PDA

View Full Version : Interest in J2LC

FQuist
May 8, 2005, 05:47 PM
<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/j2lc/">J2LC</a> has grown kind of inactive. This is mostly due to the mistake I made of not letting new people in while the old ones grew inactive. I've been pondering the last few weeks what to do with the thing - just kill it so I can move on or go on on the current path and have a levelgroup that still gets levels into bashes but barely ever releases anyting anymore. Either that or get new members. I had a recruiting post done but the probable lack of interest made it feel awkward to post.

There's little reason for people to get into J2LC for obvious reasons: no activity, no fun, no forum. The only reason to join would probably be exclusivity: J2LC is one of the oldest levelgroups, and one of the most known, and some people want to join for specifically that reason. But that isn't much reason to become a member, so I would not encourage joining for that reason.

Before deciding what to do with the group, I would like to know if *anyone* would be interested in joining if we would allow in new members (which we currently don't, pending a decision on what to do with this). If you would have any interest, please reply.

Disclaimer: Site mentions Snooze, he's not a member anymore. I'll edit it ASAP

PS: Please don't post if you're already in another levelgroup, levelgroup-hopping doesn't help anyone.

PS 2: I must admit posting this *now* instead of whenever I felt like posting this was slightly triggered by OLC starting to recruit. It's made me want to take a final decision so I can move on. If you're asked to join OLC, join it. It's an honour to join them. And fun, too. I don't mean to compete with them.

White Rabbit
May 9, 2005, 12:20 AM
I'm interested in joining OLC, J2LC and XLM. Fight over me! :D

EvilMike
May 9, 2005, 12:30 AM
No.

FQuist
May 9, 2005, 02:41 AM
What Mike said.

Nielsje
May 9, 2005, 03:54 AM
What Mike said.

Fawriel
May 9, 2005, 03:57 AM
I might be interested in joining a levelmaking group.

Sasik
May 9, 2005, 04:15 AM
I'm interested in joining OLC, J2LC and XLM. Fight over me! :D
There is also ELM 8D

Nielsje
May 9, 2005, 08:07 AM
And XDC, too. :p

Olsen
May 9, 2005, 09:07 AM
I might be interested in joining a levelmaking group.
So do it. ;D

White Rabbit
May 9, 2005, 12:53 PM
I'll be back. ;P

Sonyk
May 9, 2005, 01:27 PM
Well, getting this topic back on track, I'd say not to. Levelmaking groups are more of a novelty item, like to say that you're in league with the best. (Which may or may not be the truth) There's nothing stopping you from becoming a famous level creator just by uploading your own creations on J2O, so the need to once again create activity in J2LC is pretty much pointless.

White Rabbit
May 9, 2005, 01:30 PM
I think the advantage is that you'll be in closer, or have a closer, relations/relationship with other good lvl makers, so that you can improve faster and work with other ppl on larger projects, which would take, if you did it yourself, many months and way too much hard work.

Nielsje
May 10, 2005, 01:39 AM
Indeed, what WR said. But XLM is always open for new spirits, so if you want to join I recommend you visit our website :)
Besides, we're not really pulling members into our group. If you want to join it's fine, but we rarely do invitations.

Stijn
May 10, 2005, 04:01 AM
I'd like to join, but I'm not really active anymore, though I work on my levels every now and then.

Ragnarok!
May 10, 2005, 02:04 PM
o.O Only coz OLC was recruiting, you recruit too? ++FQuist

FQuist
May 10, 2005, 03:18 PM
1. I'm not recruiting.
2. I certainly did not decide to post this because OLC started to recruit. That merely made me want to post this *now* so I can get this whole J2LC thing over with.

White Rabbit
May 11, 2005, 07:42 AM
'Over' with? What is/going to be 'over' about J2LC? I think there are a lot of homeless lvl-makers that would like to join a lvl-making group, for reasons I've already said, and that means competition between the groups. Maybe not too serious competition, but anyone who wants their lvl-making group to have a future should start recruiting if the rivals are (unless they happen to enlist a bunch of newbies just to grow).

And this is the last sentence of yet another one of my totally inconclusive posts.