PDA

View Full Version : Why dont we make Jazz Jackrabbit3?!

roseta
Jul 7, 2001, 03:54 PM
I dont understand all that stuff about publishers and so on.

Why not one of us get a licince to be a publisher?

Any of you know c++ or something like that?

REMEMBER...

THE BONUS STAGES of JJ1 WERE 3D!!! IT JUST WOULD BE BEST IF JJ3 COULD BE COMPLETLY 3D!!!

YOU CAN VISIT MY NEW SITE...

Mabye not so GREAT mabye but here it is:

http://www.jazz3jackrabbithome.cjb.net

Bobby aka Dizzy
Jul 7, 2001, 07:18 PM
I dont understand all that stuff about publishers and so on.

Why not one of us get a licince to be a publisher?

Any of you know c++ or something like that?

REMEMBER...

THE BONUS STAGES of JJ1 WERE 3D!!! IT JUST WOULD BE BEST IF JJ3 COULD BE COMPLETLY 3D!!!

Who are we? We don't run a game publishing company?

We can't program a JJ3, no one here is a good enough programmer. It also takes an engine, a few hundred thousand for the Unreal like Noogy was using. We don't own the rights to characters and no one has the time. Making a game generally takes years of work. No one here is a real artist/animator either. JJ3 for us is impractical.

Kaz
Jul 8, 2001, 12:50 AM
<STRIKE> Let's use the engine they used in Excel 97!

roseta
Jul 8, 2001, 07:40 AM
Get Permission from Epic!

I would be willing to spend a few million on JJ3!!

Even though...I dont have that much money yet...

Just keep <u>PERSISSTING</u> To epic about it!

How many Jazzers dont care about jj3?

NOT MANY!!

I cant belive that so many jazzers want jj3, yet they are not making it....

Bobby aka Dizzy
Jul 8, 2001, 06:20 PM
A couple hundred Jazzers? To a game company that is nothing.

Stijn
Jul 9, 2001, 12:41 AM
We should spam and flame that Epic ppl http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ShanD
Jul 11, 2001, 09:15 AM
To the free E-Mail Accounts!!! http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fquist_old
Jul 11, 2001, 02:26 PM
Epic agreed. God games did not.

Hellraiser
Jul 11, 2001, 07:51 PM
God Games Sucks......... (and don't give me that problems with JJ2 crap, it was their own fault for not marketing it right) Why didn't Epic ever get a different North American publisher? there's thousands out there......... Someone just wasn't thinking.

Now this next part might sound stupid..

but how about if ALL of us, every single Jazzer, email epic asking them to consider reviving the project. It may not do much, but it's worth a shot.

Monolith
Jul 12, 2001, 09:04 AM
It probably won't help much asking Epic to revive it since it was World Tree that was creating it. Although, if Epic decides they want the game, I'm sure they can get someone to work on it. Unfortunatly most of the original team is now un-interersted in JJ3.

Hellraiser
Jul 12, 2001, 05:31 PM
Ah, but 2 of the most important team members still want it, Noogy didn't want JJ3 to flop, and still probobly wants it, and I've heard some rumours that Arjan might be once again interested.

Cesar
Jul 12, 2001, 08:06 PM
I hope Arjan reconsiders the thought to start JJ3D project.

Red-Hot-Rabbit
Jul 19, 2001, 07:01 AM
**** God Games.... spam epic!!!!!

Tha Psycho
Jul 19, 2001, 07:46 AM
Will 3d make the game more fun?

a question to think about

KRSplat
Jul 21, 2001, 09:13 AM
Yes.

roseta
Jul 25, 2001, 02:25 PM
YES!!!!!

Michael
Jul 28, 2001, 02:48 AM
It's realy annoying me how all you newbies + Roseta are posting these pointless hopeless crying topics. If you want to know just look at one of the old annoying topics instead of posting another topic that makes me think theres some news or good news about JJ3 in it's forum.

Tha Psycho
Jul 28, 2001, 03:13 AM
I ain't no newbie, Nitro

BTW: why are you replying?

Rumbo Rabbit
Jul 28, 2001, 11:34 AM
Jazz Jackrabbit 3 should be 2D. Why? Because Jazz 1 and Jazz 2 were popular because of their 2D gaming and how they adapted the normal 2D gaming to make the games they did with them. Jazz 2 was brilliant and by making the next one 3d would ruin it. Does anyone agree with me?

Rumbo

SlaYer
Jul 28, 2001, 04:32 PM
He probably wasnt talking to everyone that replied. and as an answer to your question.

