PDA

View Full Version : Rocket turtle? I need help...

CrimiClown
Mar 30, 2005, 09:38 AM
Hello, i need some help on the placement of the rocket turtle. Every time i put him down, i can attack him for a few seconds and he dissapears all of a sudden. Please, will someone explain? Thanks. :+

WvA
Mar 30, 2005, 09:59 AM
i dont realy know something becose i havnt use him but i though you could enter a time how long it takes for him to disapear.

Iam Canadian
Mar 30, 2005, 10:14 AM
The Rocket Turtle follows a "path" of Area ID events. So place Area IDs around him to form a "path" for him to travel. This isn't foolproof, however, (he'll still sometimes disappear) and he doesn't seem to loop it.

Leporidae
Mar 30, 2005, 10:37 AM
Mabe the Rocket Turdle is to scared to fight and flew away :p

MegaJazz
Mar 30, 2005, 10:54 AM
When i tried the Rocket Turtle event for the first time, i was thinking to place a full row so that they will fly towards you, but thanks, i didn't knew that trick with the AreaID events, can you do more with AreaID?

LittleFreak
Mar 30, 2005, 11:16 AM
When i tried the Rocket Turtle event for the first time, i was thinking to place a full row so that they will fly towards you, but thanks, i didn't knew that trick with the AreaID events, can you do more with AreaID?

Not that I know of.

MegaJazz
Mar 30, 2005, 11:19 AM
Not that I know of.Do you use JCS often then? I made some levels for network games at home before..

LittleFreak
Mar 30, 2005, 11:35 AM
Do you use JCS often then? I made some levels for network games at home before..

I used it often some time ago, but I stopped on it. I know how to do most things, but I'm too lazy to build levels. :P

MegaJazz
Mar 30, 2005, 11:38 AM
I used it often some time ago, but I stopped on it. I know how to do most things, but I'm too lazy to build levels. :PMaking levels was boring me for a long time, but now i started with it again, i now made and uploaded a tileset called "Lava Cave" that got a 6.5!

LittleFreak
Mar 30, 2005, 11:43 AM
Making levels was boring me for a long time, but now i started with it again, i now made and uploaded a tileset called "Lava Cave" that got a 6.5!

Making tilesets is a lot different from making levels though. :P

EDIT:

Anyways, this gets offtopic. :-O

MegaJazz
Mar 30, 2005, 11:53 AM
Yes, so i go back to topic now, i opened a private message for us anyway. ;)

Radium
Mar 30, 2005, 01:07 PM
The Rocket Turtle was left unfinished. He has no real intelligence. The only known way to control him and keep him from flying away is to put lots of Area IDs around. I think he might also be affected by the difficulty setting, but I never looked into this much.

LittleFreak
Mar 31, 2005, 12:10 AM
The Rocket Turtle was left unfinished. He has no real intelligence. The only known way to control him and keep him from flying away is to put lots of Area IDs around. I think he might also be affected by the difficulty setting, but I never looked into this much.

As far as I know he only shows up in Medium.

MegaJazz
Mar 31, 2005, 01:49 AM
Wouldn't he be nice as a boss? As a boss he only needed something bigger drawed, but then it would be nice that he fly's over the screen and shoots a bit.

LittleFreak
Mar 31, 2005, 03:44 AM
If you want to see the Rocket Turtle used as a boss, check out the download below.

It's used in a very creative way.

http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=3206

MegaJazz
Mar 31, 2005, 04:31 AM
I will try that level pack later, but i see in the comment of the download that it is playable with medium the best, so i think they mean the Rocket Turtle!

WvA
Apr 4, 2005, 06:37 AM
how did he get it that he follow you?

WvA
Apr 4, 2005, 06:42 AM
erm i dont see him unless i use the activate boss comand :S

btw you guys where talking about the floating lizard

edit: what the heck, it is a boss! it even work with the boss live stuff

LittleFreak
Apr 4, 2005, 07:11 AM
erm i dont see him unless i use the activate boss comand :S

btw you guys where talking about the floating lizard

edit: what the heck, it is a boss! it even work with the boss live stuff

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about. :)

WvA
Apr 4, 2005, 07:39 AM
okey :P

1. the link you give was a flying lizard boss.

2. the rocket turtle is someting else. i realy have no idea how it works

3. it only works (you see him) if you put in an activate boss. it is a boss not an enemy becose you also get a live thing (you know, how much live the boss has)

4. how the heck does the rocket turtle works?! it fly a little and than stays at 1 position

LittleFreak
Apr 4, 2005, 07:41 AM
No, I was talking about the Rocket Turtle.

If you play on medium mode you'll face him at the end of the third (or fourth) level.

The flying lizard is also a "boss" in that pack, though.

Like I already said, no one knows how it does exactly work, but it's known that you can control him with the Area ID event somehow.

WvA
Apr 4, 2005, 09:55 AM
ooooooow erm i skip that level :P evil me :P

LittleFreak
Apr 4, 2005, 09:58 AM
Let me tell you something, do NOT cheat. ;)

It takes the fun out of the game.

WvA
Apr 4, 2005, 11:18 AM
yes, but that level wasnt fun :P

Violet CLM
Apr 4, 2005, 02:00 PM
This is one of those times when you should really have used the Search button. There have been scads of topics about the rocket turtle in the past.

WvA
Apr 5, 2005, 04:29 AM
i dont see a search button? :P

LittleFreak
Apr 5, 2005, 04:31 AM
i dont see a search button? :P

At the top of the page there's a blue line with lots of options. One of them is called "Search".

Violet's post wasn't directed at you though.