PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Fooville

Black Ninja
Oct 23, 2004, 01:01 PM
Yes, you read correctly. Fooville, the automated hotel level for JJ2 created by the Foo Products team, is very close to a major comeback. For anyone who is not familiar with Fooville, here is a quick overview.

Fooville is the first (and only) automated JJ2 hotel level. This means that things like buying stuff from the ingame store requires no "store clerk". You don't have to wait around to buy something - if you want it, you go buy it and the game alerts the host of your purchase(s). It also has the main features of many other popular hotels, such as a hospital, an auction hall, and a few small minigames to gather money. If you don't like hotels, you should still give Fooville a chance. Why? Because, simply put, it is better than any of the other hotels currently out there.

While no specific date has been set for the next hosting (Fooville day 26), it is safe to assume that it will take place before the end of November.

I do have one small request: If you plan on playing Fooville, PLEASE download the tileset/music online first at http://www.fooproducts.com/Fooville.zip. Fooville games have been heavily attended in the past, and download lag can be painful at times.

Now, go pester Spotty even though it isn't at all his responsibility to work on the level.

If you feel like talking about some Fooville related thing that you for some reason feel doesn't fit here, go to the Fooville forum at http://fooproducts.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=6.

Iam Canadian
Oct 23, 2004, 01:20 PM
Coo'. I wasn't involved the last time Fooville was around, but maybe I will be this time.
I like the idea of an automated hotel system. Must have taken some fancy trigger manipulating to do that, right?

Black Ninja
Oct 23, 2004, 07:31 PM
The only good answer I can give to that question is "kind of". While about 823,159,476 triggers are used in the level, they aren't what makes it automated. It's all controlled by a brilliant program made by Overlord, then edited (a bit) by me. Thank Violet for taking the time to set the program up, which is a very involved process.

Risp_old
Oct 24, 2004, 05:28 AM
This makes me sad I have an uncurable case of the connection time outs D=