PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Scenery crashing my TSF, why?

jmoon5ftm
Dec 22, 2004, 06:31 PM
Placing Trigger Scenery at certain locations is causing my level to crash, but at other locations it's working okay. Anyone know why that is?

Lark
Dec 22, 2004, 07:04 PM
Nope... are you using the same exact tile, and the same exact event parameters in both places? If you are, I have no idea why location would matter.

(I will not be around for four days now. So you'll have to wait for future advice from me, sorry. D=)

jmoon5ftm
Dec 22, 2004, 07:26 PM
Nope... are you using the same exact tile, and the same exact event parameters in both places? If you are, I have no idea why location would matter.

(I will not be around for four days now. So you'll have to wait for future advice from me, sorry. D=)

Yes, it's the same tile and the event uses the same trigger ID... I don't know what's wrong. Here's my layout, with Z = Trigger Zone w/ ID 1 and S = Trigger Scenery w/ ID 1 (this is the only trigger I have in the level):

====================================

<table>
<tr><td>S</td><td> </td><td width=80> </td><td>S</td><td> </td></tr>
<tr><td>S</td><td>Z</td><td> </td><td>S</td><td>Z</td></tr>
<tr><td> </td><td> </td><td align=center>S</td><td> </td><td> </td></tr>
</table>

*what I want, but crashes JJ2 TSF*

<table>
<tr><td>S</td><td> </td><td width=80> </td><td> </td><td> </td></tr>
<tr><td>S</td><td>Z</td><td> </td><td>&nbsp;</td><td>Z</td></tr>
</table>

*works fine*

<table>
<tr><td> </td><td> </td><td width=80> </td><td>S</td><td> </td></tr>
<tr><td>&nbsp;</td><td>Z</td><td> </td><td>S</td><td>Z</td></tr>
</table>

*another crash*

:(

Violet CLM
Dec 22, 2004, 08:07 PM
If any of the tiles with the Trigger Scenery event on them are flipped, that will result in a crash. Make sure you didn't flip any of the tiles.

jmoon5ftm
Dec 22, 2004, 08:45 PM
If any of the tiles with the Trigger Scenery event on them are flipped, that will result in a crash. Make sure you didn't flip any of the tiles.
Ah...thanks for the help! The scenery I was triggering was an "Exit" sign, and since the two signs were on opposite sides of the exit, I did have one flipped. Guess I'll have to think of a different way to design this...

Thanks again!

Anikav
Jan 28, 2005, 06:00 AM
Hi. I don't want to make a new thrade, so I'm writing this post here. I need help. I create a level. I don't know, how to do the anmation for "butt stomp scenery". I built the blocks with "!" on them and I put the "Butt stomp scenery" on the blocks and nothing matters, when I stomp on them. I don't know whether you understand me or not, because I'm Polish and I don't know English very well.

Sacrush
Jan 28, 2005, 06:35 AM
The animation has to be like this: a '!' block then a empty one and then again a '!' block in the animation. If that doesnt work make the animation with speed ''0''

Anikav
Jan 28, 2005, 07:14 AM
But where I can make this animation?

LittleFreak
Jan 28, 2005, 09:06 AM
In the bottom left window of JCS, click on the little empty tile. Then hold down CTRL and press on !, then an empty block and then ! again.

Buttstomp scenery animations consist of the following:
The first ! block is the one showing up in the level before it's stomped. The second tile (in this case the empty one) is the tile which will be there after the block is stomped. The last tile (!) is the one of which pieces will fall down after the block is destroyed. You can of course insert other tiles, to achieve different effects. Understood? If not I can send you an example level. :)

Violet CLM
Jan 28, 2005, 01:02 PM
This is all covered in the JCS help file, by the way.

JelZe GoldRabbit
Jan 28, 2005, 03:33 PM
But we all know it's only suited for geniuses with an IQ of over 125 :p

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3

Violet CLM
Jan 28, 2005, 05:47 PM
Well, it's also covered in HowtoJCS and JCSref...

Anikav
Jan 29, 2005, 10:46 AM
When I click on "Help" he says, that he can't find the ...../JCS Help/.... file

LittleFreak
Jan 29, 2005, 11:00 AM
When I click on "Help" he says, that he can't find the ...../JCS Help/.... file

You downloaded JJ2 right? ;)

Buy it.

Anikav
Jan 29, 2005, 11:33 AM
Hmmmm... When I put first ! and the second empty, the first is flashing. What shall I do?

LittleFreak
Jan 29, 2005, 11:35 AM
Hmmmm... When I put first ! and the second empty, the first is flashing. What shall I do?

Right click on the first one and put the parameter to 0.

Anikav
Jan 29, 2005, 11:45 AM
Thank you very much! :)