PDA

View Full Version : Help me! i have tileset editing troubles

Birdie
Mar 28, 2005, 11:09 AM
Help! i cant find a program to open tilesets to do conversions!

n0
Mar 28, 2005, 12:15 PM
Sorry, but it is impossible to open a j2t file in any editor that I know of. The only way to edit the tileset would be to take screenshots of the tileset, and peice them together in a new tileset.

This link tells you how to make a decent tileset, and would also be usefull in a convertion.

http://tilesets.hewwo.com/

Birdie
Mar 28, 2005, 12:54 PM
ok iam not exacly the bestwith computers but how do you do screen shots heheh...

Sonyk
Mar 28, 2005, 01:25 PM
On windows, a screen capture would be Print Scrn, then, paste the image into Paint, or another editor, and semi-instant screenshot.

Violet CLM
Mar 28, 2005, 01:54 PM
In JJ2, you press the F12 key. In JJ1, press the Backspace and F2 keys simultaneously.

Birdie
Mar 28, 2005, 02:27 PM
if i try to press the button that says"prtscn"it doesn't ask if i want to save automaticly or anything it just does nothing or does it just save the screen shot to somewhere and not tell you does it? if it does where does it save it IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGG!!!!!!!!!! so complacated just for 1 conversion

Sonyk
Mar 28, 2005, 02:40 PM
No, printscrn simply puts a copy of the current screen in the clipboard. If you use print scrn, you should be using JCS. If you use either Jazz option, those screenshots will be saved in the directory that Jazz1/2 is in.

Birdie
Mar 28, 2005, 02:48 PM
ok iam not very good with computers i like the way everyone helps though but whats the clip bord?

Sonyk
Mar 28, 2005, 03:20 PM
Where copied things go. Then pasting it puts a copy in whatever you're pasting it into.

Birdie
Mar 28, 2005, 05:09 PM
i still dont understand it paste it to where and i still cant paste

Sonyk
Mar 28, 2005, 06:46 PM
Edit and paste in most any program will paste.

Paste your screenshots in MSpaint, or anyother photo editing software. There are guides on this, so you should start looking at those too.

Birdie
Mar 28, 2005, 08:22 PM
ok i finaly found it out anyway its for a tileset conversion that will be in my battle pack=D these will be my first levels that i ever publish so far ive made 2 iam planing on haveing about 7

MegaJazz
Mar 30, 2005, 10:59 AM
But why do you want a JJ2 tileset be conversed, it may will suck if you edit it wit programs like paint, may try to learn working with Paint Shop Pro (later versions like 8)..