PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about jcs

WvA
Mar 14, 2005, 10:56 AM
hello i am new on this forum but some may have seen me online on tsf ;-)

I have made 3 battle levels there but i am now trying to build a single player episode. I get stuck at some points so here are my questions.

Is it possible to change (or add extra) boss music for boss fights? And is it possible to delte it that a music starts to play at a boss fight? (you must run over activate boss (becose it wont do anyting if you dont) but than the music starts to)

How do you get something from a tileset into another? :( I realy dont understand how to make or edit tilesets. For example i want the sky of jungle into the tileset of carrottus. I am still a little n00by so if there is a way, please explaint it from the beginning. :)

3. How do you put in the tweedle boss (working). When i put him in he dont work (you dont see him and the boss energie is not show)

I sure have some more questions but forget them now ;-)

Btw, my english isnt very well becose i am dutch but i am sure you all know what i try to say right? :)

cooba
Mar 14, 2005, 11:00 AM
Is it possible to change (or add extra) boss music for boss fights?Yes.And is it possible to delte it that a music starts to play at a boss fight? (you must run over activate boss (becose it wont do anyting if you dont) but than the music starts to)No.2.
How do you get something from a tileset into another? :( I realy dont understand how to make or edit tilesets. For example i want the sky of jungle into the tileset of carrottus. I am still a little n00by so if there is a way, please explaint it from the beginning. :)http://www.tilesets.hewwo.com

WvA
Mar 14, 2005, 11:03 AM
very funny.... HOW do i change it

White Rabbit
Mar 14, 2005, 11:04 AM
1. You can only have two kinds of music for bosses: music 0 or music 1. You could change the music by removing the orignial boss music files in your JJ2 directory and replacing it with something else, but other ppl would have to do the same if they want to hear the custom music. I'm not sure what 'delte' means but I guess that you want to remove the music. Well, you can only do that by manually deleting the boss music file from your JJ2 directory (boss1.j2b and boss2.j2b.

2. Nope, I'm a tileset noob as well. :p

WvA
Mar 14, 2005, 11:09 AM
i couldnt find that file :(

Well okey thats not gona work if they have to delete it to ;-)

JelZe GoldRabbit
Mar 14, 2005, 12:51 PM
hello i am new on this forum but some may have seen me online on tsf ;-)

I have made 3 battle levels there but i am now trying to build a single player episode. I get stuck at some points so here are my questions.

Is it possible to change (or add extra) boss music for boss fights? And is it possible to delte it that a music starts to play at a boss fight? (you must run over activate boss (becose it wont do anyting if you dont) but than the music starts to)

How do you get something from a tileset into another? :( I realy dont understand how to make or edit tilesets. For example i want the sky of jungle into the tileset of carrottus. I am still a little n00by so if there is a way, please explaint it from the beginning. :)

3. How do you put in the tweedle boss (working). When i put him in he dont work (you dont see him and the boss energie is not show)

I sure have some more questions but forget them now ;-)

Btw, my english isnt very well becose i am dutch but i am sure you all know what i try to say right? :)

Hey, another dutchie on the boards, welkom! :) your english isn't that bad actually, I've seen worse :) now, for the answers:

1.) Not really, but you can work your way around it, White Rabbit explained it already, but just for the record: look for Boss1.j2b and Boss2.j2b in your Jazz2 folder. Rename them, you'll need them for backup. If you have mod2j2b handy, choose the music you'd like to hear during boss fights, and convert them (just changing the extension to .j2b is not converting). Mod2j2b can only convert modules (like .mod, .xm, .it, s3m), not mp3's or anything related to them (They're too big anyway, music can only be 2 MB tops). After that, rename the converted files to boss1.j2b or boss2.j2b and place them in your Jazz folder.

2.) Well... I know how, but doing it is really tedious and not worth the result. However, you can cheat a little using the 16-bit 3D Background. In 16-bit, the background fades to a certain color set in the level. In layer 8, go to Layer proporties and check "Texture Mode" so you switch on the 3D Background. Right below it you'll see a field with "Fade Red", "Fade Blue" and "Fade Green". The numbers you fill in those fields (0 to 255) determine the color the background fades into. I don't have the exact numbers handy right now, maybe someone else can help you out :)

3) The Tweedle boss is actually unfinished, as funny as it may sound. It's an incomplete leftover from the beta which didn't get deleted because of time shortage.

There you have it, if you need it in dutch, feel free to ask me :)

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3

Violet CLM
Mar 14, 2005, 05:02 PM
2.) Well... I know how, but doing it is really tedious and not worth the result. However, you can cheat a little using the 16-bit 3D Background. In 16-bit, the background fades to a certain color set in the level. In layer 8, go to Layer proporties and check "Texture Mode" so you switch on the 3D Background. Right below it you'll see a field with "Fade Red", "Fade Blue" and "Fade Green". The numbers you fill in those fields (0 to 255) determine the color the background fades into. I don't have the exact numbers handy right now, maybe someone else can help you out :)
<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jcsref/node.php?menu=&node=Textured%20Backgrounds">This JCSref article</a> gives some example colors and links to more.

