PDA

View Full Version : I am dying for a copy of:

Hazel-rah
Sep 19, 2004, 09:43 AM
Would you sell your soul for one of these? :P<br>http://web.axelero.hu/armalek4/index_elemei/main2_elemei/jazzsmmodflip.gif

R3ptile
Sep 19, 2004, 09:56 AM
Jazz Jackrabbit: CD-ROM and Jazz Jackrabbit 2: Holiday Hare 98.

I wouldn't sell my soul or something. I would want newer games like Doom 3 more than of of those Jazz Jackrabbit old games from '98 or something.

I just love Jazz Jackrabbit, especially Jazz Jackrabbit 2, but I'm absolutely not a Jazz Jackrabbit freak.

Iam Canadian
Sep 19, 2004, 09:57 AM
The only ones I don't have are Christmas Chronicles (somewhat useless, since I have HH98 which is basically the same thing, sans Lori) and the JJ3 demo. Although I'm aware of its legal status, it's always been a guilty little desire of mine to try JJ3.

cooba
Sep 19, 2004, 09:58 AM
I have all you mentioned but JJGBA which would like to play and JJ3.

R3ptile
Sep 19, 2004, 10:00 AM
That Jazz Jackrabbit 3 version was a private beta. Most of the people here got it, though ^^.

Hazel-rah
Sep 19, 2004, 10:00 AM
I don't understand why the JJ3 Demo would be considered illegal to have... it's not like they're losing money because of it... if anything... they would be gaining more support if more people had it...

Iam Canadian
Sep 19, 2004, 10:25 AM
It's just illegal. I disagree with it being so, since it's basically a victimless crime and Jazz could potentially gain MORE publicity with it being widespread and legal, but regardless, it's illegal. I'm sure Trafton or Unknown Rabbit will show up soon and explain why it's illegal soon. (In great detail)

Trafton
Sep 19, 2004, 10:40 AM
I'm not going to bother with great detail, but just say that the demo was originally intended to be limited distribution. It contains text that says it is illegal to distribute it; thus, distributed versions of it are illegal. Whether it is moral or not is a personal issue.

Hazel-rah
Sep 19, 2004, 10:42 AM
I think it was illegal to distribute at the time it was released because it was considered "In Production"... but now... every year that goes by... even if they were to start production on JJ3 again.. they would have to start over with newer technology anyway... how old is the demo?

Trafton
Sep 19, 2004, 10:49 AM
I think it was illegal to distribute at the time it was released because it was considered "In Production"... but now... every year that goes by... even if they were to start production on JJ3 again.. they would have to start over with newer technology anyway... how old is the demo?
That's a valid point, but in the eyes of the law, it doesn't matter. Again, it's an issue of morality. Obviously, the chances of anyone being prosecuted is slim.

Tubz
Sep 19, 2004, 11:47 AM
Just JJ-GBA JJ: Christmas Chronicles, and JJ3 Demo. I got JJ2-TSF, JJ2 Beta off some warez site. And I own the rest of those games.

FQuist
Sep 19, 2004, 02:37 PM
No-one seems to remember this, but the spreading of the demo is illegal for a simple reason. It contains the Unreal engine, which wasn't paid for. Unless the license to use the Unreal engine is bought by the developers it's an infringement of the creator's (Epic) rights when it's spread. Thus, it's illegal - for 100%, to release it. It's basically developers only but some people decided to get the creators into possible trouble and lawsuits by spreading it. A nice way of thanking them for spending years on developing the game, without any pay. Good job :/.

Tubz
Sep 19, 2004, 02:42 PM
^^^

Wow, you're making us look like the total enemy. And it is really sort of half and half.

Blackraptor
Sep 19, 2004, 04:42 PM
I wouldnt sell my soul for any of them, because I have jj1, jj2 and TSF (nonworking though), jjgba (not a legal copy, though), hh 94 and 95. I dont care enough about the rest because I have way better games.

Hazel-rah
Sep 19, 2004, 05:08 PM
ok... I was just kidding about selling your soul... obviously no one would sell their soul for a game...

Monolith
Sep 19, 2004, 06:53 PM
All I really care for is JJ2 and TSF, and that's what I have.

And Frank is right (of course).

Tik
Sep 19, 2004, 07:03 PM
I don't have the jj2 christmas off-shoots or jjgba. If deleting my copy of the jj3 demo meant that production on the game could recommence, I'd delete it in a second. But I highly doubt it will ever be of consequence.

Violet CLM
Sep 19, 2004, 08:25 PM
I don't have CC99 (useless), JJ3 (illegal), or JJA, which I really really want and am addicted to despite not owning. :( The game looks so incredible. I am so envious.

And those of you who don't have HH94 or HH95 are weird.

Hazel-rah
Sep 19, 2004, 08:32 PM
Holiday Hare is on JJ:CD... so that's how I have it... HH95... don't know if I want it... HH94 was enough snow for me 8D

Tmansdc
Sep 19, 2004, 08:53 PM
No-one seems to remember this, but the spreading of the demo is illegal for a simple reason. It contains the Unreal engine, which wasn't paid for. Unless the license to use the Unreal engine is bought by the developers it's an infringement of the creator's (Epic) rights when it's spread. Thus, it's illegal - for 100%, to release it. It's basically developers only but some people decided to get the creators into possible trouble and lawsuits by spreading it. A nice way of thanking them for spending years on developing the game, without any pay. Good job :/.

yeah. I guess we could get it, but wouldn't it cost like $100,000 or something just to play it? But then, we'd own the rights to distribute it and make it more popular.

