PDA

View Full Version : One Tile, Two Events

blurredd
Jun 8, 2005, 06:38 PM
Can anyone name any really good uses for two (or more) different events on the same tile?

Birdie
Jun 8, 2005, 06:48 PM
Me you could do quite a bit more things thats double the possibility of events its not realy useful in anyway but i bet you could do some cool stuff

oneway and ammo in the same tile =P

minmay
Jun 8, 2005, 07:00 PM
(whatever event you're already using in the tile) and (Area ID/Pulze Light/Whatever you're using to create MCE parameters)

Fawriel
Jun 8, 2005, 09:25 PM
Destructable custom enemies.

Violet CLM
Jun 8, 2005, 10:24 PM
Smaller sucker tube systems. You wouldn't need an extra tile to fit coins (course, if the tube is vertical, no problem), trigger zones, trigger scenery, whatever into a line of sucker tubes.
Tiles which can be triggered by multiple TriggerID's.
Tiles which can be destroyed by more than one weapon, just not all of them.
As Faw mentioned, Destruct Scenery and Hurt.

Maybe some more. Eh. Why do you want to know?

n0
Jun 9, 2005, 12:17 AM
Well, this is more like getting the Switch paramater to work, but having both an off and an on switch for the same trigger.
Multiple pickups in the same spot (like, you grab one lemon and have an instant sugar rush)
Pickups and scenery
Trigger scenery and trigger Zone (diffrent ID's)
Warps and pickups
Have a carrot in the center of four spinning spikeballs... all on the same tile.

Violet CLM
Jun 9, 2005, 12:48 AM
Multiple pickups in the same spot (like, you grab one lemon and have an instant sugar rush)
Belts.
Pickups and scenery
Belts.
Warps and pickups
Belts.

HEART OF IRON
Jun 9, 2005, 01:12 AM
I don't think its really possible...maybe in 20 years somebody would invent a patch for that. :D don't you think so? If you can make it now make it .

DoubleGJ
Jun 9, 2005, 02:13 AM
Destructable scenery and trigger scenery at the same place.
Platforms spinning around the same tile (merry-go-round =D).
Trigger scenery and activate boss at the same place.

Nick [PoL]
Jun 9, 2005, 04:56 AM
For example in Nature's ruins:
You activate a triggerzone and suddenly arrows that hurt you came out of the wall, (TriggerScenery and Hurt-Events are needed)
Would be good for traps

NaT
Jun 9, 2005, 05:11 AM
For example in Nature's ruins:
You activate a triggerzone and suddenly arrows that hurt you came out of the wall, (TriggerScenery and Hurt-Events are needed)
Would be good for traps
You're only Imagening it so.....forget about it! It's not possible!

Ðx
Jun 9, 2005, 05:58 AM
Special made for birdie:

One + Ammo (www.freewebs.com/jazz2dx/Dxp1.zip)

PS: Right mouse clicky and save as

n00b
Jun 9, 2005, 11:34 AM
You're only Imagening it so.....forget about it! It's not possible!
We're not trying to make it ppssible, Blur just wanted to know what some uses of it could be if it was possible.

Ragnarok!
Jun 9, 2005, 12:31 PM
CTF bases on top of eachother? ;D

Sonyk
Jun 9, 2005, 04:07 PM
That'd be good for things like team battles and assaults. That is, assuming both events would work at the time they should.

Birdie
Jun 9, 2005, 06:43 PM
I checked out DX's new level (the one in daimidus beta) and i dont understand how to put the ammo in the one way at all someone help

blurredd
Jun 9, 2005, 09:46 PM
Two CTF Bases on the same tile wouldn't work, let alone these two events adjacent to one another.

And about ammo in One Ways:

http://www.jazz2online.com/d3/eventmce.png

It's not what Dx did, but it works better and it's a lot easier to control. You're probably wondering what all those events are for (and I'm wondering why I'm posting something so complicated in the first place). Anyway, if you don't already have a basic understanding of MCE's, you're going to have a hard time understanding what I have to say next. (Read up on MCE events here (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcsref/node.php?node=65&mode=id&menu=topics). I'd like to thank outdated articles for the inspiration behind this extra long post.)

First things first, the "MCE Event" is actual just event 255 modified in JCS.ini. I decided to start using this because I heard Violet say Pyro used this himself. What makes it so great is that it doesn't leave any events behind like what Pulze Light and ButtStomp Scenery do. Add the following to your JCS.ini if you want to use this event:
255=MCE Event |+|Area |MCE |Event |Event:8|Delay (secs):5This event will show up in Gameplay->Area near where you find the warp events (in case you didn't figure that out already). It's virtually the same thing as what the Generator shows you, and it works the same way. You can always use Pulze Light instead if you don't want to do the extra work, but you wouldn't have as much freedom.

