PDA

View Full Version : Copter carrot in MP

White Rabbit
Dec 15, 2004, 05:15 AM
How do you get the copter carrot to work in MP? Is it some kind of MCE that you have to put in with JCS or do I have to edit JCS.ini? I've looked at FS' Medieval Skyscrapers and I copied his way of putting in a copter carrot (a regenerating blue spring under a right belt and also two tiles away from an empty buttstomp event). It didn't work in my lvl so I suspect that it's something I have to write into JCS.ini. Can someone help me plz? Thanks in advance.

White Rabbit
Dec 15, 2004, 08:04 AM
I've copied it EXACTLY, but it doesn't work. I don't need to adjust my events correctly because I wouldn't post here before doing that. :p

LittleFreak
Dec 15, 2004, 08:20 AM
What happens when you load the level?

I once had an MCE which should make one of those Jazz clones moving like a crab. It didn't work. I had some crabs in the level, and after I removed them it worked. So make sure you don't have any "real" fly carrots in the level.

cooba
Dec 15, 2004, 10:39 AM
He wants an MCE flying carrot.

LittleFreak
Dec 15, 2004, 11:13 AM
He wants an MCE flying carrot.

I already know. If you want to have an MCE flying carrot you must not have real flying carrots in the level, at least that was the cause an MCE in one of my levels didn't work.

cooba
Dec 15, 2004, 11:18 AM
He must put a "real flying carrot" to make the MCE work like "real flying carrot" in Multiplayer. | "real flying carrots" don't appear in multiplayer.

...play some multiplayer levels. Or get a life. Both things mean same thing.

FireSworD
Dec 15, 2004, 11:21 AM
a regenerating blue spring under a right belt

;-)

LittleFreak
Dec 15, 2004, 11:24 AM
He must put a "real flying carrot" to make the MCE work like "real flying carrot" in Multiplayer. | "real flying carrots" don't appear in multiplayer.

...play some multiplayer levels. Or get a life. Both things mean same thing.

You still didn't understand what I'm saying or I typed it wrong accidentally. I said/wanted to say he must NOT put a real flying carrot so the MCE works. I don't have any experience with multiplayer, as I can't play over the internet. But as far as I know MCEs always represent an already existing JCS object but with different graphics and animations. As far as I know for making the MCE work, the original object must NOT be in the level.

cooba
Dec 15, 2004, 11:35 AM
Except he wants to achieve way different effect.

blue spring under right beltThat said person who called me a "n00b".

Violet CLM
Dec 15, 2004, 11:54 AM
Look, this topic is going nowhere. I sincerely doubt that any of you are talking about the same thing. Just read the article. (http://www.geocities.com/atlastsome/jj2/mces.htm)

White Rabbit
Dec 16, 2004, 12:23 AM
FS, for some reason Medieval Skyscrapers had a buttstomp event, not a pulze light. I changed that and switched the speed to 96 and voila! A flying carrot! :D Thanks Violet for reminding me of the link (although OL didn't actually tell me how to make a flying carrot work for MP).

Fawriel
Dec 16, 2004, 02:38 AM
What happens when you load the level?

I once had an MCE which should make one of those Jazz clones moving like a crab. It didn't work. I had some crabs in the level, and after I removed them it worked. So make sure you don't have any "real" fly carrots in the level.
Ohohoh. How does that one work?

LittleFreak
Dec 16, 2004, 04:07 AM
Ohohoh. How does that one work?

..?

Fawriel
Dec 16, 2004, 09:58 AM
...the Jazz clone that moves like a crab.

LittleFreak
Dec 16, 2004, 11:14 AM
...the Jazz clone that moves like a crab.

http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=3205

This level is not made by me, though a look on it with JCS might help you more than a crappy explanation from me.
:-)
Just remember not to put real crabs in there.

EDIT: Note how I stole White Rabbit's old reviewing system to review this level without him knowing. :-)

Stijn
Dec 16, 2004, 10:57 PM
I should really upload my MCE list someday. Too bad JCSRef is still down.

White Rabbit
Dec 16, 2004, 11:26 PM
@PHT2: Yeah, I sometimes use that method of reviewing but it's not exactly my prefered style. Lately I just write a bunch of sentences, link them together using jumbled paragraphs and call it a day. :p

This post is off-topic because my problem has already been solved. :p