PDA

View Full Version : A request for art help...and a compliment!

Baggers
Jan 22, 2005, 03:24 PM
Well to get the latter out of the way first, i have only started looking at some of the fan-art here and it is stunning stuff so round of applause to everyone !

Secondly the main point of this thread. For those who chose not to frequent to the game design board I am currently writing a 3D version of Jazz Jackrabbit (there is a link at the bottom to the thread with my progress.) and it is all coming along well, except for one area...and that its art!... Art is deifnatly not my strong point so i just wanted to see if there was anyone interested in making media for this game.

It will be free when completed, as will the Level creator
It will be open source for other programmers to learn from, or any programming fans of 'JJR' to edit or improve.
Due to the points above any work you put in will also be free to this community and that of the DarkBasic Forums. So i hope this is ok, if not I will look into encryption systems for your media.

Media includes textures as well as models, and the later is just as important as the former, so any help with this will be greatly appriciated.

If you want to help please just say so here, Obviously your name will be in the credits !

Thanks for your time, and heres the link to the other thread
http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=12169

Baggers

Olsen
Jan 23, 2005, 02:19 AM
I made some models with milkshape some time ago.
Unfortunatly, my trial period is over. :'(

Hare
Feb 16, 2005, 02:30 AM
I've got Jazz covered :D.

http://www.purrhead.thj.no/screenshots/jazz_model/jazz-medevo_troops.jpg

I begin working on the texture map tomorrow. I do kinda feel bad though, that maybe someone else might have wanted to model jazz. Buuut, well. I suppose if nobody else offered yet, it wouldn't hurt to take the oppritunity :D. To me, this seems like the best job to take :P.

Fawriel
Feb 16, 2005, 08:13 AM
Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger BAGGER BAGGERS...

*chuckles*

Olsen
Feb 16, 2005, 09:05 AM
Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger BAGGERS BAGGERS!! And hare ofcourse for his/hers great modeling work!

*chuckles*

Correction :P

cooba
Feb 16, 2005, 09:47 AM
Correction ;pCorrection ;p

LittleFreak
Feb 16, 2005, 09:55 AM
@ Fawriel: You spelled his name wrong. He's called ba*gg*ers, not badger. I think badger was another user, which has already left the community.

Olsen
Feb 16, 2005, 09:59 AM
@ LittleFreak: Badger (http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/)

@ Cooba: ;P

Fawriel
Feb 16, 2005, 10:35 AM
@PHT: What Cooba said.
@Cooba: ;P
@ Olsen: k

... and if anyone doesn't get it, I was referring to the way the Jazz models stand in that image. ^^;

Baggers
Feb 17, 2005, 01:58 AM
hahaha, sorry i havnt checked this for a while. i am glad there isnt a me animation though! <shudders thinking of the baggers, baggers, badgers animation> however great work hare, yes there are other working on the same task as a few others wanted to try, but while they are taking their time yours seems to be best so far ! thanks a lot!
Seisure later

LittleFreak
Feb 18, 2005, 04:38 AM
@PHT: What Cooba said.

That was Olsen. :P

BTW, sorry, that was a misunderstanding. :P