PDA

View Full Version : Devan -- Shell bug

Ðx
Jun 7, 2005, 08:51 PM
Alright, this is bug is very very VERY strange. When you add a boss ( devan ) he is just devan, BUT when you add a TurtleShell add the room he will change SOMETIMES in a turtle ( really 0.5 sec when he lands from jumping )

http://www.freewebs.com/dxjj2site/Bug.PNG

I was just busy with new Weeh lvl and this happend

Violet CLM
Jun 7, 2005, 09:12 PM
Right. This is because at one point (when landing from jumping) Devan displays a sprite frame that is not loaded with Devan, and this defaults to whatever sprite Is loaded at that point, in this case a turtle. Oftentimes it's other stuff, like "Chris is a redneq".

Ðx
Jun 7, 2005, 09:15 PM
UR do you know if it works with other enemy's/goodies too?

Violet CLM
Jun 7, 2005, 11:27 PM
It should... I think I've seen it work with a demon. However, I don't really know why you'd want Devan to display any particular frame for a fraction of a second anyway.

Iam Canadian
Jun 8, 2005, 03:33 PM
I've seen Devan as any number of things: the infamous "Chris is a Redneq" frame, a Tuf Turtle, a Normal Turtle, Eva, a Demon, part of a Doggy Dogg and more things that don't immediately spring to mind.

Blackraptor
Jun 8, 2005, 04:10 PM
I've seen Devan with the head of a caterpillar. He looked cool with an afro ;(.

minmay
Jun 8, 2005, 04:28 PM
I've seen this too. Careful planning might get Devan to become Tweedle.

Ðx
Jun 8, 2005, 08:27 PM
I made a picture and minmay is right tweedle is also ther when he lands ( got a pic ) and if you look good devan miss sprite. Anyway i putt a level in the zip too, walk to the right and wait ther ( typ jjgod or something ) shoot against bolly's spikes. Then jj2 will crash when devan comes to you ;o

Download Here (www.freewebs.com/dxjj2site/bugz.zip)