He was probably beeing anoying, its good to see that people still have hope in jazz nitro, actually i do agree.

But still making it 3d might make it popular with a bigger audience and thats probably what gamecreators want (not just probably, its exactly what they want

URNinjaSK
Sep 1, 2001, 04:07 AM
*rolls eyes*

yeah someone started this topic again

you have been the 4302415th person

to make this topic congratulations

and when you said WE

(noun) you meant YOU(Plural noun)

BECAUSE ya dont even know what your saying

(statement)

We cant make it if JJ3 ever coems out

Ill turn in my blaster

MaGoo
Sep 1, 2001, 05:51 AM
Godgames never agreed to this for one simple reason. THERE WOULDN'T BE A PROFIT!!! THEY WOULD LOSE TONS OF MONEY!! And frankly, they have better things to do than worry about something that will never be.

Alberto
Sep 1, 2001, 11:01 AM
First of all Roseta, we can't make the game cause we need to buy the rights of the game, the char, the engine, and we need programmers, JJ3 uses Unreal Engine, as it says that when u start the game.

And the game got cancelled cause GOD didn't like it cause Jazz2 was the game were they lost money, so they don't want to give another chance.

Also it wasn't Epic who made the game, World Tree Games did, Epic only had the engine, Unreal engine.

Derby
Sep 1, 2001, 11:05 AM
In any case, the Gathering of Developers has gone PooF, so there's one less publisher that would be willing to do it.

Alberto
Sep 2, 2001, 11:55 AM
Project 3 Int.

But they came too late.

Wild Angel
Sep 5, 2001, 10:16 PM
1. Programming isn't as easy as it looks, it's not just a few codes, and ta-da, the program works

2. Graphics take time and money. You need several programs to make one character look so real, specially in a 3D game. Look at Final Fantasy for example. Each character probably took atleast a year to design, create, fill in, animate, ect...

3. Sorry to bum ya on this one, but we have absolutely not enough money to do anything. Three hundred and nintey jazzers is nothing to a company like God Games, Epic, Project 3...they have Unreal

Publishing takes lots of money, and then you have advertising, and that takes ALOT of money to do it world wide or just in one country.

FireSworD
Sep 6, 2001, 04:21 PM
You need 2d paint program,3d modeler and sound programs.

good ones aren't cheap but if your willing to spend a few thousand dollars (like me) then i would recomend

going with theese: Jasc Paint Shop for textures Caligari's trueSpace

for the 3d models and Sonic foundrys Sound Forge for sound

and Acid Pro for music. and of course you will need an engine

they can cost hundreds of tousands of dollars! i think it's more

worth it to make your own (which will take up hours and hours of time).

i'm planning on making my own game (Rebounce!) using the same

products and i will need some help in time.

Alberto
Sep 7, 2001, 04:21 AM
Unreal Engine was used with Jazz3 Demo

Wild Angel
Sep 10, 2001, 05:59 PM
But is it possible to make the whole entire game using the Unreal engine? Yes, it is, but it is very time consuming and cost worthy.

Alberto
Sep 11, 2001, 03:31 AM
Yeah, but we must buy the Unreal Engine's License, and make the game, but first, who has the money to buy it, who of us have the enough skills to code it. (I was yesterday at Unreal's Mod Development page)

And I love Unreal Engine to 3D games, it works good in almost every computer.

But the net code is..... (shuts up)

thumper
Sep 12, 2001, 07:16 AM
why do you keep talking about jazz 3, its gone, its not coming back, face it, unless you are a millionaire, forget it, but if you are a millionaire tell me i am kinda broke

i have talked to people from epic. there is no chance, so just shut up and find a new topic.

Txl Kill
Sep 24, 2001, 02:03 PM
Thats the thing tho we can make it come back! PhW Me and a couple of people i know could make a mod on the halflife engine for a start

Xtreem
Nov 2, 2001, 09:58 PM
Jazz 3D is very good grapics and uses a well know engine and its fun to play.
I think loads of ppl would buy it.

Xeno_old
Nov 5, 2001, 09:33 AM
If ya wanna use the Unreal engine so much, make a mod with the weapons/characters/etc. of JJ2/JJ1. Then all you need to play it is Unreal. I have mentioned about making an Unreal Tournament mod for JJ2 a long time ago, but everyone ignored me. I cannot, however, contribute to it since I don't have the tools to do so.

Txl Kill
Nov 5, 2001, 12:38 PM
I have the tools and im learning C++ as we speak! The game would have to be a TC (total conversion) or a Mod which you would need Unreal to play it! But i am willing to join or start a team working on the projects plus i know people who worked on diffrent mods before!

