PDA

View Full Version : Make Up Your Own Gametype

WaterRabbit
Apr 8, 2005, 02:35 PM
Make up your own gametype. Just think of another gametype. Give it a name and describe what it is like. You don't have to really make it but you can if you want. If you feel like making your gametype then you could post it on J2O. ;)

blurredd
Apr 8, 2005, 04:03 PM
How about this: It's hosted in battle mode. One person is it. Only the person that is it can score points. Everyone else who isn't it has to roast the person who is it to become it. 1 point for every roast and some number of points for killing whoever is it. Ask EvilMike, Dizzy, or Syntax for more details. Alright, so this isn't my idea, but it'll make a comeback sooner or later.

New idea: It's a timed team game. Everyone has 1 heart but 5 lives. Each player has a choice of weapons at the start, and the game is played in an arena filled with No Fire Zones. Also, each team has a leader who starts with a shield, and roasting the leader equals five points. I call it "Timed Extended Last Street Fighter Standing + Assassinstagib," or TELSFSA for short. I'm still working on the name.

LittleFreak
Apr 9, 2005, 12:28 AM
Hosted in Treasure Hunt mode. All the players start in an arena, and gems fall from the top. The arena itself is filled with Exit events. The first player to get enough gems wins.

I won't make a level for that though. :)

DoubleGJ
Apr 9, 2005, 03:23 AM
Team treasure hunt would be fun. Think of passing gems to each other.

Torkell
Apr 9, 2005, 05:27 AM
Suicide? You'd make it so each suicide scores a point, but just jumping to your doom (or whatever) is worth nothing. Bonus point for roasting with your suicide. Trouble is it'd need heavy re-working of the game to be effective (you'd have to be able to kill yourself with your own dynamite etc., for example).

Fawriel
Apr 9, 2005, 06:26 AM
That's.. morbid.

MoonBlazE
Apr 9, 2005, 07:18 AM
A big area with lots of platforms, walls, springs, ammo, carrots, a stupid bubble shield, a power up at the end of a warp target that is easy to camp. A couple of well known start positions.

I call it Battle1!

LittleFreak
Apr 9, 2005, 08:53 AM
One positive thing about Battle1 is that it's a lot of fun to beat a Jazz opponent with Spaz. ^o^

Radium
Apr 9, 2005, 08:55 AM
Suicide? You'd make it so each suicide scores a point, but just jumping to your doom (or whatever) is worth nothing. Bonus point for roasting with your suicide. Trouble is it'd need heavy re-working of the game to be effective (you'd have to be able to kill yourself with your own dynamite etc., for example).
"Team Suicide" would be very easy to make (if I remember how SCEs work right) and probably fun (though like Faw said, morbid). Just somehow have it so everyone starts with a bird and one of those Witch MCEs (The bird will fire at the witch, I think). Each time the player dies, it will take them between the two bases and they'll score a point. The game would involve chasing other players around and trying to get their birds to shoot you.

I made up a few gametypes a few years back. One was called "team slaughterparty". It was like team battle, but you got a warp target error whenever you died.

Superjazz
Apr 9, 2005, 09:55 AM
I already invented Team LRS. It's similar to a normal Last Rabbit Standing-mode but you have teams. Of course, the server must be hosted as battle, and only certain tileset(s) with necessary stuff can be used for a level with this game-mode. So, once you join the server, you may not fight until the host says go and everything is ready. You choose a free slot (pit) from the main room. Likely from a row which already has players in it's other slots.

There would be 4 teams recommended, which is the amount of them in my prototype-level. Each team also contains 4 slots, so the max. amount of people who could be in a server in the same time. Each slot of the same team is separated to different rows. So, what's the meaning of this? Well, of course if all the players played at the same arena, teammates could hurt each other. And if it was possible to make some players not available to hurt some of other players without hosting a ctf-server, it would be probably called "Last Team Standing."

But in this mode, teammates fight all in separated arenas so they can't hit each other. Four arenas, and one player of each team per arena. So, better arrange the teams carefully to make them balanced before starting the game.

And so, once the game starts...the players just try to roast other players out from their arena. It could be like LRS shared into smaller matches at the same time, but anyway, once one of your teammate gets roasted, it costs one of your lives as well. Each team has 3 lives, so just once players from the same team have got roasted 3 times, no matter whose of the team, the players are able to get eliminated from their arena.

And so, the team who has the most of it's players standing at the arenas overall, wins. Mostly only draws will happen like: Jerry(Blue) stands alone at arena A, Steve(Red) stands alone at arena B, Joe(Green) stands alone at arena C and Tom(Yellow) stands alone at arena D. So the whole game ends 1-1-1-1 draw.

I know this whole gamemode isn't very useful and just slightly too complicated. But I anyways wanted to invent my own game-mode for the jj2-community which was my kind of destination so I could be proud of something. Ok, I shouldn't praise myself, so just forget this. Well, I might host this sometimes so you could see what is it like.

White Rabbit
Apr 9, 2005, 10:50 AM
@BoggyB: You can suicide in treasure mode. You "eat it" if you hurt yourself on spikes or3D balls long enough. ;D

LittleFreak
Apr 9, 2005, 10:51 AM
That was something new to me.

Need to try that out sometime. :)

blurredd
Apr 9, 2005, 11:16 AM
Hosted in Treasure Hunt mode. All the players start in an arena, and gems fall from the top. The arena itself is filled with Exit events. The first player to get enough gems wins.
It's called Bean's Treasure Pack (unofficially), and it owns. Bean needs to come out of nowhere and make new Treasure levels.

@BoggyB: You can suicide in treasure mode. You "eat it" if you hurt yourself on spikes or3D balls long enough. ;D
Only if you're the server the last time I checked.

LittleFreak
Apr 9, 2005, 11:40 AM
It's called Bean's Treasure Pack (unofficially), and it owns. Bean needs to come out of nowhere and make new Treasure levels.

Oh, didn't know about that. Seems I had the same idea as that guy had.

Anyways, so I'll have to think about a new game mode, darned. >_<

Torkell
Apr 9, 2005, 03:00 PM
Heh... the idea I took from what my sister and friends do sometimes in SSBM. You play it by setting it to Super Sudden Death with just bob-ombs on high for the items. Play on Kirby's Fountain of Dreams for more fun. Did you know that if you hold the shield on Jigglypuff until it breaks then you'll go straight off the top of the screen?

ShadeJackrabbit
Apr 15, 2005, 01:21 PM
I made a Hide and Seek level pack. You play on battle and take turns being it, while trying to find eachother. (When you get shot you are it.)

blurredd
Apr 15, 2005, 04:39 PM
I always had a problem with Hide and Seek. The typical HnS level depends too much on good faith and/or cooperation for my tastes.

Violet CLM
Apr 15, 2005, 10:53 PM
Well, it does in real life. You can't be sure that the person who's supposed to be it won't develop a malicious streak and just go off and play Monopoly for four hours and everyone falls asleep in their hiding places. And then there's always the danger that if you do find someone, they'll pull out a gun and shoot you.

In general, I find a good way to think of new gametypes is to stick the word "Team" onto things. For example, Team Hide and Seek. One team hides, and the other team has to find them all and kill them. Within sixty seconds.

blurredd
Apr 16, 2005, 03:54 AM
Heh, I think the same way. Maybe because I like team games a lot more. Anyway, I just remembered that I made a level that's a bit like Team HnS back in 2002. I called the gametype Manhunt despite the fact someone else used the same name (I believe), then Mike used the name for his One-Sided Assassination level, but that's all beside the point. It even had a timer like you mentioned, and it used the hourglass hiding system as seen in Assassination levels. One huge difference from what you said was it worked like Team Battle and roasting anyone from the hiding team meant 2 points instead of 1. There were three things about the level I didn't like though: the layout could've been better, the hourglasses didn't always work, and team-based triggers by nature were biased to one team or another. With that, I gave up on that level only to host it on the rare occasion someone asked me to. EvilMike said he was going to make Team HnS levels himself, but they require good faith in players using F8.

White Rabbit
Apr 16, 2005, 04:04 AM
@Blurred: No, you can suicide as anyone! One of the Wind Meister lvls with the spike balls kept killing Rep and me (I was the host).

blurredd
Apr 16, 2005, 05:06 AM
Bleh... I missed the "spikes or3D balls" part. My mistake.

WvA
Apr 16, 2005, 08:05 AM
posted by moonblaze

A big area with lots of platforms, walls, springs, ammo, carrots, a stupid bubble shield, a power up at the end of a warp target that is easy to camp. A couple of well known start positions.

I call it Battle1!

