machines and large cheese melters and cheese cauldrons, the rabbits have created an industrial cheese factory city, appropriately named Cheese City (note: this can be changed later on if you want). They would add different flavour cheese, cheese that turned green on various days of the week (mainly Tuesday) and created all sorts of cheese from mix and match experiments. As the city thrived on the cheese industry and gradually spread outwards, into the more desolate cheese plains of Planet Cheese, giant rats were encountered. These rats, an evolved form of the lab rats from Devan's secret lab in Jazz's second great adventure (the one with the 5000k carat diamond ring) had been living on Planet Cheese for years after the original lab rats were blown to this planet after Devan's lab's destruction. These rats have grown used to the raw, unmodified cheese of the planet and therefore lust for more exquisite tastes. Several rat raids have been attempted and the poor rabbit inhabitants were left with a dwindling cheese supply. Defence perimeters were built but the rats still got into the city suspiciously easy. There must be some kind of saboteur. You (no you're not Jazz/Spaz/Lori this time, although this can be changed), inspector Turnipcheeseslab-ear must conduct your investigation throughout Cheese City, from its slums, its city centre filled with skyscrapers and its streets. Whilst trying to find clues, you encounter loads of evil rabbits who will stop at nothing to prevent you from finding out the truth. Why would they do such mean things to a fellow rabbit? Who are they working for? And whay would they help the unintelligent, savage rats? There are also rumours that there is a giant (AND I MEAN GIANT) cat on the planet, preying on the rats.

It's basically the story for a detective story, but there can be some fighting and exploring as well. Sounds good? :)

Unhit
Oct 28, 2004, 06:45 AM
I got coding experience from mapping. Maybe that could help in some way. Else I'd love to help with the story.

MoonBlazE
Oct 29, 2004, 08:38 AM
I got no experience in programming and am far too lazy to work on such things, I'm willing to help.

Stijn
Oct 30, 2004, 01:17 AM
I am a lousy coder and I'll help 8D8D8D8D