PDA

View Full Version : Uh... I need help A.S.A.P The Hurt event won't work

Hellraiser
Jul 10, 2001, 04:16 PM
I'm trying to make a level pack, (I don't want to give out too much info...), But for some reason, if I make a pit in my levels, the hurt event doesn't work. Jazz just falls through the hurt event without getting hurt, and hits the warp underneath. Why won't it work, and Is it possible to fix it? Please help me As soon as possible!

JelZe GoldRabbit
Jul 10, 2001, 04:37 PM
Hurt events only work with masked tiles. Actually, it's logical: in order to be hurt, you must touch something, you can't be hurt by air http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif And it only works on the ground, not on the ceiling. No solutions found yet...

Hellraiser
Jul 10, 2001, 05:04 PM
Well, ok then. Thanks for telling me Jelze. I'll see what I can do about this then.

Talec
Jul 10, 2001, 06:31 PM
You could try regenerating Butterflies. (regenerating 'cause you can destroy them)

~Talec LP

EvilMike
Jul 10, 2001, 08:49 PM
You should use the "bees" enimy instead. Those can't be killed.

Violet CLM
Jul 11, 2001, 01:07 PM
Well, they can be killed, but thy generate sooo fast. I tested this once by walking on to a "bees" with a sugar rush and the results were spectacular.

Hellraiser
Jul 11, 2001, 07:34 PM
I figured out a perfect way to make the hurt event work, and it looks like the pit is empty too. Thanks for your help guys.

URJazzCC
Jul 11, 2001, 10:10 PM
Raiser, i found an even better way, which ensures them to always get hurt, and always warp.I'll show you it next time I get a chance

bc200
Jul 12, 2001, 07:08 AM
Most Events Don't Work On The Edges Of The Level http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Violet CLM
Jul 12, 2001, 12:11 PM
That doesn't apply constantly, bc200.

No events will work on the bottom, so it is impossible to get up from it without one of the following:

1. You already have a fly carrot.

2. You already have an Airboard.

3. You are in the swimming type of water.

4. You cheat.

5. There is a long enough and not very strong bridge above you.

6. Maybe a shot down fly carrot... I don't know.

7. A fallen steam pushes you up onto a bridge. (Maybe a one way would work as well)

8. You buttstomp a generating falling turtle shell.

On the top of the screen, events work.

On the left, some do and some don't.

As far as I can tell, events on the right work. I should do more research.

EvilMike
Jul 12, 2001, 02:25 PM
Some events don't work on the right. As far as I know, warp targets work everywhere.

~SPLASH~
Jul 14, 2001, 01:58 AM
No, warp targets do not work at the right and down lines..at least as far as I can remember

CelL
Jul 15, 2001, 04:51 AM
You could also try using the Tweedle boss.

But you can see that if you freeze it...

Violet CLM
Jul 15, 2001, 12:06 PM
Cell, they apparently both found perfect ways to do that, and besides, if you injure Tweedle enough, he dies.

Tik
Jul 22, 2001, 12:23 AM
Don't use any enemies, it will make it look tacky.

If you get a fully-masked clear tile, place a Hurt event on it, and place the warp above that tile, you can still get hurt (I'm not sure if you always would, though).

If there isn't a fully-masked clear tile, just used something from the background so that you cannot tell. If you are using the 3D Texure thing, then...be creative.

Violet CLM
Jul 22, 2001, 12:13 PM
On about the time the earth died, Spaztic wrote:

Don't use any enemies, it will make it look tacky.

So far, so good.

If you get a fully-masked clear tile, place a Hurt event on it, and place the warp above that tile, you can still get hurt (I'm not sure if you always would, though).

If Jazz or Lori uses helicopter ears then they wouldn't get hurt. So that wouldn't be all that good.

If there isn't a fully-masked clear tile, just used something from the background so that you cannot tell. If you are using the 3D Texure thing, then...be creative.

See above. As I said, they both apparently found perfect ways to do it, so this is sort of unnecessary.