LOL :P

DarkJazz23
Apr 17, 2005, 12:46 AM
Uhm... Yeah... I guess...
Sorry I have nothing to do, no one is online and my server system doesn't work...
*Trying to think of a new game type, :lol:*

Joseph Collins
Apr 17, 2005, 01:02 AM
Assault the Flag Mode
Valid Modes: Capture the Flag
Requirements: Jazz Creation Station Map Editor
No, this idea didn't originate in Halo, although that's probably the most widely-recognized incarnation.(And I figured the way they titled it worked best for a title for this mode.)
Basically, it's Capture the Flag mode. . .with one minor alteration. Blue Team starts at the Red Base, and Red Team starts at the Blue Base. So in short, you have to break into your own base to score a point. This works well in Halo and ZDaemon(a source-port of Doom/Doom II), but I dunno how well it would work in Jazz Jackrabbit 2, though it's easy enough to do.(All it requires is Jazz Creation Station for v1.2x, honestly.) I guess, depending on the "level of ownage" being introduced into the mix, this mode would pretty much end up like normal Capture the Flag mode. But then, it might not. Imagine the surprise of being ambushed in your own base while waiting for your team to return your flag!

<INSERT Here Weapon>(Weapon of Choice)-Mania Mode
Valid Modes: Any!
Familiar with those oh-so-delicious "Rockets Arena" or "Sniper Rifle Only" modifications to games like Unreal Tournament and Quake? Though we can't make these modes in Jazz 2 as convenitionally as we could in various FPS games, this is another simple-to-make mode.
Make a map in JCS, but just make it so whenever someone spawns, they spawn their way through a couple of Power Up crates. Or even just a truckload of weapon pick-ups.(RF Missiles, Seekers, Toasters, etc.) This was done in one of the Capture the Flag maps in the Anniversary Bash VII Map Pack, in fact.
Valid Weaponry: Blaster, Bouncer, Seeker, RF Missile, Toaster, Pepper Spray, Electro Blaster, Flame Shield*, Aqua Shield*, Electric Shield*
Invalid Weaponry: Freezer, TNT
* = Probably a bad idea, honestly. They're, first and foremost, shields, afterall.

TNT Mania
Valid Modes: Battle(Suggested), Treasure(Just takes a while. . .), Race(I guess?)
Here's a unique idea that I doubt anyone has the patience for!
Make a small, semi-cramped room in JCS with a platform in the dead center. Stock it with nothing but TNT and make all the walls. Now. . . Spawn the players above the platform and make all the walls around the center platforms "Hurt". Why? So you can TNT your opponents off into oblivion!! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha. . .ha. . .yeah. There's be no way to tell who killed who, most likely. . . But, eh. I tried.

Olsen
Apr 17, 2005, 01:08 AM
Assault the Flag Mode
Valid Modes: Capture the Flag
No, this idea didn't originate in Halo, although that's probably the most widely-recognized incarnation.(And I figured the way they titled it worked best for a title for this mode.)
Basically, it's Capture the Flag mode. . .with one minor alteration. Blue Team starts at the Red Base, and Red Team starts at the Blue Base. So in short, you have to break into your own base to score a point. This works well in Halo and ZDaemon(a source-port of Doom/Doom II), but I dunno how well it would work in Jazz Jackrabbit 2, though it's easy enough to do.(All it requires is Jazz Creation Station for v1.2x, honestly.) I guess, depending on the "level of ownage" being introduced into the mix, this mode would pretty much end up like normal Capture the Flag mode. But then, it might not. Imagine the surprise of being ambushed in your own base while waiting for your team to return your flag!

<INSERT Here Weapon>(Weapon of Choice)-Mania Mode
Valid Modes: Any!
Familiar with those oh-so-delicious "Rockets Arena" or "Sniper Rifle Only" modifications to games like Unreal Tournament and Quake? Though we can't make these modes in Jazz 2 as convenitionally as we could in various FPS games, this is another simple-to-make mode.
Make a map in JCS, but just make it so whenever someone spawns, they spawn their way through a couple of Power Up crates. Or even just a truckload of weapon pick-ups.(RF Missiles, Seekers, Toasters, etc.) This was done in one of the Capture the Flag maps in the Anniversary Bash VII Map Pack, in fact.
Valid Weaponry: Blaster, Bouncer, Seeker, RF Missile, Toaster, Pepper Spray, Electro Blaster, Flame Shield*, Aqua Shield*, Electric Shield*
Invalid Weaponry: Freezer, TNT
* = Probably a bad idea, honestly. They're, first and foremost, shields, afterall.

TNT Mania
Valid Modes: Battle(Suggested), Treasure(Just takes a while. . .), Race(I guess?)
Here's a unique idea that I doubt anyone has the patience for!
Make a small, semi-cramped room in JCS with a platform in the dead center. Stock it with nothing but TNT and make all the walls. Now. . . Spawn the players above the platform and make all the walls around the center platforms "Hurt". Why? So you can TNT your opponents off into oblivion!! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha. . .ha. . .yeah. There's be no way to tell who killed who, most likely. . . But, eh. I tried.

Good ideas, although the last one will have zero gameplay. ;p GJ Though.

LittleFreak
Apr 17, 2005, 02:16 AM
I like the last one. :P

EDIT:

What about doing it with warps?

That way, everybody has to knock his enemies into the warps, the last dude in the arena wins.

blurredd
Apr 17, 2005, 04:48 AM
Assault the Flag should work fairly well in theory. And not much effort is needed to it get to work, so testing it out should be easy. I don't remember why I never made a level like that before though. If I make an ATF level, it'll probably just be an edited CTF level since I'm not too willing to make a brand new CTF/ATF level.

FQuist
Apr 17, 2005, 09:02 AM
Something that might work or might not, and will require heavy design probably:

<b>Handicap CTF</b>

Each time a team scores a point, the other team gets, using triggers, a boost of some sort in the form of a better base that is easier to defend, extra pickups or easier paths to their opponent's base, thus making it easier for the "weaker" team (the team that's behind on score) to score, and balancing the game so that even bad teams can give good teams a good match.

It seemed a good idea at the start, but the bad thing that will happen is that as the weaker team gets a boost, it will score more, and the level will become harder for them again. The handicap for the better team gets cancelled out after a while.

blurredd
Apr 17, 2005, 10:56 AM
This thread is reminding me of all the failed concept levels I've made. Handicap CTF reminds me of a gametype I once made (a team game I called it Overload) where the more you get roasted, the more powerups you get. And if you get roasted enough times you couldn't score any more points for the other team.

Anyway... Let me talk about Handicap CTF. I wouldn't say the Handicap getting cancelled out is a bad thing, especially if the teams are evenly matched. Detecting when a player scores is where I see the problem. The closest thing I can think of is placing the bases in tubes (a la Zerox (http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=2945)) and using team-based triggers and fancy stuff like that. So, for example, whenever a blue player goes through the red base's tube then the blue base's, red team gives blue team some benefit. You can image a player abusing this system by going back and force without the flag. I still like the idea of HCTF though. I just can't think of a good way to do it yet.

If only crates had an on/off option...

mikeejimbo
Apr 20, 2005, 02:37 PM
I had this interesting idea hosted in Treasure Hunt, where one person is started at the beginning of the level with the required number of gems, and everyone else starts at the end. Then the level is this long path, sort of like a race, and the object of the players without the gems is to assault the player with the gems to steal them and bring them back to the end. Obviously the player with the gems is trying to keep them and get the to the end. I called it "Convoy," after the CW McCall song.

LittleFreak
Apr 21, 2005, 04:11 AM
Interesting idea, someone should try that out, really. ^^

cooba
Apr 21, 2005, 05:36 AM
I suppose Handicap CTF would work if each team had got a certain person who would be able to capture the flag.

White Rabbit
Apr 21, 2005, 08:07 AM
Hmm, it would be more interesting if the convoy was actually a real convoy (a group of ppl). 3 well-armed ppl (the cruisers) could protect 1 lightly-armed person with the gems (the transport). The rest are in the wolf-pack. :)

BattleSpaz
Apr 21, 2005, 10:13 AM
hmm, i had these likes when i was younger and making noob levels and types.

one funny was a race with shields, so you will begin at beginning of the race, where is fire sields. you have to collect time and quickly get to end (on the way there is flamer only breakable walls) and then it would be one lap. it was a great mode, until i noticed that walls respawned too slowly.

mikeejimbo
Apr 21, 2005, 12:27 PM
Hmm, it would be more interesting if the convoy was actually a real convoy (a group of ppl). 3 well-armed ppl (the cruisers) could protect 1 lightly-armed person with the gems (the transport). The rest are in the wolf-pack. :)

I suppose it could be converted to that.

And @LittleFreak: I've actually begun making one.

Oh yes, and another one I had an idea for, but it's purely theoretical.

