PDA

View Full Version : Some kind of insane project

Hareoic
Feb 24, 2005, 09:01 AM
I'm currently making something interesting that won't be ready until I actually start working on it. I can't give you any details (somebody would steal my idea, I swear), but I'll work harder at perfecting it than any other piece that I've ever made.

More details as soon as I find out what happened to my binder and the sketches in them or remake them.

*resumes plotting*

Radium
Feb 24, 2005, 09:04 AM
Okay.
<this thread has no content yet, so what am I supposed to say? "PLZTELLMESECRETPROJECT"?>

LittleFreak
Feb 24, 2005, 09:33 AM
Good luck! ;)

Note: I like to senselessness of this topic. ;D

Fawriel
Feb 24, 2005, 11:21 AM
Well, good luck possibly maybe doing something.

Hareoic
Mar 8, 2005, 08:46 AM
Ok, reality check. Apparently my binder has been stolen so I'm starting over from scratch.

If you really want to know what I'm making, they're parody drawings based on characters from video games or television series where use their personality, actions, relations, appearance, or clothing to make a reference to something else using that character. If I was doing Jazz Jackrabbit, for example, I might dress him like an old style school boy in reference to his backback. (Yes, there will be a lot of obscure references, I'll do my best to explain each of them)

Anybody want to motivate me to start on this again?

LittleFreak
Mar 8, 2005, 09:04 AM
Something like the JJ2 episode images (many if not all of them are parodies)?

That sounds pretty cool. ;) (note: This is a motivation for you to start on it again! :P)

Do it, and I'll "give a detailed comment/review/garbage" (or something similiar). :)

Lem_Gambino
Mar 8, 2005, 09:44 AM
Sounds like fun.

Hareoic
Mar 10, 2005, 08:39 AM
I HAVE UPDATE!

I've chosen six different items to parody, which are listed here, in no particular order:

1. Last Exile (TV series)
2. Baten Kaitos (Video Game)
3. Tales of Symphonia (Video Game)
4. Naruto (TV series)
5. Homestar Runner/Spanish Inquisition crossover (Web Cartoon/Monty Python Skit)
6. Jazz Jackrabbit (Video Game)

I've already thought out the roles and the jokes, all that's left is to sketch out the ideas, look up the character models, and add the final touches. You'll like them. Honestly. Really. Seriously. Truly. OK? I will actually refine it until I think it looks good enough, which may take a long time.

LittleFreak
Mar 10, 2005, 08:56 AM
I don't know any of those you listed apart from number 6. ^0^

W00t!

Hareoic
Mar 10, 2005, 08:59 AM
Btw, the Jazz Jackrabbit as a schoolboy example won't be used. Too obvious and too stupid. I got something a bit more vague and probably more interesting. (hint: JJ1 players will recognize it right off the bat)

Hareoic
Mar 14, 2005, 08:42 AM
Woot, the sketches are done.

Now I just need the character models so I can redraw them, since the sketches were just posing stick figures.

(I might need help here.)

Fawriel
Mar 14, 2005, 10:10 AM
Kay.

Hareoic
Mar 16, 2005, 08:43 AM
That was an indication for somebody to pitch and and help me find some reference pictures. Especially of Jazz Jackrabbit and company, since I don't really see very many.