However, if you really wanted to put the sky of one tileset into another, you'd have to make your own tileset with your own palette. Sorry. Tweedle does not work and what everyone else said about boss.j2b is true.

LittleFreak
Mar 15, 2005, 05:04 AM
Welcome and good luck with your pack. :)

cooba
Mar 15, 2005, 07:20 AM
3) The Tweedle boss is actually unfinished, as funny as it may sound. It's an incomplete leftover from the beta which didn't get deleted because of time shortage.It didn't get finished because of lack of time. Why would they delete something with an almost full sprite sheet? Same goes for gunless rabbit sprites...

WvA
Mar 15, 2005, 09:46 AM
also i saw on this site that devan will turn into a demon but i never saw that. Is there a way it works? (site say your game will crash)

Violet CLM
Mar 15, 2005, 08:41 PM
Devan will turn into a demon when you shoot him 200 times.

WvA
Mar 18, 2005, 03:44 AM
jaj it works :p

next questions: about bosses:

1. Is there a way to put well lets say, 3 bosses at the same time in a level. It is possible i know but i want to kill them all 3 before finished. If you finish 1 of the 3 you are already done and you go to next level.

2. Is there a way to kill a boss without going to next level.

3. Is it possible to put in 5 devans + devan robot without the robot boss? And how do you do it.

Sonyk
Mar 18, 2005, 03:52 AM
1. I don't think so, since every boss is hardcoded into going to the next level when finished...
2. Only if you use a boss that doesn't require an "Activate Boss" event. I think the Queen Boss is the only one that works normally without using an Activate Boss.
3. Yes to the 5 Devans, I'm not sure about the Devan Robot without the boss, but if you did, the Devan Robot boss would do nothing, since it requires both events to function properly. (And, since it just stands there anyway) The robot boss also works without the Devan, but it just floats there.

EDIT: After looking at it on my own, I've found that using the Devan Robot Boss without the robot causes most unusual side effects...
EDIT2: But what you could do, is "trap" the robot in masked tiles (more effective is place it in the center of a 3x3 square) and activate it then. The robot won't be able to move, nor will it make noise, and you'd have a Devan Boss, and 5 Devil Devan bosses. If it matters to you, you could also cover the robot using layer 3.
EDITLAST: Finally, if you use the Devil Devan boss, that Devan will be the only one that teleports, and not the Devan (Robot Boss).

WvA
Mar 18, 2005, 04:06 AM
very nice tips tnx

i have tryed the queen boss, but that was the problem. I first use it without actifating it (i thoug, cant realy remember) but when i trow here of the stage and run to the next platform you get kinda warped to the beginning of the boss :S Its not realy warping its just switching screens. Very strange

LittleFreak
Mar 18, 2005, 04:13 AM
That problem occurs, because the game does not registrate that the queen is killed.

She will soon be there again, and as you can't be more to the right than the queen, it will automatically "warp" you back.

The queen gets defeated once she hits a red spring, but that will also end the level.

Sonyk
Mar 18, 2005, 04:21 AM
Interesting. I've found this to work...

------------------------------------------
|
|
------------------------ --------
| |
| SSS |
| ____ |

Please excuse the poor ASCII skills, but that's just a basic design of a level, messes aside.

Using that, you can place the queen anywhere before the pit with S's. S's are red springs (only they work). After the Queen hits the red spring, she'll get launched up by the springs and dissappear. And all this works without the activate boss event.

One thing I did for fun once was placing the springs under a covering of layer 3, and on that layer 3, placed spikes. So, it looked like she got hit by the spikes and... yeah. I think you get it.

WvA
Mar 18, 2005, 04:58 AM
i just try it but it dont work, you still get next level :S

JelZe GoldRabbit
Mar 18, 2005, 07:11 AM
i just try it but it dont work, you still get next level :S

I'll make it easy for you: you can't create mini-bosses (bosses that don't lead to a next level) using JCS. Every boss leads to the next level, no matter what you do, as said before, it's hardcoded into the game. Trust me: had we found a way, you would have been seen it long ago ;)

Violet CLM
Mar 18, 2005, 12:48 PM
The only known boss that can be defeated without ending the level is the queen: you just drop her down a pit and then warp (or otherwise move) at least 31 tiles away from the battle. As long as you never come within a 31 tile range of the battle, you will be able to continue the level normally.

blurredd
Mar 18, 2005, 01:52 PM
I suppose you could also make a small arena with a boss in it and set up a system so that you warp to another area after a certain amount of time (a coin warp is probably the easiest method). So the main objective would just be to survive the boss (or bosses if you chose). Unfortunately, you would be stuck with the boss music afterwards.

WvA
Mar 19, 2005, 11:26 PM
tnx for the idea's

time for next question :lol:

Can you attack enemy's when you are a frog? I tryed 2 enemy's (helmet and another) and you get hurt if you touch them with your erm.... ''attack''. Is there an enemy that you can attack while you are a frog? Will be cool for my episode :lol:

LittleFreak
Mar 19, 2005, 11:37 PM
Not that I know of. The only way you can kill enemies with froggy is using sugar rush.