All right, you know those Customizable Fighting Classes levels someone came up with? I know Cracco has a few, but I don't know who came up with it originally. (Though I surmise that similar ideas have been developed independently by many people)

Anyway, in these CFC levels, everyone starts off with a certain number of coins, and they use them to "purchase" advantages in the level.

MY idea is that you would be able to take DISADVANTAGES in order to get more coins to spend on other things. For example I was thinking of an "almost blind" disadvantage, where the level's lighting is reduced a great deal for you.

FQuist
Apr 22, 2005, 08:43 AM
Base construction

This is regular CTF with a twist. Both teams start with a CTF base, and there are paths of sorts in the level. The level allows teams to improve their base using triggers. In what way is up to the level creator. A team could be made to collect coins that allow them to create improvements to their base like closing vulnerable entrances, adding turrets, make it easier for them to go from one place to another within their base, etcetera. Another example would be that the base contains large portions of "construct" blocks, destruct scenery that turns from unmasked into masked after a certain amount of shots, allowing teams to interactively build things.

Base destruction

This is the opposite of the previous type, in a way. The base of each team starts out very easily defendable and good, and teams can then work on deconstructing or destroying eachother's base using trigger crates or by destroying destruct/buttstomp/speed scenery. Think survivor combined with team fortress.

I typed these up fast, and my browser is bugged with edit windows so i'll just post them without fixing them up/making them have a good explaination.

LittleFreak
Apr 22, 2005, 08:45 AM
I like Quist's gamemodes, they sound fun aswell as possible. :)

And good luck to Mikejimbo. :D

cooba
Apr 22, 2005, 08:49 AM
Join blur's server.

LittleFreak
Apr 22, 2005, 08:50 AM
I'd like to. Too bad I can't.

White Rabbit
Apr 22, 2005, 12:33 PM
Hmm...Frank, you can call it SimCTF. :) Make a person mayor, and everyone has to pay taxes to him in order for them to be able to warp into a room and shoot down coins, which the mayor will use to buy stuff in a room only he can enter...or something like that.

FQuist
Apr 22, 2005, 02:37 PM
My idea for how to get the Handicap CTF concept working originally was something like this:

Every base is in a tube. Once a player goes through that tube, he grabs the flag and hits a crate, with ID 0 for example. Him hitting the crate closes the base. He also touches a trigger zone.

When the flag bearer of a team is killed, he dies, and he (somehow) hits the crate that opens the bases again..so that the other flag bearer can score. When scoring, the flag bearer hits a crate that adds the handicap, and opens all bases again.

And then Blur reminded me that teams are supposed to be able to regain the flag after they die. And also it's sort of late and I'm confused with my original idea. So ignore this.

LittleFreak
Apr 22, 2005, 11:13 PM
It would cause some problems though, because players could easily get stuck when the bases are closed.

@ WR: And how would that tax system work?

White Rabbit
Apr 23, 2005, 04:34 AM
Whoa, whoa, wait. I already explained it. The mayor cannot collect coins (triggers). Everyone else can. They go into coin warps (not available for mayor). There, they shoot coins down into a room only the mayor can enter. The mayor uses that money to enter a room only he can access, where he buys upgrades and defences for the base. It's a balance between economy, defence, spending and...er...blowing stuff up over at the enemy's base. :p

LittleFreak
Apr 23, 2005, 04:45 AM
Sounds neat. =o

WaterRabbit
May 5, 2005, 01:18 PM
Are people going to continue posting in this thread?

blurredd
May 5, 2005, 01:25 PM
Eventually.

DoubleGJ
May 5, 2005, 11:43 PM
Probably they're trying to do something with it and will post if they find something. Probably.

LittleFreak
May 6, 2005, 11:19 AM
YES! 8D

AMT
Jan 24, 2006, 08:04 AM
What about a sugar rush battle? The whole level needs to be nofire area and big amount of food there. Players need to touch other players to roast

cooba
Jan 24, 2006, 08:05 AM
What about a sugar rush battle? The whole level needs to be nofire area and big amount of food there. Players need to touch other players to roastStreet Fight.

wadledee
Jan 24, 2006, 01:01 PM
After I read all these replies, I've gotten some nice idea's :)
I guess the most know what ATB is. Assault The Base. And I don't mean Assault-levels, but CTF levels. It should be 2 levels: one with the blue team flag for the grab and the other for the red team flag. The idea is simple:
Team Red Assaults the Base
Team Red will start with a trigger ON, wich will give them entrance to their own base.
Team Blue won't start with a trigger, so they only can protect their own base (and the paths to it).
While Team Blue defends their base, inclusive all the roads, paths, sewers :), doors etc etc who lead people into their base, while Team Red tries to get in. Of course Blue gots some better weapons, and Red has to do it with less. As soon Red is at the BlueBase, he/she (or it) sneaks in and hopes to find the Flag, without being noticed. As soon he got it, he should run for his life, with loads of the Blue Team behind him. As soon he enters his base, Blue should know they lost. 2/4 points should make the teams change. The server should use that Controller or what it was to change the lvl if the game is roling to long.

Team Blue Assaults The Base
Now the roles have been changed, Team Blue will notice how hard it can be to get into that base :) Of course there are enough sneaking routes (you have even heard me saying "sewers", right?). Of course Red Team gets some better weapons and again, it's time to assault these cowards. Now Blue gots a trigger ON, wich will be letting only Blue someones in. Etc Etc, just like the text of when Red has to attack.

Shouldn't this be fun? I think so. Maybe I'll just make a betaLVL from this and see how it will turn out :)

And BTW, the idea's from FQuist(those construction and destruction), Mikeejimbo and the one from BlurredD sounds fun too.
And BoggyB, I think you have given me a new idea I think. If we make a SMALL level like the one from Kirby's Dream Fountain, and everybody gots TNT. You can't die, untill you will be blown from the lvl. You will hit a warp, wich will send you to a room, and you'll have to wait there untill everybody is out (or there has to be one left). It's like the Ground Force lvls, that you will be in a square sucker tube, and the lvl will go further untill the server gets that diamont and goes into the exit. Maybe this is a fun idea, for creating the BEST SSBM levels who are small to play with this :P :P :D

blurredd
Jan 24, 2006, 05:56 PM
Someone should really make an Assault the Flag level some time.

Grytolle
Jan 24, 2006, 10:14 PM
What's that, blur?

Pako
Jan 25, 2006, 07:06 AM
Someone should really make an Assault the *Base level some time. What's that, blur? This (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showpost.php?p=340338&postcount=51), next time read the another posts.
EDIT= Ow.

wadledee
Jan 25, 2006, 07:08 AM
I'm making some of the mentioned level types now, too see it works and it's fun...
Am I allowed anyway by the people who made fungametypes? These Base Construction and Base Destruction are funny too..

Grytolle
Jan 25, 2006, 01:13 PM
This (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showpost.php?p=340338&postcount=51), next time read the another posts.I asked about assault the Flag, (PA).

blurredd
Jan 25, 2006, 03:00 PM
Someone should really make an Assault the **Flag level some time.
...next time read the another posts.
In which case, see this post (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showpost.php?p=274741&postcount=24) from the previous page. The Assault the Base name just happened to remind me of Assault the Flag. (Weird, isn't it?) I admit I should've added more to my post though, since it didn't explain much for those who haven't read the entire thread.

Assaults the Base isn't a bad concept by the way.

Grytolle
Jan 25, 2006, 03:56 PM
Sounds a bit... sure try out and nvm me. :)

cooba
Jan 26, 2006, 06:07 AM
This just popped into my mind.

Team LRS

Both players on each time have a level-specific amount of lives. Once they lose their lives, they are unable to fight anymore. However, the scoring depends on how many players are on the victorious team, as in if there was one player left in the winning team, the whole team would get one point. If there were two players, the team would receive two points. Also, XLRS scoring could be implemented so that each time someone loses a life the opposite team gets a point, and if someone loses all his lifes, the opponents receive three (or also level specific) points.

wadledee
Jan 26, 2006, 02:48 PM
it could work that LRS..
Oh and is anyone in a good mood to try out Assault The Base? It isn't finished yet, but then we could test it if its ready. Its starting to look good :P I've never been that good at making Battle- and CTFlevels. This should be my second lvl wich will be hosted in CTF.

Stijn
Jan 28, 2006, 01:00 PM
Not trying to disappoint you, but there are dozens of Assault levels out already.

wadledee
Jan 29, 2006, 08:19 AM
yeah, but not Assault the base like mine. It isnt that you have to destruct some crates to open a port for a highly toxic... something (was it assault1.j2l?)

Stijn
Jan 30, 2006, 12:53 AM
It is, apart from the highly toxic something.

