PDA

View Full Version : Q about internet game...

BattleSpaz
Sep 24, 2004, 10:47 PM
It would be cool if you just add there where is the Games in progress, game creators (and games) IP adress so people (like me) would join to that game without messing with Server list patch in Register!!!

cooba
Sep 25, 2004, 12:07 AM
To make patch working load it on your C: and you're done. No need to messing there ;p

IP numbers won't be given out because of possibility of hacking, me thinks.

R3ptile
Sep 25, 2004, 12:40 AM
To make patch working load it on your C: and you're done. No need to messing there ;p

IP numbers won't be given out because of possibility of hacking, me thinks.
212.179.91.62 - my IP
Hack me now. 8D

BattleSpaz
Sep 25, 2004, 03:23 AM
lol i wont hack computers... but there is some warning about that i must take registry backup. why??

cooba
Sep 25, 2004, 03:57 AM
Don't make backup and you're fine.

BattleSpaz
Sep 26, 2004, 01:30 AM
tell me what the patch CAN do to my computer and will it be only like on 1% of computers?

Tubz
Sep 26, 2004, 12:55 PM
The listserver patch has never been proven to fail, therefore, It's safe to download it, and install it, to correctly configure your odl JJ2 servers in Regedit to show JJ2 list servers. Basically It's a patch to do what you would used to have to manually.

Trafton
Sep 26, 2004, 01:16 PM
The "backup your registry" thing is sort of like how plastic bag makers put "this bag is not a toy" on their plastic bags. Obviously, no one thinks it is a toy, but they have to cover themselves in case something really rare occurs.

I have patched many systems and helped many, many people patch their systems. I have NEVER had a problem, nor have I ever heard about someone having a problem. It's simply something said just in case.

Nimrod
Sep 26, 2004, 04:14 PM
I put the "make backup" and the "at your own risk" bits in the readme, so if the slight chance (which hasnt happened yet) your pc buggers up, you dont have a leg to stand on inregards to blaiming me :P

!Tman!
Sep 28, 2004, 08:58 AM
Just make it work....