Tubz
Nov 5, 2001, 01:07 PM
Geez, Roseta do you really think it's that easy to make a game! And C++ is not what they use for games! Well anyway i'll never stop being evil and drown on this but because of the idiotically stupid moronic mother trucking dang gone it umptine amount of bugs in the game then this dang game would've not got 1 star in my Next Generation-USA: Player's Guide.

Txl Kill
Nov 5, 2001, 01:32 PM
C++ is what they use to make games like halflife and Unreal but your right just making a mod would take a long time maybe a month or 2 with no stop working and alot of experiance

ShadowGPW
Nov 5, 2001, 02:43 PM
Dreams, Dreams, Dreams, Dreams :\

Disguise
Nov 7, 2001, 06:56 AM
Heh, Shadow be wise man :)

Allow me to lighten you up on our sticky little situation here:

Jazz would fail at 3D, it's simple for any eyes to see. What was the story? A cute furry little bunny is rescuing his children?! If you had a choice between two games, no, wait, six games, just to get warmed up, here are the choices:

1) Some mean guy with big guns and madskillz destroying masses of aliens at every corner with blood and guts everywhere

2) Tactical Army squad with teams fighting against each other using realistic tactical plans

3) Fighting in arenas with thousands of other players to prove that you are the best of the best

4) Killing ****-spawned demons for as long as you like against some huge enemies of pure evil.

5) Different character types fighting against each other for domination of their own race

6) A CUTE LITTLE FURRY BUNNY RESCUING HIS CHILDREN?!?!

What would every sane person choose in todays life for games? Those choices are very real, and are 1000 times more advanced than the puny Unreal Engine Jazz 3 is going to use, that excludes the fact that the people workig on these games are the BEST IN THE WORLD! Lemme show you without the disguises:

1) Serious Sam 2
2) Counter-Strike
3) UT or Q3
4) Doom 3
5) AvP2
6) JJ3

All the above games will be out beofre Jazz 3 will be, they will be played 'til all the juice from their engines are run out and a new batch of even better games are out with better engines, only then will JJ3 be released with the original Unreal engine. Any person can see that this will e a pure massacre, and don't go with the 'little kids will play it' routine because even those kids play quake and half-life and, and, and...
Go ahead, look at the old JJ3 screenshots, and look at the 'just released' shots of the above mentioned games, Unreal 2 even.

I think with this being the case JJ3 stands a better chance as yet another 2D game rather than trying to compete with the 3D likes of those other games. I can bet you that if Jazz 2 was a 3D game you would not be playing it right now. Why go for something weak if you can get tons of better games that do the same thing?

Then again, by saying that, everybody hates platform games. I haven't met one person that enjoys a platform game.

Jazz 3 won't sell, and any publisher with half the amount of brains of a mentically handicapped person would know that. Why don't you stop posting stuff like this and appreciate Jazz 2 while you still can.

Ninja Dodo
Nov 10, 2001, 05:50 AM
Bobby, I'm an artist/animator (check out http://ninjadodo.xoasis.com/main.html) ...unfortunately I don't have time for another project.

I haven't met one person that enjoys a platform game.

Well, I enjoy platform games and I'm pretty sure the whole Jazz community still does but you're right JJ3 doens't stand a chance commercially.

It's a miracle Jazz2 was published at all. At the time 2D counted for nothing except in Diablo clones and RTS's.

GOD games isn't really the bad guy either. Give them credit for giving JJ2 a shot. They lost money on it so they didn't publish the sequel. In fact, GOD is one of the few publishers that actually has the habit of publishing original commercially risky things...
or should I say HAD. GOD has gone bankrupt for that very reason; that they had the guts to try out different stuff. This leaves us with Electronic Arts, Microsoft, Activision and a handfull of others.

Redboy
Nov 11, 2001, 11:39 PM
<font color=blue>Why don't we just sign a petition or show EPIC how many devoted Jazzers there are by showing them our forum?</font>

Derby
Nov 12, 2001, 02:41 PM
What would every sane person choose in todays life for games? Those choices are very real, and are 1000 times more advanced than the puny Unreal Engine Jazz 3 is going to use, that excludes the fact that the people workig on these games are the BEST IN THE WORLD [/B]

Are you referring to the engine extension Jazz 3 was going to use, or the actual Unreal Engine altogether? The Unreal Engine happens to be one of the most versatile and potentially powerful engines out there, in reality. Although, the remainder of your point does remain intact. ;-P

Phoneix
Nov 12, 2001, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Redboy
<font color=blue>Why don't we just sign a petition or show EPIC how many devoted Jazzers there are by showing them our forum?</font>

Okay, Let me ask this in reply to it.