CrimiClown
Jan 30, 2006, 04:04 AM
Something I have thought of recently, it might work.

Team Ice Hockey.
Gametype: CTF or Treasure Hunt
Gameplay: You start off on a big field. In CTF, you stand on 'your side' of the field, in Treasure mode, you arrange teams (Also possible to recolour with JazzEd). In the middle, there's a turtle shell. On both sides of the field, there are 'goals'. In these goals are crates with a TNT event in them and a Trigger Crate. The shell will hit the crate and open a door. In there, there are two flag bases, so you can score immediately. In Treasure mode, there's a gem here.

The goal will look like this (Leftern goal):
. = air
B = Crate with a TNT in it.
C = Trigger Crate.

Maybe this would be a good gametype. I'll try to make such a level.

White Rabbit
Jan 30, 2006, 07:44 AM
This has already been invented, and it's called 'shellball'. It wouldn't be ice hockey since the players can't actually skate. :p

CrimiClown
Jan 30, 2006, 08:34 AM
This has already been invented, and it's called 'shellball'. It wouldn't be ice hockey since the players can't actually skate. :p
I'm always too late... =(

blurredd
Jan 30, 2006, 02:56 PM
I've seen various incarnations of team games using a shell (usually referred to as hockey or as soccer/football) and even made a level myself. Unfortunately, where the shell is in the level will always vary from client to client, so there's no way this or any similar concept could work properly.

Odin
Feb 11, 2006, 06:49 PM
Super Jazz Bros. Melee

Up to four players are in an Streetfight-style arena. The host randomly selects items to fall down from the sky (carrots, food, and crates to trigger TNT-bombs from the sky, a la Survivor). Each player has three "lives," after their use they cannot play, but are welcome to spectate.

Cheese
Feb 11, 2006, 07:12 PM
we could make a jazz spoof of animal crossing!
i don't know how that would work tho :P

wadledee
Feb 13, 2006, 04:02 AM
Crimiclown: I don't care the idea is old or not, the problem is if the shield is almost going in your goal, you always can 'save' him by buttstomping on it.

White Rabbit: I have seen an event called 'slide'. Maybe then you will 'skate' over the 'ice'?

Odin: The same idea I had by myself, but then the idea you have to blow each other off the lvl with tnt. But your idea sounds better... =S

Cheese: ever heard of Ogi City (www.ogi.here.ws) and Carrot Islands (www.ci.here.ws)?

Well, that was it for today. And btw, I don't know why I've never said this, but does anyone know about the SOSeries? Most of the people who visit my site will know about it. Why haven't I put 'RPG Jazzing' in this list?

Space Operation Series (or shortly SOS) are using this, and it works!

Dermo
Jun 4, 2007, 12:45 PM
Jazz Commander: You, Spaz, and Lori act like a team of army men. You command Lori and Spaz as your two soldiers. So you could tell Lori to hold position, and tell Spaz to follow you, and then tell Lori to go in for an assault. You could also switch leaders and stuff. First to die loses. Spaz and Lori could also have a set number of lives and stuff.

Juggernaut Mode: (not my idea) Bullets do double as much damage, they are twice as big (that would involve editing clients j2a files which would be nearly impossible). He can also run faster (2x client speed hack shouldn't be that tough). The juggernaut gets like 30 seconds and everybody has 1 health and the juggernaut kills as many rabbits as possible in that 30 seconds. Then it rotates to another rabbit.

Dodge Bullet: Shoot the rabbits. When the rabbit gets shot he gets warped and becomes one of the shooters.

Cops and Robbers: Rabbits start out with a chosen amount of coins. Every time they get tagged they lose a coin. When they run out of money they become a cop or have to continue to tag other players until they get a coin back and then they try not to be shot at/tagged.

Pit Fall: Random triggers hit at any random time never repeating the same cycle, causing rabbits to fall through the floor. When floors open, other rabbits try to shoot their enemies down. Last rabbit standing wins.

Musical Chairs: That shouldn't have to be explained and you probably wouldn't need to modify jj2 to do that, you'd just need to make a level with lots of triggers (which I may work on when school's out).

Need more ideas but i'm presenting these because personally, I've lost all interest in Jazz Jackrabbit 2 and I think stuff like this would make it more interesting. I will add more ideas as they get posted.

Radium
Jun 4, 2007, 04:46 PM
... Don't we already have a thread for this?Your <i>mom</i> has a thread for this.

I always thought Team Survivor would be fun, though it's probably been done.

TheKax
Jun 25, 2007, 06:57 AM
Aah! What an idea!

Warbase
Mode: CTF
Rules: It's almost like onslaught (where you capture the nodes), but you don't need to capture those nodes, capturing them just gives you advantages like:
- Ammo
- Better base
- Warps
- Anything the levelmaker thinks!
It's actually normal CTF for the rest part of rules. I'm actually making one of these...

For extra twist, you can give each player a role (like in jazz team fortress), I'll include this in my level. The other players can be hardly armed war-rabbits and the others flagholders, so players have to protect the weak flagholder!

Birdie
Jun 25, 2007, 02:04 PM
I actually made some onslaught levels already, if you want I'll send them to you or something.

Dermo
Jun 25, 2007, 02:15 PM
your ONS levels owned i'll give you that

Odin
Jun 27, 2007, 05:08 AM
hey I remember a while back I came up with Super Smash Rabbits

anyone ever follow up on it?

StNick
Jun 27, 2007, 05:18 AM
hey I remember a while back I came up with Super Smash Rabbits

anyone ever follow up on it?
Look at Pako's signature ;)
If he didn't work on it, I would!

Jerrythabest
Jun 27, 2007, 10:10 AM
Fall of death
-You start at the top of a really really tall level with small bunches of ammo, and you fall.
-On some places are vanishing tiles, so that you may stop falling for a second.
-The level's horizontal size may change or the path may have curves (horizontally), but there should always be belt events on surface tiles, so that you can't just stand still, and these belts should be faster than running speed, so that you'll have to jump or else you'll start falling again. There may be wind events above the belts as well, so that jumping has no effect either.
-If there are any springs in the level, these should be made that way, that they'll flash (can be done by using MCE's and belts). This way it's never entirely sure that you can stay on one spring.
-There may be sucker tubes sending you up or down.
-There should be some secret places where you recieve powerups or carrots, like a tiny one tile wide passage on the edge of the level. I recommend not to use 'walled powerups' which you need to get with bouncers or electro blasters, as you must remember we are falling really fast.
-There may be some ceiling springs that will dramatically limit your control.
-Horizontal springs can be really useful to bounce players from one side of the level to the other, which will make it less likely they land on a surface, which would slow them down.
-Freeze pickups may be used to take people completely out of control (no shooting, no steering, no jumping, ...).
-Players can be 'trapped'. You can do this by making a sucker tube event that holds the player for a few seconds. Everyone passing by may be able to shoot the player and score a point.
-Players falling faster can be slowed down by adding destructable tiles or trigger crates. This way you can bring everyone together again.
-Levels should have all kinds of ammo. Faster falling players will need slow ammo like seekers or pepper spray to hit the others, slower falling players will need bouncers to shoot players that have fallen faster. Electro blasters are useful if you split up the level into two paths with a small wall in bedween. Freezers may be used to slow down players falling at the same speed as you do. RF can be very useful to bounce off walls or to go down faster (or slower (or even up) if you double jump) in narrow parts. Toasters can be very useful if you are one of the faster fallers as people above you will need to dodge your line of fire. TNT can be used to slow down people in narrow parts.

Level types
-Battle mode (Battle): the level should have warps back to higher parts of the level and should end in a line of warps (preferably with different IDs).
-LRS mode (Battle): The level starts in a circle sucker tube with a door that gets closed as soon as one gets 'sucked' through it (with a trigger crate). In front of the door, the sucker tube should wait a second to prevent multiple people from going through. The player that went through the door will be put in a small no fire zone-room with a trigger crate to open up the rooms floor and another door in the circle tube, so that people will get warped into the level all at once. The level should end in a fighting arena with ammo and one or two important powerups available (not all powerups, players should just make sure they don't run out of ammo if they have a powerup that is not in the fighting arena). The killed players should be put in a sucer tube, preferably near the fighting arena so they can see a part of it. Last player to survive wins the game.
-Treasure mode (Treasure): There should be diamonds in the level too. The level must end in a line of warps. Just above the line of warps, there should be a line of EOL events. First one to reach the bottom of the level with the required amount of diamonds wins.
-Team mode (CTF): The teams should start seperted. The blue team box has a door like in GroundForce levels to start the game. At the start, all blue players are being sucked to a Red base and vice versa. In the level, there should be several places (two or three) where a player can get the flag of the opposite team (they must be warped to the base and then warped back to where they came from, this can be done by using a trigger zone in front of the warp to the base that puts a solid block (a 'closed door') inside the sucker tube, so that the player will fall down. The block must then be removed with another trigger zone, and the player will be warped back to the correct place). It's important they will be sent to the enemy base, this can be done with a trigger zone just after the starting point. The bottom of the level should have a sucker tube that sends the players to their own bases. If a team scores (or if a team reaches the needed score) the level is over. If not, the players will start at the top of the level again.
-Race mode (Treasure): The players should start in a GroundForce-type box with a door so that one player may start the game by hitting a crate. The level should end in a line of EOL events with a lot of diamonds just above it. The first one to reach the bottom wins.
-Multi-lap race mode (Treasure): The players should start in a GroundForce-type box with a door so that one player may start the game by hitting a crate. The level should end in a warp line that sends the players into a tube that sets their personal lap count using trigger zones. Then, they should be warped back to the level. After the last lap has been finished, the tube should send the player to some diamonds and an EOL event. The first player to reach the needed lap count wins.