EDIT:

There's actually another way, but it's a bit more complicated.

You could put ammo MCEs into crates, get the crates to break somehow and the ammo coming out would kill the enemy.

I guess you don't know how to even create MCEs though (not meant as an attack), so you'd need to learn how to do that first.

cooba
Mar 20, 2005, 02:01 AM
You could lure Bubba with Frog/Bird into a death trap, say...

WvA
Mar 20, 2005, 02:43 AM
yeah but that is still not killing :roll:

next question

is there a way to become normal again without a kiss of eva when you are a frog?

LittleFreak
Mar 20, 2005, 02:46 AM
Yes. There's a revert morph event, I think it's under Gameplay/Area.

I'm not exactly sure though.

WvA
Mar 20, 2005, 02:56 AM
tnx i found it :)

Okey new questions (yeah there are coming a lot in the feature so prepare yourself ;) )

1. Is there a tileset where evry tile set is in. So all tile sets in 1, on this site to download somewere?

2. Is there a tile set that have some things in it to make a lighting in the background. I want to put a battle on a roof top with flashing lighting but i think it is inpossible... But maybe someone has tryed before?

JelZe GoldRabbit
Mar 20, 2005, 03:35 AM
tnx i found it :)

Okey new questions (yeah there are coming a lot in the feature so prepare yourself ;) )

1. Is there a tileset where evry tile set is in. So all tile sets in 1, on this site to download somewere?

2. Is there a tile set that have some things in it to make a lighting in the background. I want to put a battle on a roof top with flashing lighting but i think it is inpossible... But maybe someone has tryed before?

1. That would be impossible to do. JCS, or rather the levels you make with it can only handle tilesets of a certain size, and animations count towards the total. For v. 1.23 the limit is 1024 tiles all together. For v. 1.24 (aka TSF) the limit is four times as large, 4096 tiles.

2. I believe some tilesets have lightning (bliksem wilde je, toch?) in them. For a battle on a roof, Bluez' Metropolis is your best bet.

LittleFreak
Mar 20, 2005, 03:38 AM
1. No, like Jelze said there's not enough space for such a mega-tileset.

2. Either use the one Jelze reccommended or the tileset below:

http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=3135

It's made for Multiplayer though, so I guess it's not easy to use. It's possible to make SP stuff with it though.

WaterRabbit
Mar 20, 2005, 03:47 AM

No. The tileset would be to big for JCS. JCS dosen't support giant tilesets like that.
Even though TSF JCS can have bigger tilesets it wouldn't support a tileset like that.

Yes. There are many tilesets. I will give you a list of a few:

Medivo
Lost World (Lost World Episode)
Amazon Forest Get on the Last Dodo Habitat (http://ninjadodo.zeepost.nl/)
Christmas pack (from www.jazz2city.com)
Zero (from www.jazz2city.com)
Odyessy (from www.jazz2online.com)
Windstorm Fortress (www.jazz2online.com)

There may be others but I don't want to start looking for them all. There are probably lots of tilesets that you can use lightning in. For more information on lightning and other JCS stuff go to http://~howtojcs.zeepost.nl/.

Tip:
Go to www.jazz2online.com and click on JCS on the top of the website there is lots of JCS stuff in there too. If you do not find answers to some of your questions on the pages then feel free to ask us questions on the JCF.

LittleFreak
Mar 20, 2005, 03:52 AM
Medivo

Medivo doesn't have lightning tiles, does it?

You can make "fake lightning" with it though, I think I've seen that somewhere.

WvA
Mar 20, 2005, 03:55 AM
medivo only have rain, no lightning.

LittleFreak
Mar 20, 2005, 03:58 AM
I looked into the tileset, just use tile 1.79 (the pink one) and you can make an animation that looks like lightning.

WvA
Mar 20, 2005, 04:02 AM
yes that is something you can do but i meen lighting strike. Not just a flash :P

LittleFreak
Mar 20, 2005, 04:03 AM
Well, use another of those tilesets then. :P

WvA
Mar 20, 2005, 04:22 AM
maybe i could use a tree :P

WaterRabbit
Mar 20, 2005, 04:26 AM
Medivo does have lightning. The closest to lightning you will get in Medivo is the pink tiles. But if you don't want to do that use those other tilesets.

LittleFreak
Mar 20, 2005, 05:07 AM
A tree for lightning?

Better use another tileset. :P

WvA
Mar 20, 2005, 07:43 AM
i am now making a cool level with medivo :-) I hope it turn out well becose it is gona be fun! :-)

LittleFreak
Mar 20, 2005, 07:47 AM
Need any beta testers? ^^

WvA
Mar 20, 2005, 08:38 AM
yes :D

It is going to be a episode but right now i am just making some levels and will make a story around it later. I have some idea's anyway.

But i could use some help so :)

LittleFreak
Mar 20, 2005, 08:48 AM
Once you have something that needs to be tested, send it to pht2@gmx.de

WvA
Mar 21, 2005, 06:56 AM
next question.

is there a quick key to add an event? It takes lod of time to put all those evints in if you have to click evryone of them :O

Sonyk
Mar 21, 2005, 06:58 AM
Pageclaim in the name of the events.

