PDA

View Full Version : Clutter Removal

Tubz
Mar 20, 2005, 01:28 PM
A simple question. Who thinks Word Association and Word Dessociation should be fused together? Especially since their basicallyt the same thing...The point is, that I think similar topics such as these should just be merged in order to avoid clutter on the board...

Sonyk
Mar 20, 2005, 02:17 PM
Word association and word disassociation are different things. No, since they're games and people think they're fun. If you want to stop clutter, know what you're talking about before posting first.

Fawriel
Mar 20, 2005, 02:52 PM
We should merge black and white together, too. And ice and fire. And Derby and Michael. Neo and Agent Smith. Bush and Dalai Lama. Chick.com and (URL). The ground and the sky. The ceiling and the floor. ...

Derby: URL removal. References to the site previously mentioned are typically removed because it has an excess of inappropriate content.

Sonyk
Mar 20, 2005, 03:11 PM
Just for the fun of it...

Life and Death. Termites and Wood. Jazz Jackrabbit and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Tubz
Mar 20, 2005, 05:02 PM
Word association and word disassociation are different things. No, since they're games and people think they're fun. If you want to stop clutter, know what you're talking about before posting first.

They are the same thing...people post the same way in both topics. The rules don't even matter. Excuse me, I know what I'm talking about.

Blackraptor
Mar 20, 2005, 05:08 PM
I think, rather than merging them and causing confusion, one of them (presumably the one with the least posts) should just be locked.

Sonyk
Mar 20, 2005, 06:44 PM
No, they're not Tubz. In word association, you post words similar to last. In word disassociation, you post words different from the last.

See? Different.

LittleFreak
Mar 20, 2005, 11:11 PM
We should merge black and white together, too. And ice and fire. And Derby and Michael.

Sig. :P

On topic:

How could we merge those together? Any idea how to play it then?

Fawriel
Mar 20, 2005, 11:17 PM
Well, exactly. Note the "dis-". "Dis-" is right up there with "De-", "Un-", etc.
In other words, Word Disassociation is the exact opposite of Word Association.

I wouldn't really mind either one being closed, though.

LittleFreak
Mar 20, 2005, 11:19 PM
Well, exactly. Note the "dis-". "Dis-" is right up there with "De-", "Un-", etc.
In other words, Word Disassociation is the exact opposite of Word Association.

I wouldn't really mind either one being closed, though.

Me neither, but I don't have any idea how to play Word Association and Disassociation in one thread.

Risp_old
Mar 21, 2005, 02:41 AM
It's simple. You don't.

Tubz
Mar 21, 2005, 08:49 AM
No, they're not Tubz. In word association, you post words similar to last. In word disassociation, you post words different from the last.

See? Different.

I don't even follow the rules, lol.

Fawriel
Mar 21, 2005, 08:54 AM
So, in other words, the problem about Word Disassociation is you?

LittleFreak
Mar 21, 2005, 09:06 AM

Yes.

Tubz
Mar 21, 2005, 09:24 AM

Nah.

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2005, 12:26 PM
I think most ppl are following the rules. ;p Most. Let's not merge.