The next thing I want to point out is that I used the Moth event as opposed to the Lizard and Blue Spring events. The Moth event in this MCE allows events to work exactly 128 pixels (or 4 tiles) in the opposite direction of the belt. Also note that the Moth is event #128. That's right, there's a pattern although I won't get into it just yet. As usual, Belt Left, and Belt Right, and the generated event don't need any additional parameters for the MCE to work.

Just so you know, I used Belt Right to move all the events into the One Way. This whole sequence of events comes in handy when you want to move a regenerating event as quickly as possible. Anyway, if you wanted RF's in One Ways (like in Dx's example) just use the event number for RF's (36) in the MCE Event and use whatever delay. If you use the arrangement I have in that screenshot, you should have 4 pieces of RF ammo in one tile of One Way. Yeah, I went overboard.

PS: I might not be able to say I found all of this first, but I am at least the first one to document it on this site. Also, I could've made a level, but it should be easy enough for some others to duplicate.

Ðx
Jun 9, 2005, 10:10 PM
Nice BlurredD, i found something weird ;P

Download Here (http://www.freewebs.com/jazzx1/dxbug17.zip)

PS: Right Mouse Button SAVE AS

Violet CLM
Jun 9, 2005, 11:12 PM
PS: I might not be able to say I found all of this first, but I am at least the first one to document it on this site. Also, I could've made a level, but it should be easy enough for some others to duplicate.
I might have updated the article before you posted this. I'm not sure. I don't have a timestamp. But good job combining belts and, uh, belts.

blurredd
Jun 9, 2005, 11:42 PM
*forgets one tiny significant detail*

Bleh, I was just about to make another huge post until I noticed what you said, Violet. I checked that site while I was writing my first huge post, but it didn't seem updated then. (I could've easily overlooked it since the organization at the bottom isn't the greatest, plus there isn't anything obvious pointing out that the article has been updated. You also might want to mention that for multiplayer mode the regenerating event itself has to be usable in MP outside of MCE's so that it can be usable in an MCE. Just my thoughts.) I did manage to mention one thing that wasn't in any article, namely Pyro's innovation for using event 255 in an MCE. Anyway, I would agree that using all those belts could lead to some additional problems.

Now, the reason behind Dx's problem. Violet's article (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcsref/node.php?node=65&mode=id&menu=topics) now gives more detail on the Generator in an MCE, so just scroll down and read about it. That's all related to why the RF powerup keeps moving in that loop in the glitched level. It intially makes absolutely no sense if you're seeing it for the first time. The Belt Left and Belt Right events move in opposite directions, so how can this be possible? It turns out the RF powerups (event 135) are moved 121 pixels in the opposite direction of the belt, which is similar where an MCE generated event would appear if the RF powerup were to be used as the Generator. Each time the powerup meets up with a belt, it moves 121 pixels in the opposite direction, so it makes perfect sense why the powerups loop.

And the original MCE system I made was only tested with ammo (as you could imagine). I guess that's what happens when you rush things and forget to mention a few details.

Ðx
Jun 10, 2005, 05:41 AM
I just wanted to share that with ppl BlurredD, but i found something funny =D

Birdie
Jun 10, 2005, 04:38 PM
YAY WOOT! I DID IT!=D

minmay
Jun 10, 2005, 06:23 PM
Umm...two perfectly identical posts? :O

cooba
Jun 11, 2005, 12:14 AM
Umm...two perfectly identical posts? :OIE bug.

As for the good use of two events at once... trigger zone and trigger scenery.

Ragnarok!
Jun 12, 2005, 04:30 AM
*Needs to check JCF more often*

Murderbeam
Jun 12, 2005, 07:50 AM
Bridges and Belts. I would like to see that.

Ragnarok!
Jun 12, 2005, 08:23 AM
To make a nice conveyer system that loops it can be like a : Oneway with a belt on it. You could make a PU slot machine. You can stand still for a load of secs, when you want to be released you break a respwning crate next to you. That crate will open the platform below you. Which will have a slot you can shoot through to get a PU in the machine, but you cant fit through it. Once you shoot through it, and if you dont, your loss, you can get a random PU, you saw from a slot machine thing. And after you fall, you warp somewhere maybe ;)

V<<<<<
V.......^
V.......^
>>>>>^

Superjazz
Jun 12, 2005, 09:57 AM
A triggered vine event would be nice. You should first break a trigger crate, then, vines would appear which would be still climbable.