Once you've got an event down, use control+E to copy it, and shift+e to place it.

WvA
Mar 21, 2005, 07:46 AM
omft tnx! this realy make it a lot easyer!!!!!!!!!! :D

Okey new questions (yeah they will never stop! }> )

What is possible with the frog. He cant attack, he can jump. What can you do with his licky attack. Can you grap things at the other side of the wall or something? And does the frog have special moves. I have found out that:

The frog cant attack
The frog cant fly with jjfly :p but if you pres the cheat again it have a hover effect on it :lol: (however it still cant fly! :P)
It cant warp........
i THINK it cant complete a level to.

cooba
Mar 21, 2005, 07:54 AM
Can you grab things at the other side of the wall or something?Yes, you can. You can also destroy enemies/crates/stuff when on sugar rush in the sameway.i THINK it cant complete a level to.Oh yes it can.

LittleFreak
Mar 21, 2005, 08:01 AM
Froggy doesn't have a special sucker tube animation. If now Froggy gets into a sucker tube the walking animation is used, which can be used to make cutscenes.

I'm not sure, but maybe Froggy can get through thin places Jazz can't get through?

And "licky attack" is the coolest name for Froggy's attack I ever heard. :D

Sonyk
Mar 21, 2005, 08:13 AM
If the frog finishes a level, he's just stuck there, with the black screen. You need to use wind events and the revert morph event to end a level.

Violet CLM
Mar 21, 2005, 02:01 PM
The frog can breathe underwater.

LittleFreak
Mar 21, 2005, 10:34 PM
The frog can breathe underwater.

Come to think of it - all the other characters can aswell! =O

WvA
Mar 22, 2005, 07:25 AM
the frog cant swim, thats to bad :p

It can catch food with his tong so that cool.

in sugar rush it can also kill enemys just by hitting them so thats not cool.

Okey i think we are done with the frog now, next: the bird! ;)

and man, why cant the bird attack enemy's to! (-)(-)(-) is the meaning of his kick-the-eye-of-an-enemy-out-attack?

LittleFreak
Mar 22, 2005, 08:12 AM
It can be used to dodge attackers actually.

I think it's good Froggy and Chucky can't attack, because it's a lot harder that way.

cooba
Mar 22, 2005, 08:49 AM
I think it's good Froggy and Chucky can't attack, because it's a lot harder that way.February 7th, 1997
CliffyB reveals lots of information about JJ2, such as enemies in secret levels, the return of bird cages and checkpoints, and the ability to "eat enemies with your tongue" while a frog.

LittleFreak
Mar 22, 2005, 08:49 AM
February 7th, 1997
CliffyB reveals lots of information about JJ2, such as enemies in secret levels, the return of bird cages and checkpoints, and the ability to "eat enemies with your tongue" while a frog.

That'd be cool aswell though. :P

WvA
Mar 22, 2005, 08:54 AM
to bad it isnt true.....

cooba
Mar 22, 2005, 09:03 AM
Too bad you have bad spelling; and it is true anyway. IT'S BEEN SAID ON JAZZ 2 WAREHOUSE

WvA
Mar 22, 2005, 09:47 AM
ya know, in my first post i said this:

Btw, my english isnt very well becose i am dutch but i am sure you all know what i try to say right?

so what is your problem?

and anyway, if it is true, than try it yourself.

cooba
Mar 22, 2005, 09:56 AM
They were supposed to put in. Nowhere I said it is in.

...besides, no, I have problems understanding you.

WvA
Mar 22, 2005, 10:03 AM
are you always so anyoing? i mean, you realy have something vs me dont you? Or do you just have something to evryone?

LittleFreak
Mar 22, 2005, 10:05 AM
They were supposed to put in. Nowhere I said it is in.

...besides, no, I have problems understanding you.

I don't actually.

Don't worry about Cooba, he has to correct every English error he sees, that's just the way he is. :P

cooba
Mar 22, 2005, 10:09 AM
t hat's a raer genatic disese i get, sory ;-;

LittleFreak
Mar 22, 2005, 10:17 AM
t hat's a raer genatic disese i get, sory ;-;

Seriously?

cooba
Mar 22, 2005, 10:18 AM
yess it also gievs me -16 on ech aye :( :( :(

LittleFreak
Mar 22, 2005, 10:24 AM
yess it also gievs me -16 on ech aye :( :( :(

Evilish.

Bjossi
Mar 22, 2005, 12:11 PM
I got an eye disease, the name is retinitis pigmentosa. Really annoying, specially in dark when I canĀ“t see a bit.

FQuist
Mar 22, 2005, 12:34 PM
next question.

is there a quick key to add an event? It takes lod of time to put all those evints in if you have to click evryone of them :O

Looks like nobody mentioned this yet.. using the e key you can add an event. How to copy and paste people already answered.

Bjossi
Mar 22, 2005, 12:42 PM
Grab and Paste Event in the menu are very helpful.

