PDA

View Full Version : Question

WvA
May 31, 2005, 10:21 AM
I have one (simple?) question. Wich event do you use so you go dead in 1 time? I saw it in an episode (invasion of deserto or something) if you falled down into a pit you got K.O. Anyone knows?

cooba
May 31, 2005, 10:22 AM
I have one (simple?) question. Wich event do you use so you go dead in 1 time? I saw it in an episode (invasion of deserto or something) if you falled down into a pit you got K.O. Anyone knows?Why don't you open the level in JCS =|.

It's like this. You fall through a row of Red CTF bases. And you die.

Violet CLM
May 31, 2005, 12:08 PM
It's not quite that simple... you also have to come into contact with something that hurts you, or you won't lose a life. Again, just look at some level using it.

FoxBlitzz
May 31, 2005, 12:27 PM
Timing is everything. You have to make the character get hurt at the same time it plays the death animation. Otherwise you won't lose a life.

minmay
May 31, 2005, 02:52 PM
Maybe this diagram will help.

_S_
RRR
_O_
_B_

S = Sucker tube, speed 20 downwards
R = CTF Base, Team 1
O = Sucker tube, speed NOTHING AT ALL
B = 3D Spike Boll.

ShadeJackrabbit
Jun 1, 2005, 08:28 AM
Or you could have Blue Bases then Red Bases. Like this:
|RRRRRR|
|BBBBBB|
---------
| or - is a wall
R is a Red Base
B is a Blue Base

minmay
Jun 1, 2005, 09:11 AM
Mine actually works, though.

WvA
Jun 2, 2005, 12:12 PM
New question, hope you can answer it quick becose i am making the level at THIS time.

I am using waterfalls, how do you make it so that you can see yourself trough it? I saw this in some levels but couldnt figure out how they did it. So it is in foreground but you can still see jazz/spaz/lori trough it.

I am usin the tileset Diamondus & Garden

cooba
Jun 2, 2005, 12:23 PM
T
When you press this, a window will pop-up. Here you can choose what "tile-type" the tile your cursor is at will be. There are three tile-types:
(blah)
Translucent - The name says it. The tile will be transparent, so you can see things (events, the background, the player) through it. Usually used for waters, sucker tubes and a special background effect: when you use a "translucent" tile on the layer 8 background layer, all movement will leave a short trace which looks rather nice. The background shouldn't use the 3D-textured effect though, it won't work then.

WvA
Jun 2, 2005, 12:28 PM
tnx =)