PDA

View Full Version : Original level contest.

DarkSonic
Nov 23, 2004, 05:49 AM
Ok, my contest starts today... you have 3 weeks to make an original level. If your level is very bad, but REALLY original, it doesn't matter. But if a level is better than the one that is very original and the better level is also original, I'd vote on it if there were 2 levels. So that means that your level at least has to be a bit good. Your level can be any gametype, and it can be both 1.23 or 1.24(although I prefer 1.23) You don't have to rate a level that's in the contest. When I got all entries(that's in 3 weeks, at maximum), I will place a poll where you can vote on your favourite level(I will give more information about it when it's almost there) You have to use a tileset you haven't made by yourself(I don't think there are people entering who want to use their own tileset)
When done, send to DarkSonic1990@hotmail.com (if I don't have the tileset, send that too).
Ok, that's it. So GL HF creating levels.
(Btw, I'll enter too, because I am not the judge for this contest. But when the poll is there, of course, you can't vote on your own level! ;D
-DarkSonic

Ðx
Nov 23, 2004, 05:58 AM
Time to make a level

[ I am in ]

Violet CLM
Nov 23, 2004, 11:52 AM
This contest confuses me. You made a poll to see what sort of contest should be held, despite already knowing what sort of contest you wanted to host. Once you actually start the contest, you say that you will be leaving the judging to everyone else, and you'll be entering the contest. Is anyone in charge of this? Are you at all associated with it?

Nielsje
Nov 23, 2004, 11:54 AM
I'm in

DarkSonic
Nov 23, 2004, 12:26 PM
This contest confuses me. You made a poll to see what sort of contest should be held, despite already knowing what sort of contest you wanted to host. Once you actually start the contest, you say that you will be leaving the judging to everyone else, and you'll be entering the contest. Is anyone in charge of this? Are you at all associated with it?
I mean, I made a poll to see what the goal is of this contest. I don't judge myself. When I have all entries, I will make a poll. You can vote on your favourite level then... but of course you'll need all entries. I will do something so other people can see the entries too... but that's in 3 weeks... so, you have 3 weeks to make a level.

Sacrush
Nov 24, 2004, 07:44 AM
I enter (BTW I never finished a level in time at all contest I perticipated).

Olsen
Nov 24, 2004, 09:43 AM
i may enter, but im out of ideas at the moment.

Nielsje
Nov 28, 2004, 02:23 AM
I'm making an Assault level, with a storyline actually. Behold.

DarkSonic
Nov 30, 2004, 08:44 AM
Ok, gl with your level Chip! Same to other ppl that create a level, and don't forget, 2 weeks left!

Ðx
Nov 30, 2004, 09:14 PM
Here is my level: http://www.freewebs.com/dxjj2/Contestlvldx1.zip

Blaze The Movie Fan
Dec 1, 2004, 11:56 PM
I probably won't be in.

Olsen
Dec 3, 2004, 02:29 AM
I probably won't be in.

Why do we wanna know if you won´t be in.
We only wanna know if you will be in.

Blaze The Movie Fan
Dec 3, 2004, 02:46 AM
Why do we wanna know if you won´t be in.
We only wanna know if you will be in.

Because I said in a post "I'm in" which got removed, I was changing my mind!

Ðx
Dec 3, 2004, 02:49 AM
Good i am sik of pokemon ;p

DarkSonic
Dec 3, 2004, 04:20 AM
Ok. These people are entering for sure:
Ðx
Satan
Snooze
DarkSonic
ChippieBW
Cooba
And I don't know about others.

cooba
Dec 3, 2004, 05:01 AM
Good. I am sick of Pokemon. ;p

DS, count me in.

DarkSonic
Dec 9, 2004, 04:56 AM
There are 5 days left. Using your own tileset is allowed now, sorry for the late edit. I hope there aren't other people that wanted to use their own tileset. CraccoBoy made a level with his own tileset. That's why it's rather mean to let him make another level. So I accepted it. I already have the entries of Ðx, CraccoBoy and myself. ;P. Some other people I expect an entry from:
Snooze
Ragnarok
Alex
Satan
ChippieBW
Cooba
and maybe some ppl are surprising me.
I got these judges:
SuperJazz, and if ChippieBW doesn't make it to finish his level, he will judge too.
That's it for now. And don't forget to finish your levels.

White Rabbit
Dec 9, 2004, 01:19 PM
Ooooooh. Can I judge? :D I hope it's not too late.

DarkSonic
Dec 10, 2004, 04:25 AM
WR, you can be a judge =D

Sacrush
Dec 13, 2004, 06:07 AM
My level is finished and will be uploaded today under the name ''wondelfull waterfalls''. :H

DarkSonic
Dec 13, 2004, 06:37 AM
Tomorrow is the deadline. Send your entries to me if you didn't already, and I will send it to the judges. You can finish your entries today and tomorrow, but be sure you send it to me.