JelZe GoldRabbit
Mar 23, 2005, 02:10 AM
Here are a few tips:

- The E key can also be used to put an event on a specific tile in a tileset. For instance, you have a tileset with a vine. Instead of first making a vine in the level and then put the vine events onto the tiles, you can put the event directly onto the vine in the tileset. When you select that tile, both the image and the event can be placed in the level automatically at the same time.
- the B key is used to copy portions of the level you've already built. It works just like the left mouse button in the Tileset view; press it (but don't hold), move the mouse to select the area you want to copy, then press it again. You can then put the copied area anywhere you want, usefull for making back-ups and quickly fill empty areas. However, it doesn't copy empty areas (tile 0 glitch).
- the F key flips the tiles you have selected from left to right. Be warned tho, never flip animations unless you want an Access Violation error.

That's all folks

LittleFreak
Mar 23, 2005, 02:29 AM
You can flip animations, just don't put events like destruct scenery on them.

Also, you can copy empty tiles (and the events on them) if you use the shift key additional to Jelze's technic.

WvA
Mar 23, 2005, 05:47 AM
tnx for the tips. It will realy help me creating levels faster :-)

WvA
Mar 24, 2005, 12:41 PM
new questions :p

This time again the bird

Is there a way you can have an bird on your side without have to break it from a cage (no codes)

Is there a way to get a bird when you are a bird yourself

is there a way to get a bird if you are a frog

Violet CLM
Mar 24, 2005, 12:56 PM
My only guess is that you might be able to break the bird cage using SCE's, but I haven't actually tested that so it might not work.

WvA
Mar 24, 2005, 01:06 PM
SCE = ?

and is there a way to get more birds -_-' i only can get 1.

Violet CLM
Mar 24, 2005, 03:29 PM
SCE = Single Combo Event. They used to be called STE's (Single Trick Events), which made a lot more sense, but whatever. Basically, some events, if set to generate, have strange effects. Try a generating hook for a good example.
And you can only have one bird unless you mess around with the JJBIRD code a lot.

Sonyk
Mar 24, 2005, 03:33 PM
And you can only have one bird unless you mess around with the JJBIRD code a lot.Type it in about 50 times in succuession, and you'll get about 25 birds. Though they're pointless, since they all shoot from the same place.

LittleFreak
Mar 24, 2005, 11:46 PM
The easy way:

Put a bird cage on the way right before the morph to Birdy or Froggy.

There's also a more complicated way, but I doubt you'd understand it (that's not meant personally, but you'd need to know a lot about MCEs and SCEs).

White Rabbit
Mar 25, 2005, 02:56 AM
Maybe you could tell me? ;P

WvA
Mar 25, 2005, 03:28 AM
aaarg! i just find out that you can only change into a bird if you shoot a box. Isnt there another way?!

cooba
Mar 25, 2005, 03:41 AM
JJMorph.

WvA
Mar 25, 2005, 03:56 AM
urg

WITHOUT A CHEAT!

White Rabbit
Mar 25, 2005, 04:06 AM
You don't necessarily have to shoot it. Stomp/uppercut/kick it. Or use SCEs or TNTs. I.e., push the box into a hole full of TNTs.

cooba
Mar 25, 2005, 04:25 AM
Stomp/uppercut/kick it.You can't take it like that D=

WvA
Mar 25, 2005, 04:37 AM
woehoe! Thats an idea! :)

I have also found an option to change into a bird at the start. Wel not realy at the start but you can only shoot the box if you want to go furter and you are hiding behind the logo of your lives. Yeah sounds strange but it works :P

LittleFreak
Mar 25, 2005, 04:43 AM
Maybe you could tell me? ;P

OK.

Make a crate which contains an electro blaster shot. The player then has to push the crate next to a TNT which explodes the crate. The electro blaster then goes through a wall and hits a cage.

WvA
Mar 25, 2005, 04:52 AM
a tnt cant explode a bird cage! The bird dont get free, it get killed in 3 times.........

Sonyk
Mar 25, 2005, 06:10 AM
There's a level called labrat3.j2l which is about playing as the bird. Try it and look around it maybe. Since the bird can't attack, it's like flying a slow airboard which can only dodge.

White Rabbit
Mar 25, 2005, 06:21 AM
Pretty hard lvl to complete without using carrots. ;D

WvA
Mar 25, 2005, 06:38 AM
i dont have the level. Where can i download it?

And man, to complete my level i realy need a way to get a bird on my side when i am a bird myself. RISE OF THE BIRDS! :D its realy gona be cool.

White Rabbit
Mar 25, 2005, 06:41 AM
It's not a custom lvl. It should be in your JJ2 folder. Maybe it's some kind of bonus/secret lvl. I dunno, because I never managed to get it while playing JJ2 from the first episode.

WvA
Mar 25, 2005, 06:53 AM
i have the secret files, its not in there

anyway i have a new question (but please answer the last one to!)

In the tileset: Heaven, the you have a bird with can fire fire bals (at least, the sprites are there)

I try to do it but i dont understand it. How must you place the sprite, at wich speed and what must you use to get the bird fire 1 fire bal, wait a little time and fire another, the fire ball have to fly 10 tiles far.

