PDA

View Full Version : Jazz and Spaz

Fawriel
May 8, 2005, 08:45 AM
Original title!

Well, the deadline of Baggers' contest is drawing near, so I've got to start training to draw those guys.
Also, I'm planning to draw a couple of comics of them in the not-so-very-distant future...
So, here's a little scribble of the two I quickly scribbled in some more than half an hour. (http://www.deviantart.com/view/18091702/)

I'm asking for your input on the way I drew them, since the style is not exactly the same as the original one. Tell me about anything you like and don't like and anything I forgot or didn't get right ( *points at Jazz' backpack* ).
kthxbai

LittleFreak
May 8, 2005, 08:51 AM
Nice sketch. :)

There are some things wrong with it though:

-Spaz' face looks a bit wrong, however, I don't know what exactly it is.
-Jazz' legs are too big and long I'd say.
-The backpack is too edgy.
-Aren't Spaz' arms a bit short compared to the legs? Could be my imagination though.

Other than that it's fine. :)

Marine1969
May 8, 2005, 08:52 AM
It's awesomely groovy, but make sure the poses make sense.

To do this just stand or whatever in the exact same pose, hodling or pretending to hold/operate similer things to see if you don't feel like you should be standing differently, if you have real trouble with poses take a picture of yourself or someone else in a pose as reference.

Fawriel
May 8, 2005, 09:28 AM
Nice sketch. :)

There are some things wrong with it though:

-Spaz' face looks a bit wrong, however, I don't know what exactly it is.
-Jazz' legs are too big and long I'd say.
-The backpack is too edgy.
-Aren't Spaz' arms a bit short compared to the legs? Could be my imagination though.

Other than that it's fine. :)
-Argh.
-Hm. COULD be.
-Correct.
-Perspective.