PDA

View Full Version : 9 Levels?! :(

Jazz_jcs
Feb 3, 2005, 04:41 AM
Hi! :p

I would like to know, "Jazz jackrabbit2 - The Secret Files" ,does it have only 9 levels? (and some more things, that are not really considered to be levels)

Iisn't there an edition that has also the levels of "Jazz jackrabbit 2 " and "jazz jackrabbit 2 - Holiday Hare 98" and also "Jazz jackrabbit2 - The Secret Files"

:(

LittleFreak
Feb 3, 2005, 04:44 AM
I own the JJ2 edition which includes the original game and TSF. I did not see any including 1.23, TSF and holiday hare 98 though.

Jazz_jcs
Feb 3, 2005, 04:54 AM
Thanks,
where can I get a edition like your's?

cooba
Feb 3, 2005, 04:56 AM
Buy it at eBay one day?

Jazz_jcs
Feb 3, 2005, 05:05 AM
is it a special edition?
does it have a special name?

cooba
Feb 3, 2005, 05:05 AM
Christmas Chronicles `99.

Jazz_jcs
Feb 3, 2005, 05:13 AM
Thanks

Newspaz
Feb 3, 2005, 05:15 AM
I own the JJ2 edition which includes the original game and TSF. I did not see any including 1.23, TSF and holiday hare 98 though.
Mine includes all three, I think.

Jazz_jcs
Feb 3, 2005, 05:25 AM
and what's your games name? what does it say after the jazz jackrabbit 2?

JelZe GoldRabbit
Feb 3, 2005, 05:46 AM
Eh guys? Would you mind elaborating a little more on the different editions? Makes for less confusion. ;)

In general, there are three to four editions of Jazz Jackrabbit 2:

- the full version (latest v. 1.23) with 4 episodes and the Shareware Demo
- Holiday Hare 98 (v. 1.23x, America only), a special Christmas Edition with 3 new and longer Single Player levels and 2 new Battle levels.
- The Secret Files (v. 1.24, mainly Europe), an "addon" (it's actually a seperate game, it had its own .exe file) with a new character called Lori, 9 new Single Player levels, a new Race level, and the best User Levels (at the time of release anyway), and JJ2 for free (on a seperate CD). A special Polish edition was released later which had everything combined on one CD
- Christmas Chronicles (v. 1.24x), the European release of Holiday Hare 98, with user made Easter levels from a contest, and of course Lori.

That's the basic rundown. All of them can be found somewhere, try EBay. Hope that helps :)

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3

cooba
Feb 3, 2005, 06:07 AM
I assume you didn't list remaining versions because they have same episode structure and level amount, JelZe...

JelZe GoldRabbit
Feb 3, 2005, 06:17 AM
That I did, yes (you always have something to say about me, huh? :p). Mind you I said General, and mentioned that a Polish version of TSF has everything in one CD. And episodes can be interchanged, you know? ;)

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3

cooba
Feb 3, 2005, 06:39 AM
Polish version of TSF has everything in one CD.It's uncompatible with various utilities like Controller as well =)

kbaxontopic

DoubleGJ
Feb 3, 2005, 07:37 AM
No, the Polish version simply does NOT include the original JJ2. And yes, adding Polish letters to the font made it incompatible with many programs.

Violet CLM
Feb 3, 2005, 01:49 PM
Some versions of TSF have JJ2, others don't. You leave out JJ2 for Mac, but that's probably forgivable. Otherwise, thanks again for being so helpful, JelZe.