PDA

View Full Version : JCS New Event Creation Contest

WaterRabbit
Feb 6, 2005, 08:11 AM
JCS New Event Creation Contest

I'm am creating a contest were you must make a new event for JCS using only JCS.ini.

Rules:
- Must work properly
- You can make up to 3 new events
- You must use just JCS.ini
- Must be finished by March 19th 2005

Winning:
- There is a total of 18 events that can win.
- At the end there will be a poll to see which events have won.
- To show that your event has won you must put the number of the prize when
you upload it to J2O.

Warning:
It is only recommended that Advanced or Expert Level Creators do this.

:-) :-) Good Luck, Have Fun!!!

Stijn
Feb 6, 2005, 08:16 AM
K But how to create new events

blurredd
Feb 6, 2005, 08:41 AM
To be honest, this contest isn't going to go far from the way it sounds. I'm also not exactly sure what "new event" is referring to. The game has been around for a while, so finding undiscovered events would be hard for anyone that tries. Now a contest for making something new with events (like in the Science Fair) (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8019) would be different story.
To show that your event has won you must put the number of the prize when you upload it to J2O.I'm not sure what that means either.

Olsen
Feb 6, 2005, 08:46 AM
This would be cool if we knew how to create events. If you know, then teach us.

R3ptile
Feb 6, 2005, 08:47 AM
I think he means a new gametype.

cooba
Feb 6, 2005, 08:48 AM
Wow. Considering that you must be able of doing something so you will make a contest focusing around thing you perfected, I assume you made pretty much new JJ2 events. Can you show your work, BR?

(This BR != Blackraptor foos)

Slaz
Feb 6, 2005, 09:38 AM
I don't join this compo, i like making levels for Jazz2 but finding new gametypes (events) doesn't really interest me.

Anyway, wasn't jcs.ini only for editing event names?

cooba
Feb 6, 2005, 09:54 AM
gametypes != events

Superjazz
Feb 6, 2005, 11:02 AM
One possibility, and that which I understood as an event, is an event. As you see, every level contains a lot of events, so perhaps he meant any kind of character, pickup, etc. like Lizard, Apple, new kind of Gem. Yeah, inventing new kind of an event, so I thought if there were 18 new events, they could be useful for future levels...

Ok ok, just ignore that what I wrote there. It was a stupid and weird thought but there's still a little chance he meant something like that. I actually just nominated that. :eek:

LittleFreak
Feb 6, 2005, 11:25 AM
gametypes != events

I wonder how you could create a new JJ2 gametype with jcs.ini ;-)

For myself, I have no clue how to do this, so I get out of this.

Slaz
Feb 6, 2005, 11:45 AM
I wonder how you could create a new JJ2 gametype with jcs.ini ;-)

For myself, I have no clue how to do this, so I get out of this.
Same for me. :rolleyes:

n0
Feb 6, 2005, 12:46 PM
Uh... to the best of my knowledge, you can't make new events in JCS.ini, all you can do is mess around with the settings of old ones and show events that were originaly hidden. I've "unlocked" all the events before, and opened all the parameters all the way, and the only event that was anything at all was a second airboard that looked and acted exactly the same. Opening the parameters was usefull, however, as I managed to create inverse lighting/fog this way.

So, basicly, been there tried that didn't work.

cooba
Feb 6, 2005, 12:48 PM
and the only event that was anything at all was a second airboard that looked and acted exactly the same.Quite untrue. It doesn't respawn by itself, and you can actually set its respawn time =D

Ragnarok!
Feb 6, 2005, 01:23 PM
I doubt many people will make a new event, I don't know how, but it would be cool if someone could.

Violet CLM
Feb 6, 2005, 01:53 PM
Trigger Zone, Pacman Ghost, SP Airboard, Blinking Gem (SCE) and Generator are the only things which can really be counted as new events, if only because (with the exception of the first) nobody knew about them for a while. In any case, as cool as it would be, nothing has been shown to suggest that JCS.ini can be used to create events - it's just there so Michiel didn't have to hardcode in which parameters could be used for each event, and could rename them easily.

A new "Search and Replace Events" function contest would almost work, but there's only so much that can be done with it...

WaterRabbit
Feb 6, 2005, 02:01 PM
I think everyone might as well forget about this because it dosen't look like this contest will work. Sorry. I might as well create a new contest. :) :(

LittleFreak
Feb 7, 2005, 12:39 AM
Opening the parameters was usefull, however, as I managed to create inverse lighting/fog this way.

Could you send me your jcs.ini to pht2@gmx.de ? I'd like to see those lighting stuffnesses. :-)

n0
Feb 7, 2005, 11:29 AM
The only usefull thing I did with my edited jcs.ini was fog

http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=2521

If you really want it, I'll have to re make it, because my hard drive has been formated so many times.

Or.. I could just tell you how to make it.

Although then I would have to be on my computer, not one of my schools.

I'll say something about it sometime.

`N0

n0
Feb 12, 2005, 12:48 AM
And ++JCS.ini has been released.

http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=3589

GL HF!

LittleFreak
Feb 12, 2005, 01:04 AM
The only usefull thing I did with my edited jcs.ini was fog

http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=2521

Nice. :-)