LittleFreak
Mar 25, 2005, 06:54 AM
They were originally going to make it a bonus level of Labrat 1 or 2 (one of those has Labrat3.j2l in the properties secret level thing), but for some reason they left it out.

EDIT:

Have you tried making an animation?

Look at the example level, it's showed there.

WvA
Mar 25, 2005, 08:48 AM
yes tnx, it was in there (i got the tileset from a level pack so i downloaded the orginal now :H )

Anyway, still: how do i get a bird when i am a bird myself

and a new question: If you are in the air (bird level) you cant put things in the lowest line or something? I put the efent hurt in it and it dont work and also putting enemy's in it dont work. Why? And how do i get them to work

cooba
Mar 25, 2005, 09:06 AM
Anyway, still: how do i get a bird when i am a bird myselfMake a crate which contains an electro blaster projectile. The player then has to push the crate next to a TNT which explodes the crate. The electro blaster then goes through a wall and hits a cage.&nbsp;

WvA
Mar 25, 2005, 09:14 AM
as far as i know you cant push when you are a bird

no other way?

White Rabbit
Mar 25, 2005, 09:16 AM
Do trigger zones work? Make the trigger tiles solid at first and then un-solid when triggered, which lets the crate fall down, get destroyed by TNT, etc.

LittleFreak
Mar 25, 2005, 09:39 AM
White Rabbit's suggestion should work, I didn't knew you couldn't push as a bird.

Anyways, you can't put events in the lowest line of the level. Why would you want to put enemies there anyway? Put ground under them, then put enemies on them.

WvA
Mar 25, 2005, 10:01 AM
you cant free a bird with tnt

@little freak

I have my reasons for it. It is a bird level wich you fly in the air. But you get surprised by raven. But you can escape easy if you just fly the lowest line.

I also want to warp with the bird. I want to make you need 5 coins to warp. How must i do this?

1. The bird can't warp
2. You could make it so that you will turn into jazz JUST before te warp BUT if you dont have enough coins you cant go back to get them
3. WHAT MUST I DO?! :P

LittleFreak
Mar 25, 2005, 10:22 AM
Use Trigger Zone instead of warps.

Put trigger zones around every coin you need to collect, every trigger zone opens one block.

Once you have all 5 coins, all the trigger blocks have dissapeared and you can get through.

If you want you can also put a revert morph and a warp behind.

About the thing with the bottom line of the level, if you don't want to be able to escape easily by flying throught the bottom line simply put some floor there. :P

EDIT:

I know you can't free the bird with TNT, that is why you needed the electro blaster projectile in the crate.

WvA
Mar 25, 2005, 11:40 AM
Yay i did it. I didnt use triggers before but it is easy :)

The level is done, a little short but also a little hard ;) And it is only 1 level of the story.

http://www.nintendo-gaming.nl/rivals.bmp

Here a little screen. I use it for msn but well, i place it here becose i taked it from the level. In this story the raven and the birdy's are rivals. Find out more about this soon :-)

LittleFreak
Mar 25, 2005, 11:52 AM
Looks nice. :)

WvA
Mar 26, 2005, 01:32 AM
New question.

Are there any objects that hurt exxept the spike boll? I want some opstacles in my level.

Its again a level in the sky. If you dont understand what i mean i will upload a screen.

Violet CLM
Mar 26, 2005, 01:34 AM
The Spike Platform does, and the 3D Spike Boll, and the Rotating Rock.

JelZe GoldRabbit
Mar 26, 2005, 01:42 AM
The Spike Platform does, and the 3D Spike Boll, and the Rotating Rock.

The rotating rock is rather glitched tho, never rolls when you want it to :P

WvA
Mar 26, 2005, 02:15 AM
spiky platform is the same as the spike ball (well, not the same but the same effect in this level)

cooba
Mar 26, 2005, 02:22 AM
Use "Bees" event.

LittleFreak
Mar 26, 2005, 02:45 AM
The "Bees" event is an invisible enemy which doesn't move and can't be killed.

You can use it everywhere to make something hurt, even in mid air.

I used that once to make poisened water.

If you want moving objects like spike balls though, you'd need to use the hurt event which only works on masked tiles.

WvA
Mar 26, 2005, 03:18 AM
tnx for bees event, didnt know that

however, the spiky ball hurts without use using hurt event. :) But i think i could use this one to (sometimes it is just anoying that something is solid >_>)

LittleFreak
Mar 26, 2005, 03:26 AM
If you want a solid tile to be unsolid, put it in layer 5.

You must give layer 5 the same properties as layer 4 though.

WvA
Mar 26, 2005, 03:58 AM
and again, a nice tip :cool:

The level i am making now is sooooooo cool! :D i realy enjoy making it and i think you will like to play it :) Its a sky temple.

WvA
Mar 26, 2005, 01:27 PM
aarg, if you finish a level with the bird you get the high scores! aaaaaaarg!

btw, did someone send me an pm? i got mail there was 1 but it isnt in the box :S

LittleFreak
Mar 27, 2005, 03:07 AM
aarg, if you finish a level with the bird you get the high scores! aaaaaaarg!

btw, did someone send me an pm? i got mail there was 1 but it isnt in the box :S

Wait, did you just get to the high score screen or was there that screen where you can choose left or right before?