You may want to end a Race mode level with a podium for the fastest three players. The fourth should hit an EOL event in a room full of diamonds, under the winner's place. If there are less than four players the winner should be able to end the level too, preferably by shooting a (really really strong) destructable wall tile next to him with a trigger crate on top of it that opens the floor under the winner, so that he falls in the 'endroom' to end the level. It's fun to give the first player to finish one gem, the second two and the third three, so that the player list shows who won. This system is hard to explain here, just find an online race level with a podium and see how it's done.

Sources
-Inspired by Race 2.
-GroundForce concept by ET AKA Alien.
-Podium system I described is based on one I saw in some race levels, but I'm not sure who designed it first.
-Batteries in my keyboard are made by Top Craft, thank you for making batteries that contain enaugh energy to write all this.

RRowns.

Cpp
Jun 27, 2007, 10:41 AM
BCE: Bring a Crystal to the End.
I made this game type a while ago where you are supposed to pass an obstacle course with lots of SCE weapons shooting at you. The whole thing is hosted in treasure mode and you must successfully bring a gem to the finish line to win. The SCE guns can empty your purse rather quickly and should you fall down from the platforms, it's all over from the beginning for you. The main reason for this game type was to try and make SCE's somehow useful.
Original thread: http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=2611
Woah, that was in year 2001!

Jerrythabest
Jun 27, 2007, 12:08 PM
I think I'm going to make a level for each of my gametype's styles next Friday or so =)

Valco
Jul 27, 2007, 07:16 AM
This thread was dieing, so I bumped it up. It's a good thread after all.

Valco
Jul 27, 2007, 07:26 AM
I'm current'y designing a level that's a combination of robbery, base construction, and CTF.

You start in your base, and have to get around through the back windows of you and the other teams' base to steal the flag and money. You can then score a point and, wwith the money you stole, buy upgrades for your base OR speed up your capture time by launching yourself through a cannon into the room above the other team's flag, but you can only use your cannon, and only one time per purchase, so you still have to run through the other teams' base to get back. The more coins you steal, the better upgrades you can get, like opening a weapon trench for just your team, and closing 2 of the 3 back windows.

Most of the idea is already in operation, but I still have to deal with some annoying trigger glitches.

Dermo
Jul 27, 2007, 08:37 AM
Jazz Commander: You, Spaz, and Lori act like a team of army men. You command Lori and Spaz as your two soldiers. So you could tell Lori to hold position, and tell Spaz to follow you, and then tell Lori to go in for an assault. You could also switch leaders and stuff. First to die loses. Spaz and Lori could also have a set number of lives and stuff.

That's my idea. Btw please don't double post.

Valco
Jul 28, 2007, 08:13 AM
How could a level like that be built?

Jerrythabest
Aug 17, 2007, 05:38 AM
Work on the first FoD level (see previous page) is going smoothly, it's a battle level.

cooba
Jun 26, 2008, 10:19 AM
<strong>Team Roast Tag</strong>

Two teams fight for Eva's Ring. The player who is "it" is supposed to make as many kills as possible, before his ring is stolen by someone from the opposing team. The ring could also be passed between team mates. Bottom feeders are not featured in this gametype.

Scoring:
Killing when "it": 1, 2, 3... points per roast
Killing "it": 3 points
Killing regular players: 0 points

Irregularities: Would require more start/maxhealth than 3.

Jerrythabest
Jul 3, 2008, 03:13 AM
Sounds very fun indeed. I wonder if this is technically possible, it would be great fun if it were.

Stijn
Jul 3, 2008, 03:24 AM
The problem is that the Hidden can just stand still (no trail) and remain unnoticed until someone bumps into him, though seekers would still work.

Nice idea!

Ragnarok!
Jul 3, 2008, 05:36 AM
Sounds great if you ask me. Like a mix of AN and RT kinda. Well, in my head. Probably /nocarrots on if you want no car-camping and HFK to give 1 health back per kill only for the hidden.

Hmm, I had this idea...
This is to be played as battle, with 3h on all. Well basically all of the players would start off white (like in Roast Tag) but they would not be able to shoot eachother at all (like when someone has the ring in roast tag). So basically, the level has a battle-like layout, probably no carrots but with lots of food. The concept would be to get Sugar Rush, then your name would change colour to yellow or there would be some sort of sign that you have Sugar Rush, maybe even an alert from text... I dunno, be creative. Okay well, once someone is "yellow" you can actually fight them. Sugar rush lasts for 20 seconds and basically, you can kill eachother, except, only powerups effect the yellow person (just to make it a bit more powerful) and also, the sugarrush touch = instant kill (3 damage). Every kill made with sugar rush would be an additional 15 seconds to your rush, giving you more time to kill. Each kill would be a point, a spree would be 3, and everypoint thereafter would be two, increasing after by one each set of 5 kills spree message thing. Also, the only way of getting health back would be to have sugar rush and to make kills (or alternatively kill someone with sugar rush), HFK on if you didn't get it Anyway, killing a person with sugar rush (only doable with powerups) would give you 2 points. Also, there can be more than one person with sugar rush at the same time, just to make it a bit more accessible and fun.

Would need some sort of prog/hax though, and I dunno if people will like it after the roast tag fiasco last night.

JJ2 needs this as a gametype: http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showpost.php?p=313128&postcount=353

Eigus
Jul 3, 2008, 08:51 AM
Another random idea regarding that mode: A radar guy who has weaker weapons but can see an arrow pointing to the Hidden and can also get "The Hidden is currently at position X:Y" messages every minute. The point is that the Radar guy guides his team towards the Hidden so they can eliminate him.

<3

awesome idea, hunter

Nonomu198
Jul 3, 2008, 01:03 PM
class based

Heavy Weapons Guy in JJ2. I can see it. No wait, it blew my mind.

Troglobite
Jul 4, 2008, 07:39 PM
How about a game where one person is the killer and everyone else are citizens. The killer and citizens all look the same. The killer's goal is to kill everyone else without being discovered. Everyone else's goal is to figure out who the killer is. If a citizen kills another citizen by accident, he will automatically die for picking the wrong person. There has to be something that prevents everyone from sticking together and seeing every kill. It's like a murder mystery.

JangoCF
Sep 6, 2008, 04:45 AM
How about this: It's hosted in battle mode. One person is it. Only the person that is it can score points. Everyone else who isn't it has to roast the person who is it to become it. 1 point for every roast and some number of points for killing whoever is it. Ask EvilMike, Dizzy, or Syntax for more details. Alright, so this isn't my idea, but it'll make a comeback sooner or later.

New idea: It's a timed team game. Everyone has 1 heart but 5 lives. Each player has a choice of weapons at the start, and the game is played in an arena filled with No Fire Zones. Also, each team has a leader who starts with a shield, and roasting the leader equals five points. I call it "Timed Extended Last Street Fighter Standing + Assassinstagib," or TELSFSA for short. I'm still working on the name.
Wow. YOU invented RT? That`s pretty cool. Oh, wait, it sais you didn`t come up with it. Ah, nevermind. TELSFSA sounds good...

FawFul
Sep 25, 2008, 03:33 AM
Team Hold the flag.

there are 2 teams just like CTF and one flag point. first, they have to get the flag from the flag point. every 5 seconds they hold it (the team) makes a team score. If the flagholder dies the flag respawns at the flag point and the teams can re-cap the flag again.
OR the flag stays where the flagholder died died to pick it up again.

Hold the flag.

Same system as above but then invidual.

Infiltration.

Like CTF, but one team(blue) has to defend their flag and the other team(red) only has to cap and score. blue team gets 1 point every 5 seconds.
red team gets 20 points by capping and scoring.
NOTE: If the flag is capped makes the blue team out off score-system. that means that the blue team won't get points every 5 seconds when flag isn't at base.

i don't know if this is possible tough, it's a suggestion.

hope you like it.. atleast.. if you understand what i am saying here.

