PDA

View Full Version : WHO can make Music Files?

CrimiClown
May 17, 2005, 11:40 AM
I got a music file (MP3) which I make in Fruity Loops. It is perfectly looped, and would be perfect for one of my levels. BUT! (Here's the but...)

I don't know how to convert into .mod, .it and so on. I have a program ( I Tracker thingy), but I am still learning. Who would please convert it for me, as I need it sort off... Tomorrow... Please E-Mail me (jantjejansma@hotmail.com) and I will send you the file.

Thanks.

Radium
May 17, 2005, 11:49 AM
Sit down kids, Uncle Raddy is going to tell you the story of Mp3 and Mod files.

Anyway, the two filetypes work different ways. A Mod file is a collection of short sounds (like instruments) which are arranged in a song (essentially, the computer reads "sheet music" and plays the song). An Mp3 file is essentially one big, long sound clip. While one can easily convert a Mod to an Mp3, a backwards conversion is not as easy. There is no way (with the exception of maybe some mediocre software and a lot of work) for the Mp3 file to be rebroken into its original instrument components. You can still turn it into a Mod with programs like Modplug Tracker, but it will retain its Mp3 size. Very large music files might not play in JJ2.

CrimiClown
May 17, 2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks, but I'd still like someone to convert it. Size doesn't matter, I have G-mail too :P

LittleFreak
May 18, 2005, 01:48 AM
http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=13022

Hazel-rah
May 20, 2005, 11:02 PM
Is MP3 the only format Fruity Loops will save in or will it save in MIDI for example? If it does you could save a midi version of your song and just move the samples from Fruity Loops to MODPlug Tracker. :)

Erik
Jun 10, 2005, 01:56 AM
Yes, FL Studio (Fruity Loops 4 and up) supports midi for my knowledge.