If not, then you just discovered something really neat.

Anyways, use revert morph right before the exit to prevent it.

cooba
Mar 27, 2005, 03:49 AM
Anyways, use revert morph right before the exit to prevent it.And "Area Fly Off".

LittleFreak
Mar 27, 2005, 03:49 AM
And "Area Fly Off".

Yes, I forgot that.

WvA
Mar 27, 2005, 12:10 PM
nope it was the high scores screen not the gameover screen.

Btw, what does the area fly off event does again? i forget.

Also i want to ask if you have any ideas for my level. It is a level (i have already sayed this) in the sky, you play with the bird and there are evrywhere spikeballs and stuff, but i also want to put something else in, i already tough of wind and stuff but do you guys got any ideas? Like extra's for the bird ( i realy have no idea but maybe something so you can do things you couldnt before?)

Sonyk
Mar 27, 2005, 12:40 PM
Turns flying off....

LittleFreak
Mar 28, 2005, 12:28 AM
I need to check out that highscore thing, that could be really useful.

Anyways, you could put in a puzzle (I'm a huge fan of puzzles).

At first it seems to hard to do those, but it's pretty easy once you got an idea.

It can be as simple as having to find a way around something, which, for example hurts.

Just try to be creative and it works, trust me. ;)

Items?

Carrots, food (for sugar rush) and maybe a very well hidden one up.

Maybe also a shield?

WvA
Mar 30, 2005, 06:21 AM
Well yeah it arent realy puzzels but it more like: be very fast and not be scared :p If you wait a little to long becose you think you are getting hurt you GET hurt :p

I will think a little better about puzzles but i dont realy have an idea. I didnt realy hide the 1 up thing becose if you get gameover the episode stops and well, thats so NOT cool!

So i put it somewere in the beginning of the level with a spiky boll turning around so it isnt REALY easy. :)

Anyway, the level is until now very nice. Its very cool to make and the eyecandy is i think nice.

WvA
Apr 2, 2005, 10:51 AM
About that blaster shot in a crate, you CANT push things when you are a bird!

LittleFreak
Apr 2, 2005, 11:06 AM
You already said that a few posts ago I think. :P

Anyways, I thought you could, but I'm not perfect, haven't used JCS for ages. ^_^

There's another way though.

1. Put the crate on a speed block.
2. Put belts a few tiles below the speed block.
3. Do the thing with the TNT and stuff I explained some time ago.

If Birdy crushes the speed block (which I assume he can) the crate will fall down on the belts, gets carried to the TNT, explodes and frees the bird.

WvA
Apr 2, 2005, 11:40 AM
i realy have no idea what you are talking about :P however i dont think birdy can do that :P

LittleFreak
Apr 2, 2005, 11:57 AM
Could you clarify what is unclear? ;)

You do only have TSF, right?

Well, speed blocks are blocks that are destroyed if you crash against them with high speed. They appeared in one of the original levels, but not in TSF.

You can make them with a parameter of destruct scenery, I guess you find out how on your own.

Anything else? ;)

CrimiClown
Apr 2, 2005, 11:54 PM
I'd like to beta test for you, too.

Oh ja, bijna vergeten jij bent ook Nederlands :-)

The line above is written in Dutch, by the way. And how do I make those quote boxes?

LittleFreak
Apr 2, 2005, 11:59 PM
[ quote=Nickname ]Text[/ quote ]

Without the spaces this gets to

Text

CrimiClown
Apr 3, 2005, 12:35 AM
[ quote=Nickname ]Text[/ quote ]

Without the spaces this gets to

Thanks! :+

WvA
Apr 5, 2005, 04:41 AM
kweet niet of ik hem laat beta testen :) moet nog even kijken.

nothing importend above here. just go on what you where doing :P

DarkSonic
Apr 7, 2005, 09:32 AM
If I were you, I would let your level be beta tested. I think your level gets an higher rating if you get beta testers.
What gametype is your level, anyway?
And yes, I know what that means because I am Dutch as well =P.
I can't beta test if you only have TSF, so D=.

WvA
Apr 7, 2005, 10:20 AM
its not a level its an episode

LittleFreak
Apr 8, 2005, 04:50 AM
Like I said before, I can betatest aswell.

And as far as I can tell it's going to be single player.

(enemies in multiplayer is not a good idea, trust me)

Nielsje
Apr 8, 2005, 05:44 AM
I tried adding enemies in Multiplayer for my new game mode (Bring Em On) but it's far from finished.

LittleFreak
Apr 8, 2005, 06:00 AM
Well, what I mean is enemies in game modes like battle is obviously not a good idea. ;)

It'd ruin the balance, because if someone is on low health and gets chased by a dude equipped with powered up RFs he can just "accidentally" run into a lizard and has five hearts again.

Nielsje
Apr 8, 2005, 09:19 AM
...yeah, I didn't think about that. Actually they should work with deaths instead of kills to calculate the scores in that cases.

