PDA

View Full Version : Episode in the Making - Gates of Tartarus by Bloodrabbit

WaterRabbit
Mar 28, 2005, 10:41 AM
As lots of people may know I was going to start a Single Player level. But I changed my mind and decided to make an episode instead. The name of the episode is Gates of Tartarus. Here is the story I have written:

Gates of Tartarus Story

There is a land called Tartarus. But the only way to enter
it, is to open gates that give you access to worlds like:
Diamondus, Carrotus, Medivo, Jungle, a space station and
many other places. After the world there is another gate
you must find to access the next world. The turtles made
Tartarus. You must find Tartarus and kill all turtles there.
There are lots of treasures to be found on the way. Hurry.
Carrotus is counting on you. You must not fail. Carrotus
will be doomed if you do.

You can give me ideas if you want to. :)

LittleFreak
Mar 28, 2005, 10:43 AM
1. This could've been posted in the other thread.
2. Change the worlds to custom tilesets.

EDIT:

Ideas? Include puzzles, put the enemies on strategic locations, work hard on eyecandy and try to put in some story elements.

cooba
Mar 28, 2005, 10:47 AM
How... uninteresting. "Kill all turtles here".

Blackraptor
Mar 28, 2005, 10:50 AM
Looks like jazz is some genocide agent killing turtles because they are a different race then him. gj.

WaterRabbit
Mar 28, 2005, 10:52 AM
@Cooba:
It wont be just killing turtles. There will be many good puzzles throughout the whole episode. There will also be a story in the levels.

@LittleFreak:
Of course I will use custom tilesets. I will use custom and standard tilesets in the whole episode.

Also when I finish a few levels I will post them here for download. You can also give me suggestions to make the levels better. :)

cooba
Mar 28, 2005, 10:56 AM
Also when I finish a few levels I will post them here for download. You can also give me suggestions to make the levels better.That's called "uploading demos". "Uploading demos" on J2O is forbidden so 1 - 0

WaterRabbit
Mar 28, 2005, 10:57 AM
That's called "uploading demos". "Uploading demos" on J2O is forbidden so 1 - 0
I mean on JCF.

LittleFreak
Mar 28, 2005, 11:56 AM
Better pick a few people to betatest your levels and don't upload it to the JCF. ;)

You don't want to spoil the surprise for the other players, no? :P

(I know that reason was lame, but I couldn't come up with a better one)

Violet CLM
Mar 28, 2005, 01:56 PM
Looks like jazz is some genocide agent killing turtles because they are a different race then him. gj.
Turtlettes, sir.

White Rabbit
Mar 28, 2005, 02:03 PM
Yay! I contributed! :D

MegaJazz
Mar 30, 2005, 11:04 AM
I like all idea's of Jazz2 episodes, it doesn't really matter me how simple they are, a simple story can also be cool, like the simple story from Jazz1.

Fawriel
Mar 30, 2005, 11:06 AM
Turtlettes, sir.
I could never get myself to kill those. Seriously.

MegaJazz
Mar 30, 2005, 11:09 AM
I could never get myself to kill those. Seriously.You did allready if you played Jazz2. lol

LittleFreak
Mar 30, 2005, 11:14 AM
You did allready if you played Jazz2. lol

Er.. huh?

MegaJazz
Mar 30, 2005, 11:21 AM
Well, i think we just did a confusing talk, but don't care on that. :D

Fawriel
Mar 30, 2005, 11:33 AM
I don't think you know what Turtlettes are..
They are the tiny turtles that run around in some JJ1 levels. They don't hurt you or anything.

WvA
Mar 30, 2005, 11:35 AM
never seen them :S Can you put them in in JCS? Whats there name? Or where they only in jazz1? i cant remember them anyway :P

LittleFreak
Mar 30, 2005, 11:36 AM
never seen them :S Can you put them in in JCS? Whats there name? Or where they only in jazz1? i cant remember them anyway :P

They only appeared in JJ1, but you can put them in a level if you use NOKA's Diamondus conversion. They won't move tough, as they're just normal tiles.

MegaJazz
Mar 30, 2005, 11:41 AM
I don't think you know what Turtlettes are..
They are the tiny turtles that run around in some JJ1 levels. They don't hurt you or anything.Oh sorry, but now i know it :D.. So yes, it is somewhat pointless to kill those.

LittleFreak
Mar 30, 2005, 11:42 AM
Oh sorry, but now i know it :D.. So yes, it is somewhat pointless to kill those.

<s>But it's a lot of fun, especially because they can't help it! >)</s>

MegaJazz
Mar 30, 2005, 11:57 AM
<s>But it's a lot of fun, especially because they can't help it! >)</s>Especially in the Sluggion level 2, there are the most of them. There it would be a challenge to get the level fully in 100% completed without hitting one of those :p .

Risp_old
Mar 30, 2005, 12:04 PM
Back to the subject, sort of...
What exactly is Tartarus used for, that it is so important to the survival of Carratus? A weapons depo? A factory of some kind? Does it train troops? Develop weapons? Or is it just a random land full of turtles for you to brutally murder, and all that stuff about you needing to kill all the turtles to save Carrotus simply an excuse?

Sonyk
Mar 30, 2005, 12:46 PM
Wait, isn't Tatarus where some of the Titans were imprisoned when Zeus and his siblings defeated them?

Wierd... Well, good luck with it.

Violet CLM
Mar 30, 2005, 04:56 PM
Isn't Tartarus a steak sauce?

Iam Canadian
Mar 30, 2005, 07:32 PM
Well the fact that the story says "Carrotus will be doomed if you [fail]" seems to imply the turtles are intending to do SOMETHING nasty with the Gates of Tartar Sauce. But Jazz DOES kill some turtles without need (which makes me wonder why he didn't finish Devan off in the JJ2 ending while he had the chance; it wouldn't be out of character) and the JJ1 manual even says the Turtlettes are just baby turtles looking for something to eat. (Paraphrased, but that's the gist of it)
Oh, and as I learned from my dead Quake-O-Matic Quandary episode is that public beta testing generally doesn't get that much response. (Although Cooba and Littlefreak were very generous with their time and suggestions, for which I thank them) You'll probably be best off with private beta testing.

LittleFreak
Mar 31, 2005, 12:09 AM
Isn't Tartarus a steak sauce?

You mean Tabasco?

Oh, and as I learned from my dead Quake-O-Matic Quandary episode is that public beta testing generally doesn't get that much response. (Although Cooba and Littlefreak were very generous with their time and suggestions, for which I thank them) You'll probably be best off with private beta testing.

Well, it's more that most people here don't care about Single Player too much (I sometimes feel like I'm the only SP fan here).

Ontopic:

You should really improve on the story, it's a bit lame like it is right now. ;)

WaterRabbit
Mar 31, 2005, 03:12 PM
I will make the story better. When it comes out the story will be different. It will be improved a lot. :) :cool:

Sacrush
Apr 1, 2005, 04:41 AM
I dont mind testing it.

Masterblasterdisaster6@hotmail.com

LittleFreak
Apr 1, 2005, 08:37 AM
I'm open for testing aswell. ;)

pht2@gmx.de