Note: if somebody already thought off these gametypes, it wasn't my idea to steal it. I just didn't read the whole thread here.

i am so sucky in thinking off gametypes :S

Raven aka StL
Sep 25, 2008, 03:38 AM
"Flagtag" for the first one.

And the latter sounds quite complicated and I don't think it'd be successful.
But the 'Hold the flag' stuff sounds somewhat nice and interesting.

FawFul
Sep 25, 2008, 03:44 AM
flagtag?

Odin
Oct 12, 2008, 04:39 PM
Juggernaut (requires JJ2+)

The game runs in Battle mode, with one player as the Juggernaut. The Juggernaut regenerates health after killing and has infinite ammo (however, he cannot eat carrots). The Juggernaut gains 1 point for every roast. Whoever roasts the Juggernaut gains 5 points. The game continues until the Juggernaut dies or the Juggernaut survives for a set time (default 5 minutes). Whoever kills the Juggernaut becomes the Juggernaut next round. If the Juggernaut survives, the next Juggernaut is picked among the non-Juggs (weighted so that players with higher scores have a higher chance). In this way, players are rewarded for effort by given the title of Juggernaut.

Varkarrus
Oct 28, 2008, 04:11 PM
None of the players can hurt each other, but less hp bosses spawn at random points. You encounter one, you fight it. You beat it? You get a kill.

If you die, you lose 3 kills. If you beat a boss, you get a powerup that weakens your enemies.

First to get enough kills wins.

Raven aka StL
Oct 29, 2008, 03:03 AM
Sounds extremely hard - impossible to make...
And even if it was made, I think it'd be a waste of effort, since it wouldn't get played.

It's always more fun to compete against other players directly.

Troglobite
Oct 29, 2008, 04:54 PM
How about a slow race?
It would be played in CTF.
Each player would have to start at a diffrent point, and fall through a flag, capturing it, then a number of coins. Each person would have to get a diffrent number of coins.
Then, every one would warp into a course full of wind, belts, sucker tubes, and springs, which would force them towards the finish. The finish would be a bunch of diffrent warps, starting with the one requiring most coins, and decreasing slowly after that. This would be set up so each person ends up warping into a diffrent tunnel with a flag base the same color as the flag they had already picked up. When you touch a flag base with a flag the same color as the one you're holding the other team gets a point. (at least with jj2+) Therefore, a team's score would equal the number of players on the other team who hit the finish. Which ever team could prevent too many people on their team from reaching the finish for longest would win.

Jozsi NN
Oct 30, 2008, 07:39 AM
oh this is simple, we have own gametype too.

jump: (15 jump levels now) It is simple, u need only use yuor jumping skills, and complete a level.
it is recomend to Spaz! we meet more than 7 jumping styles.

Escape:(15 levels too). U need to use your brain to escape for example from a prison.

survival:(3 levels now): it's NOT Escape, and not Battle. U need to play it in treasure.
it's working like zone fight. Zones include cosines with delay and u need to fight for the zone, and stand into to pick up money. When u have enough cash u searc the warp, and warping into the gem warehous and pich thom up and find exit... (it's sounds complicated, but it is simple.)

Thet's all!:)

SPAZ18
Oct 30, 2008, 08:36 AM
Escape: (15 levels too). U need to use your brain to escape for example from a prison.

Couldn't that just be done in Assault?

Raven aka StL
Oct 30, 2008, 11:16 AM
Maybe he/she doesn't know assault and whatnot.

Puffie40
Nov 13, 2008, 04:10 PM
How about team single player?

kind of the same idea as assault and co-op, but without the defenders. A level has the team split up, perform several separate task, then rejoin as a team to take on a central objective.

plunK
Nov 13, 2008, 05:39 PM
I would like Invasion. Monsters spawn at random points, each player has one life. Monsters come in waves. As long as one person survives each wave everyone respawns for the next wave, etc.

FawFul
Nov 18, 2008, 06:51 AM
Gladiator:, lots off baddies..regain roasts if they defeat bad guys. if an player defeats another player.. then he loses 5 roasts, if an bad guys defeats you then you lose 15 roasts. can also be played as an LRS or teammatch.

Ragnarok!
Dec 28, 2008, 03:40 PM
Ok I have a gametype.

Imagine this:

FR and DOM morphed together. No team has a base, there'd obviously be a central point from which you'd get the flag from however. What you need to do is occupy the CPs, and with whichever CP you have, the flagholder will have to get to the CP. Now, the CP would act like a base if you have it occupied, so therefore the flagholder needs to touch the CP, and would score. With the CPs, like in DOM, you'd gain points, but you'd gain say, 50x as many if you score with the flag. Anyone like it?

Eigus
Dec 29, 2008, 12:22 AM
Sounds good Rag : D

Raven aka StL
Dec 29, 2008, 01:36 PM
Multiple gamemodes in one usually means it's pretty chaotic and a whole lot less about skill or strategies. Not a terrible idea, though.

Leus AKA Simba
Jan 11, 2009, 02:10 PM
I dunno if it's been suggested yet, but what about something like Team Fortress? The medic could have a certain gun that would open passages to carrots or something... And the scout could have a bunch of fast feet but have to get hurt like twice to get them so he has low health... I dunno, sounds like it could possibly work to me.

Valco
Jan 11, 2009, 02:53 PM
slow race
:rolleyes:

Violet CLM
Jan 11, 2009, 04:17 PM
Fast Feet don't actually do anything.

Leus AKA Simba
Jan 11, 2009, 05:15 PM
Seriously? Damn...

blurredd
Jan 11, 2009, 07:46 PM
I dunno if it's been suggested yet, but what about something like Team Fortress? The medic could have a certain gun that would open passages to carrots or something... And the scout could have a bunch of fast feet but have to get hurt like twice to get them so he has low health... I dunno, sounds like it could possibly work to me.

There were attempts to make those kinds of levels under the name Jazz Team Fortress, but with varying success. Click here (http://www.jazz2online.com/jdc/levels.php?ext=oldeventlevels/JTF/) to see a few. I made the last three levels, though Roastathon JTF isn't really a Team Fortress level since players can't actually choose their class. EvilMike made an insane level making use of coins, triggers, and TNT for special tasks and routes. It was pretty interesting, but he didn't include it on JDC for some reason. It wouldn't be hard to make a medic class or some form of a scout so you're welcome to try it yourself.

The last time I tried to make a JTF level I scrapped the idea and made it a Jailbreak level instead. It was a good decision.

cooba
Jan 12, 2009, 02:19 AM
A long time ago I had a JTF level with a working Medic class. It basically relied on one guy freezing a spring so that others would go heal. It's nothing complicated, but that way of playing a Medic sounds questionably fun (hence why I've never finished the level).

n0
Jan 12, 2009, 01:52 PM
Here's an idea. Build a level around a single base with both flags. The only way into the base is if four (or pick a number) teammates from the same team hop in tubes. If all four make it in the tubes, triggers open the doors and you score a point or maybe four. If less than four make it in the tubes, they are sitting ducks for the other team.

It would encourage squad-based gameplay and make things more tactical. You might want to make it release teams all at the same time as well, to further encourage sticking together.

Pretty sure you would need to force trigger zones to the client for this to be possible.

EvilMike
Jan 12, 2009, 02:26 PM
EvilMike made an insane level making use of coins, triggers, and TNT for special tasks and routes. It was pretty interesting, but he didn't include it on JDC for some reason.

It's because the level never worked :P

I've made 2 or 3 JTF levels. The one with triggers is the only one I put any effort into, but unfortunately the system tended to glitch after a while, so I abandoned it.

TechnoPauluz
Jan 13, 2009, 01:21 PM
I am currently finishing a brand new game type that I called Super Frogging!

Every player in the game does start as an frog. (This does work with some tricky tricks and a very smooth warp system that gets away latejoiners and get ride of non-movers :D)

The goal is simple, killing other players and score X points, but...

In frog form you can't do anything (exept when having sugar rush) so first you need to Morph back in Jazz, Spaz or Lori... this can be done by: Collecting 10 coins and get to the warp or getting sugar rush and stomp a morph crate...

Coins can be get with the frogs Tongue attack that goes through walls or by collecting triggers that give u acces to some coins.

Food can be collected of the trees and plants or by getting a food trigger set and get a whole bunch of food :D

Ok, you think that the frog is helpless when he gets the full attack but the levels contains special frog (save) zone's so you might escape from death. If Jazz enters that tranparant zone he will be a frog again so that isn't interesting. He always can hit the hiding frog on other ways so standing still is deadly :P

There sereval bouncy & toaster powerups in the level but the Jazz++ command weakpowerups needs to get on ;)

Very common to are Morph crates, Shields (that only a sugar rushed frog can get!!) and some chances of healing by hitting carrot barrels in jazz sugar rush or tongue attack barrels in frog sugar rush form...

