PDA

View Full Version : A question about Jazz<->Spaz morphs

Sonyk
Feb 17, 2005, 07:05 PM
Just out of curiousity, for a level pack that I may attempt to try making, if a Jazz<->Spaz morph is used, but no revert morph is used before the end of the level, does the character remain as the character they currently are when the next level starts? Or are they returned to Jazz, Spaz, or Lori?

Violet CLM
Feb 17, 2005, 09:03 PM
This is one of those questions which you could answer by trying it yourself. In any case, you revert characters between levels.

Sonyk
Feb 18, 2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks, I guess it would have been pretty easy to test, but for some reason, I was feeling lazy, yet pushed...

Nonetheless, thank you. Another question...

If I were to place one of the Jazz<->Spaz morphs, would there be any way to trigger it that, when shot to open a hole in the floor? So, say they started as Lori made it to the dead end, but shot it, and then had to play through as Jazz?

JelZe GoldRabbit
Feb 18, 2005, 02:14 PM
I'm afraid a Jazz <-> Spaz morph can't act as a trigger. You'd have to set up a trigger zone somewhere close, protected by stomp blocks in a vertical line for Jazz' uppercut, or a horizontal line for Spaz and Lori. Be sure not to put TNT in the level ;)

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3

Sonyk
Feb 18, 2005, 04:57 PM
Thanks. Though it may be hard to use the honor system for Spaz and Lori. Ah well.

I planned on making a level which part of the story would revolve around the character being played as... thus the only way to work it would be via Jazz<-> Spaz warps, unless I'm mistaken. Therefore... say it's a Lori level, you'd have to shoot the monitor once, then shoot it again to become Lori... But people would argue that Spaz is better etc, and then not use it the second time. Well, whatever I guess...

(Sorry about that, I often find I end up ranting)

LittleFreak
Feb 19, 2005, 01:58 AM
There's a way to make a passage which Lori can pass while Spaz can't.

Make a platform, with ! blocks to be destroyed. A few tiles after, put warps. Test it and be sure Lori can break the blocks without being warped back, while Spaz can't.

Note: Make sure the ! blocks do respawn pretty fast, otherwise it doesn't work.

Hope that helped.

Violet CLM
Feb 19, 2005, 02:01 AM
Note: Make sure the ! blocks do respawn pretty fast
Now I'm all confused.

A good way of sending different characters into different areas of the level is using the Jazz and Spaz Start events. Adding Lori to the equation might make it a little more complicated, but I'm sure something could be done to distinguish her.

LittleFreak
Feb 19, 2005, 02:04 AM
Now I'm all confused.

A good way of sending different characters into different areas of the level is using the Jazz and Spaz Start events. Adding Lori to the equation might make it a little more complicated, but I'm sure something could be done to distinguish her.

That's another way. There is no Lori start though, but I guess there's a walkaround somehow.

Another Note: I know there was a Lori start event for CC, but it does not work as far as I know.

Sonyk
Feb 19, 2005, 07:23 AM
Those are good ideas (especially the Lori and the [!] blocks) but I think it was kinda misleading in what I said...

It's intended for the episode to be started with Jazz (for story purposes), but then along the way, Spaz and Lori pop in (It's intended to be a TSF level), and to morph to them, unless I'm mistaken, you need to use the Jazz<->Spaz Morphs, so if it was a Lori level, you'd need to shoot 2. If it was a Jazz level, then you'd start the level...etc.

cooba
Feb 19, 2005, 09:27 AM
Note: I know there was a Lori start event for CC99Nope, that was from Overlord's JCS.ini.

LittleFreak
Feb 19, 2005, 09:48 AM
Nope, that was from Overlord's JCS.ini.

Oops. <strike>Let's just say it's Violet's fault.</strike>

@ Sonyk: It seems I do not fully understand your problem. :-I

Sonyk
Feb 19, 2005, 11:56 AM
Ah, sorry. I did find a way, but it's more of a Spaz unsolveable puzzle. But, whatever works.