LittleFreak
Apr 8, 2005, 09:30 AM
It'd be better if the player who last hit the one being killed by an enemy got the point, but that's sadly not the case.

About the gametype you're creating, any chance you'll spoil some information on what it is? ;)

DarkSonic
Apr 8, 2005, 09:42 AM
its not a level its an episode
Then I will skip.

Nielsje
Apr 8, 2005, 09:48 AM
About the gametype you're creating, any chance you'll spoil some information on what it is? ;)

Well, the basic idea is that a group of rabbits enters some kind of arena, which is going to be flooded with enemies. Above the arena there's a tower with enemies, and each time the host destroys a crate, a bunch of enemies fall down which will respawn after ten seconds. So after each crate, extra enemies come into the game. The rabbit who stays alive for the longest time, wins the game. I also included a spectator mode.

The system works about the same as Ground Force, and it has the same startup system. However, the host can't join in the game and once someone's dead, he ends up in the beginning of the level again. Like someone who joins a Ground Force game which is already busy. Anyway, to make the system in a way that rabbits can't kill each other and only the enemies, the only way of hosting this is in Co-op. I shall try to release a level with this new game-mode (I call it "Bring Em On!") in the near future.

WvA
Apr 8, 2005, 10:03 AM
sounds cool :)

LittleFreak
Apr 8, 2005, 10:42 AM
Problem would be carrots and fast fires which baddies often leave behind. Other than that, it sounds pretty nice. ;)

Also, what about Treasure Hunt mode?

People can't hurt each other then.

Nielsje
Apr 8, 2005, 01:58 PM
Yes, but I think people can't be hurt by enemies either because they have no hearts at all.

I thought about it earlier and I came to the conclusion that Co-op would be the only gamemode that would fit the requirements.

LittleFreak
Apr 9, 2005, 12:29 AM
That'd make it an offline-only gametype though, as no one managed to get a fully working Co-Op mode for online play I think.

WvA
Apr 9, 2005, 02:05 AM
there where programs for that?

LittleFreak
Apr 9, 2005, 02:46 AM
Yes, but none of them work correctly as far as I know.

If only the host can get hurt by enemies, then that sucks, no?

cooba
Apr 9, 2005, 03:01 AM
If only the host can get hurt by enemies, then that sucks, no?Everyone can get hurt, but only host can die...

Nielsje
Apr 9, 2005, 03:27 AM
The host doesn't play at all. He opens the crates for more enemies. And that's the problem why I can't create this gametype, there's no good Co-op mode program available...

LittleFreak
Apr 9, 2005, 03:41 AM
Everyone can get hurt, but only host can die...

My fault.

The host doesn't play at all. He opens the crates for more enemies. And that's the problem why I can't create this gametype, there's no good Co-op mode program available...

The only way was making it offline-only, but only few people would be interested in it then.

blurredd
Apr 9, 2005, 05:02 PM
*brainstorms*

This is what I came up with for the "Bring Em On!" thing. First and foremost, the arena needs to be is rigid enough to make Spaz's sidekick more inefficient and then. Secondly, the arena has to be filled with No Fire Zone events. How it would work is everyone starts with a shield (for how ever long) and the server would be at the bottom of the level to keep time and hit a crate for each new wave of enemies. After a round is over, the server hits a regenerating crate that opens a hole which everyone must enter (the arena could also be designed so that it entirely disappears when the crate is hit, but that might be unnecessary work). The hole leads to a system where if you don't have a shield, you get warped to the loser room (the same system with hurt events I used in my Shield Assault levels). Every round, players who survived get a new shield, and this goes on until someone wins.

That's all I could come up with.

LittleFreak
Apr 9, 2005, 11:41 PM
Wait, wait, how could a shield prevent someone from warping?

That was something new to me.

blurredd
Apr 10, 2005, 04:31 PM
I managed to make a Bring Em On! level (fully automated to boot) and it pretty much works, except for the fact only one person can go through a wait tube at a time and players may get stuck in any of the tubes. I took out the No Fire Zones since it was hard enough to kill enemies as it was. Getting hit once basically means you're out, but the game should be easier with more players. I included a timer (which is surprising that I added it since I still loathe Bank Robbery), and there are 9 rounds total.

WvA
Apr 11, 2005, 05:14 AM
you are saying evryone has a shield, how can you lose shield? :S

cooba
Apr 11, 2005, 06:16 AM
how can you lose shield? :SBY GETTING HURT MAYBE

LittleFreak
Apr 11, 2005, 06:21 AM
Will you upload it, Blur?

I'd like to see it. ;)

blurredd
Apr 11, 2005, 02:28 PM
Probably not, but I'll most likely host it again on several occasions as I improve it.

WvA
Apr 12, 2005, 03:32 AM
if you have a shield you cant get hurt?

LittleFreak
Apr 12, 2005, 05:55 AM
Too bad, I can't play online. http://images.bravenet.com/common/images/smilies/crazy.gif

@ WvA: That, is actually the point of it. http://images.bravenet.com/common/images/smilies/sigh.gif