If ur morphed back in your normal form than you can go killing! If u roast someone than you will die to! >:) (/frustration on) This command is crusial in the game because it will bring in 2 fresh frogs ;)

This is the most advanced jazz level I ve ever made and the level itself is complete and very very lot of tested by myself, I am working on 1 training level and 2 explenation levels that make the gameplay easy to understand for anyone. (I hope so...)

I think that Ill make a forum post this week to ask for beta testers if ur alreaddy interested than PM me :)

I will add some screenies on the "tell what levels your buildïng topic"

(yes my English didn't get better since someone did mess up my wish :rolleyes:)

Troglobite
Jan 17, 2009, 07:33 PM
I built a level with a semi-new gametype. Scoring and everything are just played CTF style, but each team starts in a room full or power-ups. Nothing in this room respawns. After someone has picked the weapons they want, they can leave the room and enter the normal battle field, but will be prevented from re-entering the ammo room by triggers, unless they die. How ever they will be able to enter a slow, delayed tube to the other team's ammo room. If they aren't killed on the way up the tube, they can ransack the other team's ammo room, and steal whatever they want. This will add a few more elements of strategy. Teams will have to choose their weapons wisely each time they die, and will have to defend the ammo. I could use beta-testers. PM me if interested.

shaney
Jan 25, 2009, 02:47 AM
2 teams going head to head in an epic battle to finish there Car-Rod in the shop

2 shops , parts cost money so u need to find money , bank the money to build ur Car-Rod , everything costs money , even the small parts of the Car-Rods , it will seem easy but it will be a great rivalery

to be played in CTF , Game style Carrotise My Ride

CrimiClown
Jan 25, 2009, 03:02 AM
2 teams going head to head in an epic battle to finish there Car-Rod in the shop

2 shops , parts cost money so u need to find money , bank the money to build ur Car-Rod , everything costs money , even the small parts of the Car-Rods , it will seem easy but it will be a great rivalery

to be played in CTF , Game style Carrotise My Ride

Just when you thought the hotel period ended.

shaney
Jan 25, 2009, 03:15 AM
Just when you thought the hotel period ended.

this aint like a hotel , this is faster , btw the hotel period just shifted to carrotshire right

im thinking race and u got one warp only coin warps so u know u dont buy same thing every damn time

shaney
Jan 25, 2009, 03:26 AM
Gametype combination Bankrobbery / Assault

well just imagine bankrobbery , when u cant even get to the safe , and when the safe is cracked u need to run like hell with ur coins and hope not to die , score X points and win

Troglobite
Feb 26, 2009, 06:56 PM
Massacre: The inverse of Assassination. Each team is confined to their side, except for the leader, who gets better weapons than everyone else, and goes to the other side, killing as many non-leaders as possible.

Vulcan
Jul 31, 2009, 02:47 AM
where do i start from if i want to????

Troglobite
Jul 31, 2009, 04:22 PM
where do i start from if i want to????

Start out with an idea. If you don't have any ideas for a new gametype, I suggest thinking of something which could be challenging, then deciding how people could get points from it. Also, look outside of Jazz for inspiration. Other games often have exciting gamemodes, and sometimes you can steal ideas from non-videogames. For example, my entry for the Revenge of the Single Screen CTF (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=18348) contest. It can be downloaded alone here (http://www.mediafire.com/?jgyyylybsdw) or with all the other entries here (http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=5602).

Jerrythabest
Aug 1, 2009, 01:51 PM
Now THAT is giving spam posts a purpose.

Troglobite
Aug 1, 2009, 08:07 PM
Now THAT is giving spam posts a purpose.

If it has a purpose, does it remain spam?

Anyway, my post was more of an add for TrogRPS.j2l than anything else.

KiMO
Aug 2, 2009, 12:20 AM
Name: Test elimination
Number of players: 12 (6 blue, 6 reds)
Game Mode: CTF
Duration: 10 minutes
Description: In the game, the shooting will not be allowed. You will play a test with 12 levels, one for all. You don't must to be warped (never) or you will be automatically eliminated and put on spectate mode. The all levels will be equal at the hard mode. The team with the most competitors who arent spectating will win.

Raven aka StL
Aug 2, 2009, 01:48 PM
The team with the most competitors who arent spectating will win.

So if u don't do crap, you win? That's brilliant.

I do get what you meant partially though, but wouldn't it be better if you had to beat increasingly hard lvls, and the lvl numbers for players would be tallied to a team-score when the timer runs out to determine the winner? (Using auto-stop)

You could also make the tests possible to finish in the time limit and at the end there would be a warp to a room where those who finish the test could duke it out to, either zero/half those opponents' scores, or to increase their team's score.

Just in case this is taken up, it should be called "Test-TB".

Jerrythabest
Aug 2, 2009, 03:11 PM
I do get what you meant partially though, but wouldn't it be better if you had to beat increasingly hard lvls, and the lvl numbers for players would be tallied to a team-score when the timer runs out to determine the winner? (Using auto-stop)

Hmm, this could work. Sounds fun. Whether or not hitting the warps should eliminate you remains an option for the level designer.

dermo529
Aug 2, 2009, 08:09 PM
Hey could a "field of judgement" type option be added to plus that spawns monsters that just fall on you pretty much nonstop. Sort of like IDK random bosses and enemies stuff?

And the person who dies *last* wins? I'm not sure about that.

Or building off of his idea, team boss fight where two teams duke it out on random boss fights first team to defeat their boss wins. But could you possible double/tripple/quadrouple the bosses' health so games last a while?

Jerrythabest
Aug 3, 2009, 01:24 AM
Hmm, you could also make team boss fight like this:
-Some predefined bosses in some predefined order will be spawned one after the other. New bosses may come in new rooms that were designed for that boss. All bosses should be much weaker than they are normally.
-After that a 'bonus round' begins, spawning a lot of normal enemies. After the bonus round, the bonus should be awarded. You'll need some kind of performance meter, possibly a timer, to determine the size of the prize. The bonus could include ammo, power ups, carrots and even one or two full energy carrots for very quick teams.
-Then, the bosses you defeated earlier will be spawned one after the other again, but this time with a higher difficulty.
-As the difficulty rises further, the rooms you are playing in may get harder by adding (or removing) walls, collapse/destruct/trigger scenery or even some normal enemies. You could also rise JJ2's internal difficulty setting, as it manipulates some bosses. Or at least one, as I know the queen boss works differently on other difficulty settings.

dermo529
Aug 3, 2009, 11:32 AM
We shall call this gametype Field of Judgement. I like it. Thank for the improvements and clarification, Jerry :D

Jerrythabest
Aug 3, 2009, 03:42 PM
Now 'someone' go implement it into JJ2+ :D

Lithium
Aug 7, 2009, 11:40 AM
Crazy Run

There are two teams on a map full of pits,traps.mazes and puzzles. One team has to defend the map while the other team needs to pass all obstacles and other team members. At the end there are bases and they can score. Everyone from the team can get one powerup he wants. The defending team needs to stop people until the timelimit expires. Then the teams change,the running team now defends and defending team now "runs".

Violet CLM
Aug 7, 2009, 03:56 PM
Assault?

Raven aka StL
Aug 8, 2009, 04:14 AM
No kidding.

PurpleJazz
Aug 8, 2009, 06:09 AM
Name: Greed
Objective: Killing an enemy player makes them drop one gem. Collect the gems and take them to the enemy base. The amount of gems you have is shown in a number above your head. Killing a player who has already collected gems will make them drop all their gems plus one. For example, if you kill a player who has collected five gems, they will drop six because of the one they have by default. Touching the enemy base will convert however many gems you were carrying into points. Would be played in CTF levels, with the CTF bases acting as the scoring areas. Basically a mix of TB and CTF except even more twisted.

Yes, it's mostly taken from UT3, but I'd still like it if it was coded into a future version of JJ2+.

Ragnarok!
Aug 8, 2009, 06:34 AM
Why would you need to hold onto gems, it's just a risky strategy with no benefit then isn't it? *rant*

CrimiClown
Aug 8, 2009, 06:51 AM
Why would you need to hold onto gems, it's just a risky strategy with no benefit then isn't it? *rant*

Besides that, if you have one gem by default, shouldn't you cash it immediately?

PurpleJazz
Aug 8, 2009, 06:54 AM
Besides that, if you have one gem by default, shouldn't you cash it immediately?