Did we all re-sign up or was it all taken from the old JCF/JMMB and dumped here?

If Yes, then scratch your idea Red.
If No, then WHAT AN IDEA!

Disguise
Nov 13, 2001, 04:35 AM
True, the Unreal engine is one of the most advanced and versatile blah blah blah... but it's only the Unreal Engine.

A new unreal engine was made for Unreal 2 and an even improved one for Unreal Warfare, thus these engines will over-power the original Unreal Engine and would be the preferred choice for gamers everywhere. See my point?

Derby
Nov 13, 2001, 02:21 PM
The latter two games are essentially higher builds of the original engine. Of course, as time goes on, various engines may have easily passed what the Unreal Engine used to be, but the engine, at heart, is the same one. Of course, it is given that it will be far more powerful than before, but the new build comes off the original, and so, it is still the Unreal Engine.

By the time a game using an older build of the engine is released, it will be overlooked all too quickly. Then again, a game is a game, not that it would ever be made and fully released at all.

Phoneix
Nov 13, 2001, 03:26 PM
Why don't we make an RPG on Jazz, call it Jazz 3, we could get noogy to make the charas and the monsters and maybe have another person make the sounds and somebody to figure out how to convert mods and it's to midi...use the current jj3 soundtrack. It'd be cool, and a way to make it without ANY idea how to make a program, get (W).

It is pirated, but what you gonna do when it's only in Japanese and Russans, Germans, Americans, French, English, etc. want it? it's gotta be pirated. BTW, the real site of it is www.ascii.com (http://www.ascii.com)...I think...

RM2k is powerful, but in the right hands it is done extremely well. Check it out, and the total dl is about 16-17 megs. And that's not with the RTP expansion...

Derby: URL-reference removal. Make sure you don't post links to "warez" programs, sites, etc.

Hey, There's already a community full of people who have this program, even some people from the JJ2 community. Case and Point: KJAZZ. I have seen him there. although many think that pirated software is :r and each to his own. So we have illegal software, So What. You might have have something illegal on your computers, sometimes just a person's level that they don't want you to have, program somebody don't want you to have (Case and point Me Vs. Kaz...:r) etc.

So here ya go again... (W)

--Phoneix

Derby: URL removal. Make sure you don't post this again. Your point is invalid, as well, since it has a very large margin of error. This is a warning.

Disguise
Nov 14, 2001, 01:33 AM
Once again, I agree with Derby.

But even though we are talking about engines and such, it just takes us away from the main point.

Jazz isn't an RPG or a FPS or a Strategy etc. It's a platform game, and there is no chance that a platform game will make a good RPG blah blah blah. Why do you like Jazz anyways? Did you ever think of that? Why would you buy JJ3 instead of any other RPG/FPS/Third Person that is at an even higher quality than the game in every aspect. Think about it. If Jazz 2 was a FPS game, you wouldn't think twice before buying Unreal, Quake or Half-Life that are much better games. Jazz 2 was the only platform game on the pc, and a VERY good one, and that is why you bought the game (if not then the fact that you're not playing some other amazing game out at the moment scares me).

Platform games can be 3D, Sonic Adventure 2 is a great 3D platform game (if not the best). Crash Bandicoot is another one and the list goes on. Those games still sell loads of copies and are major contributors to their publishers and the gaming market. Of course Jazz 2 has a lot more action than those puzzle solving games, but times are changing, and soon you will see players getting bored of jumping from platform to platform killing the occasional enemy and want a bit more action. It is exactly for that reason that Serious Sam was made, and why ID is making Doom 3. Epic might just take that opportunity to re-introduce Jazz, but right now it's not likely.

In the mean time (like I said already), just play Jazz 2 while you can.

Phoneix
Nov 14, 2001, 02:07 PM
True, It's a Platform game, but there's one thing that made it decline from the shelves: STORY. If there can be a story in the RPG, and there can be caverns and boom, we may have a platform :)

It is possible, just alot of coding expertese can make this done. It hasn't been done, so somebody's gotta break the ice, even if it looks like :r.

Take a crack at it.

P.S. Derb, hate to go off-topic but, the site was not warez, it was just a translation and he made a site on it. It does have good stuff, and it does look pretty cool. Just take a look at it and see for yourself if it's (W).