Tmansdc
Sep 19, 2004, 08:55 PM
All I really care for is JJ2 and TSF, and that's what I have.

And Frank is right (of course).

ah come on man. show some love for Jazz Jackrabbit 1. :)

Chiyu
Sep 19, 2004, 10:58 PM
I have JJ2, JJ2 TSF and JJ3. I wouldn't sell my soul for the others P_P

LittleFreak
Sep 20, 2004, 03:03 AM
I have JJ2 and TSF and would really like to see all the others but I simply can't buy JJ1 anywhere (+ I don't know how to install the demo), JJ3 is illegal (+ I don't know where to get it) and I don't have a gameboy advance what makes JJGBA useless for me.

Doubble Dutch
Sep 20, 2004, 05:32 AM
ok... I was just kidding about selling your soul... obviously no one would sell their soul for a game...

I did. Seriously.

ah come on man. show some love for Jazz Jackrabbit 1.

The start of a legend.

And now, wherez. You can get holiday hare 95 from here: http://www.freegame.cz/in.php?action=download&id=313

And Holiday Hare 94 here: http://jpb789.my100megs.com/jazz.html

And Holiday hare 98 here: [removed gray area possible warez link -FQuist]

Stijn
Sep 20, 2004, 06:24 AM
I have JJ1 (except HH94/5), JJ2 (all except for HH98), JJA and JJ3. So basically I just miss the Holiday Hare editions.

Tmansdc
Sep 20, 2004, 08:17 AM
I did. Seriously.

The start of a legend.

And now, wherez. You can get holiday hare 95 from here: http://www.freegame.cz/in.php?action=download&id=313

And Holiday hare 98 here: [quotation edit, removed gray area possible warez link -FQuist][/url]

Um. Holiday Hare 95 and 94 are not warez. they are legal downloads.

GET RID OF THE 98 LINK THOUGH DUDE! THAT IS WAREZ!

Tmansdc
Sep 20, 2004, 08:18 AM
I actually prefer Jazz Jackrabbit 1's single player over 2's (well, at least the default levels/holiday hare/expansion levels.)

Hazel-rah
Sep 20, 2004, 09:04 AM
And Holiday hare 98 here: [previous quotation edit -FQuist]

Link doesn't work... sure you got it right?

Lem_Gambino
Sep 20, 2004, 09:14 AM
I'd love to have HH94-95, and JJ1CD-ROM. ^_^

Is there a cheat that stops the clock in JJ1?

LittleFreak
Sep 20, 2004, 10:30 AM
I'd love to have HH94-95, and JJ1CD-ROM. ^_^

I don't have JJ1 anymore, but as far as I remember the clock dissapears if you play in Easy Mode. 8D

Tubz
Sep 20, 2004, 11:38 AM
I did. Seriously.

The start of a legend.

And Holiday hare 98 here: [removed gray area possible warez link -FQuist]

Like the Million Dollar Man's theme song. It's all about the Money. Money, money, money, money, moneeeeeeyyyyyyy.

Too much money to spend for too much useless stuff, I guess I was utterly bored or obssessed when I decided to buy HH98.

JJGBA is useless to buy. Because It's expensive. And the only thing that I think GBA is good for is selling and selling games. You get more money for GBA games than you can get for PS2-XBOX-Gamecube games. And I should know. I could only sell a game like Soul Calibur 2 for $5. But I was able to sell Pokémon Ruby for $13 and that is especially strange because there is a new Pokémon game out already for the GBA. Usually you get less for old games in a series when a new game in a series is coming out or is out.

Doubble Dutch
Sep 21, 2004, 05:44 AM
I don't have JJ1 anymore, but as far as I remember the clock dissapears if you play in Easy Mode.

Get thee to a shareware download! In hard and turbo, you run out of time, you die. In medium and easy you don't. Turbo gives you 3min, Hard 5, Med 7 and Easy 10.

No, however, what you want is this nifty little program, which allows you to stop the clock, become invincible, have infinite ammo and much more: http://www.freewebs.com/levellord_keen/R2JRXTRN.zip [My brother was on the origional BB.]

Lem_Gambino
Sep 21, 2004, 07:37 AM
NICE. I have the shareware on the Aztech 150 Games CD.

Um...how do I run this program you gave me? I've unzipped it, now what?

Doubble Dutch
Sep 22, 2004, 03:26 AM
Put it in your Jazz 1 dir Run it. Your computer should run .COM files. Then pressing F1 will allow you to change the options. Exit. Then just run Jazz.exe and the trainer will take care of the rest.

Lem_Gambino
Sep 22, 2004, 08:11 AM
Thanks. Now the only problem is how to fix that accured sound card problem...

Doubble Dutch
Sep 23, 2004, 04:15 AM
Dosbox. Or VDMSound

FoxBlitzz
Sep 23, 2004, 12:17 PM
I use VDMSound on JJ1, and the sound works very nicely, but it makes the sprites and scrolling more jumpy and flicker-y.