PDA

View Full Version : Jazz1 menus?

Uniacke1
Nov 18, 2004, 02:33 PM
Hi everyone,
I am just curious about the Jazz 1 menu-
I noticed there are two menu screens, one is the standard one, the
other has the falling snow and the jazz with the red xmas hat.
My jazz 1 HH games had these screens in the summer, while jazz1 had a normal screen. However, now, my jazz 1 has the snow screen too. Is this because of the time of year, does it check the date, or is there some fluke?
I know when first installing Jazz1 then these screens did not appear.
Why? It's pretty neat if it does show the screen depending on the date.
Thanks!

Hazel-rah
Nov 18, 2004, 02:58 PM
LOL

I was wondering the same thing!

My JJ1 suddenly had snow falling and Jazz in a santa suit.

I was trying to search through the options to turn that off but there isn't any.

The snow made it hard to take screenshots :(

Violet CLM
Nov 18, 2004, 03:10 PM
It's just an easter egg telling you that it's the holiday season. If you want to remove the snow for some odd reason, change the date.

JelZe GoldRabbit
Nov 18, 2004, 03:10 PM
Yes, the snow is a seasonal thing. The fact is if a version of Jazz 1 has one of the Xmas episodes (Holiday Hare or Holiday Hare 95), it checks the date set on the PC. I believe the Xmas menu is triggered when the date is set on November/December, but I'm not really sure. The only solution would be to change the date...

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3

Tubz
Nov 18, 2004, 03:51 PM
Lol, that's cool, I never knew that. So this date thing occurs on the JazzCD version of Jazz1?

JelZe GoldRabbit
Nov 18, 2004, 04:24 PM
Like I said before, any version that has a Xmas Episode:

- HH94 or HH95 standalone shareware
- Jazz Cd + HH94 combo

The rest of the versions (orginal 8-episode Jazz or Jazz CD), don't have the Xmas menu.

Tubz
Nov 18, 2004, 04:31 PM
Pfft, they should have added HH95 to JazzCD. I always wondered why they did not do that.

JelZe GoldRabbit
Nov 18, 2004, 04:44 PM
HH94 and HH95 both have the same menu with all 9 episodes and the bonus levels, plus an X episode. And that's where the problem is: both use the same slot in the menu: the X slot.

Besides, HH94 was mainly created to promote the new Jazz CD. When HH95 came around, a new CD version was made: with HH94 added. They had a new promotional Xmas episode, so the old one was added to the CD version for more value. Quite simple, really.

Tubz
Nov 19, 2004, 07:59 AM
Err, stop saying quite simple really. That's annoying.

Anubis
Nov 19, 2004, 10:32 AM
Let's have fun with the snowy menu. I don't have any HH episodes, so no snow for me. :p

ThunderPX
Nov 19, 2004, 11:36 AM
This reminds me of the easter eggs in Raptor: Call of the Shadows. If your PC date is the birthday of one of the team members, you hear that person do an impersonation of a monkey when you exit the game. You also hear the team members sing the Apogee tune instead of your midi synthesizer. And you have monkeys and cows in-game.

Uniacke1
Nov 19, 2004, 01:54 PM
That's cool
Anyone know if there are any eggs in jj2?
not cheats, but eggs.

JelZe GoldRabbit
Nov 19, 2004, 02:12 PM
There are a couple more eggs in JJ1. But they all involve cheats, but one I can mention: When you finish an episode with a cheat, before the ending animation you get a screen with Jazz and a turtle playing poker, with Eva as a Diva, all Wild west style. Jazz won the game and shows his cards, but the turtle draws a gun and says he cheats. :P

And JJ2 doesn't have eggs as far as I know.

Tubz
Nov 19, 2004, 05:50 PM
The easter tileset is full of easter eggs, hahaha, I know that's not what you meant, but I couldn't help pointing that out.

BossJazz
Nov 22, 2004, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone,
I am just curious about the Jazz 1 menu-
I noticed there are two menu screens, one is the standard one, the
other has the falling snow and the jazz with the red xmas hat.
My jazz 1 HH games had these screens in the summer, while jazz1 had a normal screen. However, now, my jazz 1 has the snow screen too. Is this because of the time of year, does it check the date, or is there some fluke?
I know when first installing Jazz1 then these screens did not appear.
Why? It's pretty neat if it does show the screen depending on the date.
Thanks!

How did you get HH to have the snowy screen in the SUMMER?

Hazel-rah
Nov 22, 2004, 11:02 AM
lol... I didn't even think about that....

For the Australians JJ1 snows in the summer. :P

Uniacke1
Nov 22, 2004, 01:34 PM
Beats me, must be the average cold canadian summer :lol :P

BossJazz
Nov 22, 2004, 04:53 PM
Beats me, must be the average cold canadian summer :lol :P

Where did you get your HHs from? I want to see if they are hacked to ALWAYS have the snowy screen!

ThunderPX
Nov 23, 2004, 12:45 AM
Ever thought of changing your PC date? :P

JelZe GoldRabbit
Nov 23, 2004, 02:24 AM
It may be just be me, but I think that (early versions of) HH94 shareware edition always has that Xmas screen no matter the date, simply because it was a Xmas episode (the same reason HH98 and CC have the Xmas menu all the time). But like I said, could be me.

[edit] Woops, turns out I'm wrong. I downloaded HH94 from Haze's Hideout and changed the date to May: no Xmas menu. :(

Violet CLM
Nov 23, 2004, 11:50 AM
HH98 doesn't have a snowy menu that I've seen...

White Rabbit
Nov 23, 2004, 12:02 PM
If HH98 is Christmas Chronicles then HH98 should have a snowy screen (Aiko posted a JJ2 main screen full of snow, green background and German text a long time ago - the bi yellow JJ2 logo had a kind of a Christmas plant on it too... it could be mistletoe). It looked l33t. I wish I had Christmas Chronicles. :(