PDA

View Full Version : jazz 2 problem, need help please

Blacklace
Nov 6, 2004, 01:36 PM
hey, i am new to jazz 2 online play even tho i have had the game since 1998, i was wondering if ne1 could help me????

i wanted to play online but when i try 2 join a game i get an error about "unable to connect to the server list" or something...

i was wondering what i should do to fix this, cuz i used to play this game online with my friends megan and stephanie and i really miss it!!!

i found this website from searching, and people here seem very helpful :) thanks

VelKa
Nov 6, 2004, 01:41 PM
Hello and welcome to the community. :)

You may wish to consult this link first:
http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/node.php?title=multiplayerFaq

It seems as though you need to download the latest patches and utilities, which are all available on J2O.
http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/node.php?title=partyModeDownloads

- Everett

Nimrod
Nov 6, 2004, 03:05 PM
Also I'd recommend checking out the url:
http://www.nimrodnet.co.uk/listservers/

and applying those patches.

Welcome to JJ2. :)

Tover
Nov 7, 2004, 08:10 AM
I've got a problem in jcs and jj2. I maked a level in jcs (I wanted tu upload here, but i'm cannot make it). I'm click to 'file - save and run' an testing the level. When I tutch point 49;50 then jj2 will be stop width Access Read Error - adress, and write lot of hex-adress. If I click 'End Tack' Tis window open again. When I hold tile or set event for this point, the jcs is shout down... What can I do? I'm deletted this level. What is the problem?

Lark
Nov 7, 2004, 08:12 AM
What event is placed in that area you were talking about? Some events may cause errors if used incorrectly.

Tover
Nov 7, 2004, 08:30 AM
What event is placed in that area you were talking about? Some events may cause errors if used incorrectly.

None event on that place. And what end bosses and bad guys theese:
Rocket Turtle (end boss); Tube Turtle (enemy); Normal Robot (robot boss) (end boss); butterfly (enemy)? (These are in 1.25 :lol: where I can download the patch? :lol: It's a joke.)

Lark
Nov 7, 2004, 09:11 AM
Rocket turtle is an endboss that I don't quite understand how to use.
Tube Turtle is just a normal badguy. They're used in the level, "Marinated Rabbit."
Normal Robot is the boss of the Labrat levels. You'll need to put in a Devan (Robot boss) event for it to work, I think.
Butterfly is an enemy that Epic never finished.

cooba
Nov 7, 2004, 09:39 AM
I've got a problem in JCS and JJ2. I made a level in JCS (I wanted to upload here, but I cannot make it). I click to 'File - Save and Run' an testing the level. When I touch point 49, 50 then JJ2 stops with Access Violation - adress, and writes lot of hex-adress. If I click 'End Task, that window opens again. When I hold tile or set event for this point, JCS shuts down... What can I do? I deleted that level. What is the problem?...yeah.

Access Violations happen when you put an event from "Triggers and Scenery" on flipped animation, when you put in Jazz Boss without Echo event nearby, and for some reasons I don't know of. Anyway, from what it seems, JCS plain didn't like the level and decided to crash it apart. ;(

Tubz
Nov 7, 2004, 10:16 AM
Rocket turtle is an endboss that I don't quite understand how to use.
Tube Turtle is just a normal badguy. They're used in the level, "Marinated Rabbit."
Normal Robot is the boss of the Labrat levels. You'll need to put in a Devan (Robot boss) event for it to work, I think.
Butterfly is an enemy that Epic never finished.

Rocket Turtle is fairly easily to explain and hard to use. When you attack him, the boss energy bar appears. The only way you can control this hyperspeed moving fool, is to put loads of the event: "Area ID' down, put them in different areas, and he will follow it like a connect the dot, he will for a few moments at each Area Id spot.