No, the default gem isn't usuable, it's just what is dropped after you die. Else, how is anyone going to get any gems in the first place?

CrimiClown
Aug 8, 2009, 07:10 AM
No, the default gem isn't usuable, it's just what is dropped after you die. Else, how is anyone going to get any gems in the first place?

<s>place gems in the level</s> Yeah didn't think that one out.

Jerrythabest
Aug 8, 2009, 03:13 PM
You could place bonus gems in the level anyway. You could also add a coin warps to a regenerating (maybe even blue) gem in a sucker tube or the scoring area/base.

Another random thought:
Applying more than 1 damage to a player at once -> steal one of his gems (if he has any). Or steal one gem on normal damage and 2 gems on higher damage. Just to keep the gems moving while no-one dies for a while.

Yes, this sounds good. Somewhat like Team Treasure Hunt.

djazz
Aug 9, 2009, 01:16 PM
I've been trying out the gametype TeamRace lately

Name: Team Race
Number of players: 2 minimum, higher is better.
Duration: Any
Max score: about 10-20 depending on level size and amount of players

Description: The teams starts in each room, it contain TNTs and Frostbiters. After a countdown the rooms doors opens and let the players to the race.
The goal with the race is to run to the end and into the team-specific warp, and you do a normal flag score, fall into the pit so that you lose any ammo, and resets your health.
You are covered in your start room thanks to team triggers, and it got a warp to the turrets placed over the race level, so that you can shoot opponents running in the level. When you want to leave the turret, do suicide by jump into the pit, so you lose your ammo.
The small turret rooms contains Electro Blaster PUs and Full NRG carrots. The turret rooms is mainly to slow down the other team by hurt them.
There are carrots placed over the level so you can heal if you got hurt. A good start/max health is 5.

Limits: Because it's flag scoring, two players can enter the scoring system and grab the flag at the same moment, that's why you fall in the pit when scored, so you lose the flag if you held it. The best would be that you got warped back to your starting room and that the warp setlap increase the team's score.

Please comment this gametype concept!

plunK
Aug 9, 2009, 01:24 PM
Name: Greed
Objective: Killing an enemy player makes them drop one gem. Collect the gems and take them to the enemy base. The amount of gems you have is shown in a number above your head. Killing a player who has already collected gems will make them drop all their gems plus one. For example, if you kill a player who has collected five gems, they will drop six because of the one they have by default. Touching the enemy base will convert however many gems you were carrying into points. Would be played in CTF levels, with the CTF bases acting as the scoring areas. Basically a mix of TB and CTF except even more twisted.

Yes, it's mostly taken from UT3, but I'd still like it if it was coded into a future version of JJ2+.

This one in UT3 was pretty fun, but of the unreal gametypes id much prefer Betrayal.

Foly
Aug 10, 2009, 09:00 AM

Description: The teams starts in each room, it contain TNTs and Frostbiters. After a countdown the rooms doors opens and let the players to the race.
The goal with the race is to run to the end and into the team-specific warp, and you do a normal flag score, fall into the pit so that you lose any ammo, and resets your health.
You are covered in your start room thanks to team triggers, and it got a warp to the turrets placed over the race level, so that you can shoot opponents running in the level. When you want to leave the turret, do suicide by jump into the pit, so you lose your ammo.
The small turret rooms contains Electro Blaster PUs and Full NRG carrots. The turret rooms is mainly to slow down the other team by hurt them.
There are carrots placed over the level so you can heal if you got hurt. A good start/max health is 5.

Limits: Because it's flag scoring, two players can enter the scoring system and grab the flag at the same moment, that's why you fall in the pit when scored, so you lose the flag if you held it. The best would be that you got warped back to your starting room and that the warp setlap increase the team's score.

I've played this on your server and it has a great gameplay (well, the level you where hosting had a great gameplay). The only thing was there where too many carrots and the rooms with the electro where a bit useless if there was only one person using it. However that didnt changed the gametype, the idea is still great. I might also create a lvl with this gameplay since I want to make a race lvl anyway.

XDxP
Aug 10, 2009, 11:21 PM

Well, this mode is really very good, if there are much players, but if there are few, it is a little boring. The idea is good and Djazz's lvl is, too. Sometimes there are too much carrots, where we need there aren't. In my opinion, teamrace is more exciting (with a funny gameplay) than simple race.:p

dermo529
Aug 11, 2009, 10:17 AM
I made a team race level but can't host it =( I give up...

I don't even know how well it works. It probably has a lot of bugs that I can't host to find.

Troglobite
Aug 11, 2009, 02:59 PM

I played this today. It was pretty fun. I liked that whoever was hosting had set maxhealth to 2, so it was quite easy to die or kill opponents. This made for some nice strategic play as it was possible to sit at a chokepoint and sidekick anyone who attempted to pass, because this would lead to an instant kill. But the other team would always eventually kill me and be able to continue.

The main thing's I think could be improved were level specific. For example, on one level, people who were running the race were able to use TNT to get some of the electroblaster powerups. Also, neither map had any ammo other than TNT, ice, and electroblaster powerups in the turrets. I think the gameplay would be a lot more varied and exciting if other ammo was available.

plunK
Aug 11, 2009, 04:48 PM
Team Race was pretty fun id have to say

Lithium
Nov 16, 2009, 09:54 AM
Yeah...Team Race was funny...Tower Defense was more funny. DJazz and me invented that,all is same as Team Race except the turrets were already set and they were auto firing,so you had to dodge ALL turrets with the non-stop fire and other team members. Don't ask how we did that.

Jerrythabest
Nov 16, 2009, 01:10 PM
How did you do that? =)

Jgke
Nov 25, 2009, 03:05 PM
How about this one: A group of rabbits is standing near a chest/flag/portal/something, when enough time has passed the floor will open and the defenders win.

Defenders have five lives and there will be coming attackers from both sides of the level.

Smth like this:
&&&&&&___________
&&&&&&l&&&&&&&&&l
&&A&&&l &&&&D&&&&l &&&A
&&&&&&W&&&C&&6&&W

Where A=Attacker, D=Defender, W=Wall for the defenders and stop ammos, and C=the protected thing. & is a symbol.

You get the idea.

Lithium
Nov 25, 2009, 10:41 PM
How did you do that? =)

Opening multiple JJ2s,joining the server with the name DefenseTower or Cannon Master and getting into the turret in PU's position,taking fastfires and then firing with T on,which causes it to repeat. It auto refills because it is in position of PU,so it automatically takes it when it fires. That makes it unsuitable for a gamemode,but atleast it was fun :)

Raven aka StL
Nov 26, 2009, 01:49 PM
How about this one: A group of rabbits is standing near a chest/flag/portal/something, when enough time has passed the floor will open and the defenders win.

Defenders have five lives and there will be coming attackers from both sides of the level.

Smth like this:
&&&&&&___________
&&&&&&l&&&&&&&&&l
&&A&&&l &&&&D&&&&l &&&A
&&&&&&W&&&C&&6&&W

Where A=Attacker, D=Defender, W=Wall for the defenders and stop ammos, and C=the protected thing. & is a symbol.

You get the idea.
Sounds like assault with minor tweaks to me.

Varkarrus
Dec 5, 2009, 03:09 PM
Escort: Each team starts with everyone in a jail except 2 people. One is the VIP (has only 2 health), the other is a bodygaurd (normal health). Both teams are on the left of the level, and there is a special area at the right of a level. When the VIP gets to the special zone, he becomes a bodygaurd. The moment a bodygaurd returns to the jail, a person from the jail will become the next VIP. This continues, and it will become necessary to assassinate other people's VIP to win the race.

Sean
Oct 27, 2010, 06:39 PM
TagTeam: Semi-new gamemode in which you race with 4 people instead of two.

EvilMike
Oct 27, 2010, 07:54 PM
You should try to track down team foo races if you want to try that... I'm not sure if anyone has a copy though

Jerrythabest
Oct 28, 2010, 03:52 AM
J2O does. (http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/3790/team-foo-races-pack-1/)

Toni
Oct 28, 2010, 04:25 AM
Actually I have 1 gamemode. It's called DeathRun. Red team has to kill blue team. Red team has 1 player, but the blue team has unlimited. Red team is on the top of the level, since the blue is 10 tiles lower and can't see red player unless there is a small mound. Red team walks on masked tiles, but blue team walks on un-masked tiles (but see layer 3) and on collapsing scenery event. There are also trigger crates. If blue team fall down, red team wins. If blue team doesn't fall down, blue and red team will have to kill eachother in no fire arena. The winner becomes a red team on next level

cooba
Mar 20, 2011, 02:12 PM
Sorry to revive this topic, but I'd just realised:Each player has a choice of weapons at the start, and the game is played in an arena filled with No Fire Zones.wtf?