NeonPSY
Jun 13, 2005, 03:55 PM
Lemmie see.

Falling vines. You know it breaks when you climb on it.
Falling hooks. Read above.
Buttstomp items. Other than just gems, there should be like coins or food or even enemies.

Xobim
Jun 20, 2005, 05:44 AM
What about a big red gem and a blue gem? Whe someone smashes th big red gem, a blue one comes out too. The only problem is that the blue gem floats....

or:

A ceiling and a floor spring! :D

minmay
Jun 20, 2005, 06:11 AM
USE BELTS.

Xobim
Jun 20, 2005, 11:44 PM
NO.

LittleFreak
Jun 21, 2005, 04:19 AM
WHY NOT.

minmay
Jun 21, 2005, 05:10 AM
BECAUSE WE ARE TALKING IN CAPS?

Ðx
Jun 21, 2005, 05:13 AM
cuz jazzmusic doest know howto use JCS

minmay
Jun 21, 2005, 06:29 AM

That may be.

Ae
Jun 21, 2005, 08:15 AM
What about a nofirezone in the same spot as a horizontal spring, like as in a jail where players cannot freeze the spring to get out from the inside.

minmay
Jun 21, 2005, 08:41 AM
What about a nofirezone in the same spot as a horizontal spring, like as in a jail where players cannot freeze the spring to get out from the inside.

Belts.

Xobim
Jun 21, 2005, 09:10 AM
no (caps)

What about a blue and red CTF base? The first one who reaches them, wins.

Ðx
Jun 21, 2005, 09:11 AM
you can do that already

cooba
Jun 21, 2005, 09:13 AM
What about a blue and red CTF base? The first one who reaches them, wins.Two CTF Bases on the same tile wouldn't work, let alone these two events adjacent to one another.&nbsp;

Xobim
Jun 21, 2005, 09:17 AM
HOW? (caps on)

Be aware, my episode is nearly finished....

minmay
Jun 21, 2005, 10:28 AM
HOW? (caps on)

I'm trembling.

Torkell
Jun 21, 2005, 11:00 AM
To those who are saying "belts", I think the point of this thread is to explore how being able to put two events on one tile would be a good idea, not to find out how to hack it with belts.

Ðx
Jun 21, 2005, 11:05 AM

Be aware, Jazz X (http://jjforum.stools.net/index.php?showtopic=63) is 60 % done

Fawriel
Jun 21, 2005, 11:07 AM
Be aware, SCE Remastered is approximately 0.2% done!

Ðx
Jun 21, 2005, 11:10 AM
Fawriel? What the? Wha?

Fawriel
Jun 21, 2005, 11:16 AM
Don't question the master levelmaker! >O

... ( that title is purely hypothetical. I replayed my episode SCE recently. It sucks badly. ;/ )

Ðx
Jun 21, 2005, 11:20 AM
=D fun fawriel, why does it sucks when it comes from the master levelmaker ;)

Fawriel
Jun 21, 2005, 11:21 AM
I was young and stupid a few years ago. >O

Ðx
Jun 21, 2005, 11:59 AM
so far i know, you have been never stupid

Ae
Jun 21, 2005, 02:12 PM
Belts.
Wouldn't the belts move rabbits too? Besides, having them on the same tile would save room for freezer ammo or something right outside, without the belts in the way.

blurredd
Jun 21, 2005, 06:18 PM
You could always work around the problems belts leave behind. But, what you want to do seems impractical since horizontal springs often must be next to a solid tile so that they could point in the direction you want. Also, you could make a much more efficient system with a normal spring (you only need No Fire Zones at the bottom of the jail to prevent players from freezing the spring from the inside).

And Boggy, by the way, it's a little bit of both (although the latter with MCE's, not just simple belts).

LittleFreak
Jun 22, 2005, 03:43 AM
I replayed my episode SCE recently. It sucks badly. ;/

I liked it, the only real problem were countless bugs that needed to be fixed.

snzspeed
Jun 25, 2005, 02:29 PM
To make a nice conveyer system that loops it can be like a : Oneway with a belt on it. You could make a PU slot machine. You can stand still for a load of secs, when you want to be released you break a respwning crate next to you. That crate will open the platform below you. Which will have a slot you can shoot through to get a PU in the machine, but you cant fit through it. Once you shoot through it, and if you dont, your loss, you can get a random PU, you saw from a slot machine thing. And after you fall, you warp somewhere maybe ;)

V<<<<<
V.......^
V.......^
>>>>>^
i managed to do this. without the one way, though.. :)