Derby: URL removal. Re-read the JCF Terms of Agreement. You have made the same offense two times in a row; that is not a good thing.

Spaz Boy
Nov 20, 2001, 10:48 AM
Try and get Microsoft to publish it and I will come after you with a knife...er a huge giagantic BLASTER.

Back on subject:

Most of what has been said is very true.
Visit the 1.25 patch post and look at all the found bugs....that shows how lucky JJ2 was to get published in the first place.
WTG (World Tree Games) is a tiny company...therefore, they probably already have a new project and don't want to work on JJ3d anymore.

Eh...a millionare? *Lookz around at all his friends* Will they do?
But..no..seriously, I checked out their prices and all I can say is::O

Even so, copyrights are nasty things with purposes. The copyrights that Epic holds against us are Jazz and Spaz. Dean (Noggy) owns the rights to Lori, and I bet he would let us use her.

So, got some cash, a lot of programmers, (we have plenty of beta testers :p)? Then maybe you can talk.

START A PUBLISHER? What sort of a nut are you? (don't take that personally :))

You *do* realize what the publisher does, don't you?
They are the ones who manufacture and send out all those copies to all those stores. Plus, we would need multiple publishers (since our jazzers come from all over).

Why can't the demo be released? As someone said (Alberto I believe) it uses the UT Engine, so releasing it would mean to give out their UT Engine for free. =/

And, yea, G.O.D. games is dying/dead. With the new release of the Gamecube, XBox, and 2.x Ghz computers, JJ3d doesn't stand a chance.

Honey, what do you want for Christmas?
I want
1. PS2
2. Gamecube
3. XBox
4. Super computer
5. JJ3d

What do you think the people are going to say?
The only chance would be if you could get some super popular publisher who could basically advertise for us.

Take a game like Starcraft for example (my brother is playing it ;))
When you log on, there are like a trillion people everywhere. The number of games is endless, and incredibly laggy since so many people are on it.

Now compare:
When you log on, there are a couple of dedicated servers and possibly a non-idle server. There are a few - 40 people on.

See what I mean?

Also, Blizzard (SC's maker) advertised it a ton, and it is a "Teen" game, (actually rated 'Mature' for no real reason..), I mean, almost everyone has heard of Starcraft, but if you did a school-wide or even nation-wide or EVEN WORLD-WIDE survey of JJ2...the response is going to just be us.

Disguise
Nov 22, 2001, 01:43 AM
Welcome to reality...

Heh, Starcraft KICKS! :D

Spaz Boy
Nov 22, 2001, 10:17 AM
Starcraft sucks. My brother has been screwing my server up all morning with Starcraft.
Back on subject:

We don't stand a chance (not sure if I've already said this...) now that Gamecube and XBox :r (Microsoft still must die.) have been released. They are becoming very popular very fast. My parents are against platforms and I just saw a hidden Gamecube for Christmas yesterday. Our only hope would be one of these, however, Nintendo is interested in the best quality blah blah blah...so it would take too long. Microsoft is...well...Microsoft. As they call it "the most powerful piece of machinery" (The XBox that is), chances are they wouldn't want to use some engine so "puny" compared to their ultimate creation. (Could you hint the sarcasm in my voice?)

Plus, look at it this way, with only 1/2 a year until the release of the JJ2 source code, and JJ2 was made in 1998 (only 3 years ago), it doesn't make sense to publish the trequel to a game which "sold" for 3/4 years, then was released.

*sigh* Plus, if they were to make it, it would be entirely redone I bet. And as Disguise has been telling us (but seems as if nobody is listening) the storyline/age group of the game is simply childish compared to all the very violent and bloody games that our world is plagued with now.

Jazz3 would have been the ultimate game, if they had only said YES. They (meaning G.O.D. Games) died/is dying anyway, they could have wasted just a bit more on JJ3d for our sake.

Truth to truth, JJ3d will never be finished. I feel that eventually (actually pretty soon) the Unreal Engine will be outdated enough that they will (hopefully) release the demo publically.

I have visited Epic's site several times, and I don't see any updates. I think that Epic is either A. Dying or B. Working on some new top secret project.

~SB

ElectroPiZZa
Nov 22, 2001, 10:28 AM
Spaz Boy said:
<b>I have visited Epic's site several times, and I don't see any updates. I think that Epic is either A. Dying or B. Working on some new top secret project.</b>

B. Working on some new (not-so) top secret project.

Spaz Boy
Nov 22, 2001, 10:31 AM
I was hoping they were dying. :p