PDA

View Full Version : Raven/Raven in tileset?

WvA
Jun 16, 2005, 02:11 AM
Yo,

i want to make a boss fight vs a raven *yeah raven, (-) i know but that is in the story line*

First i wanted to make the fight in the tileset Dark Reign *good one i must say*

The idea is to make it so that you see a raven flying though a window *foreground* and you have to shoot with electro blasters at him, you will hit the robot boss who is hiding behind some walls *foreground shows rocks so you dont see the robot*

Problem is that the raven is moving up and down. And it follow you if you come to close *even through walls and stop enemy events*. There is a bug in the game that sometimes the raven will stop moving and will just stay at his spot until you kill it.

Good here is my question:

How can you hold the raven at his posstion? Maybe with some kind of event or trick or just activate the bug on an i-dont-know-how-way?

If it isnt possible to hold the raven at his position:

Is there a tileset where the raven is in? For example you have an tileset called credits where there are a lot sprites, like birdy, jazz, deven etc. *to bad the raven is not in...*

It dont realy have to be the orginal raven, a bigger or other version is good to! *even better!*

If there isn't a tileset like this, will someone edit Dark Reign by adding a raven animation? Plz? =)

Hope you got all that...

Ðx
Jun 16, 2005, 04:49 AM
ask the maker of Dark Reign too edit it

WvA
Jun 16, 2005, 05:38 AM
who the ... is waz? =P

yo guys are there realy no suggestions for this? i realy need some answers (fast)

LittleFreak
Jun 16, 2005, 07:17 AM
I have a suggestion: Instead of trying to prevent the raven from moving, make him regenerate and have the objective to kill the "raven nest" (=hidden robot boss) or whatever comes to your mind.

WvA
Jun 16, 2005, 07:20 AM
hm yeah thats a good suggestion... =) tnx. More are welcome!

Radium
Jun 16, 2005, 07:33 AM
You could just take screenshots of the raven or use the Sprite Ripper to get images of him. Then try to get the tileset as an image file and insert the raven in.

WvA
Jun 16, 2005, 07:35 AM
i dont have a clue of how to make a tileset

Radium
Jun 16, 2005, 07:38 AM
Just get someone to do it for you (preferably someone who knows how to use palettes right). It isn't particularly hard.

cooba
Jun 16, 2005, 07:38 AM
i dont have a clue of how to make a tilesetclick (http://www.tilesets.hewwo.com)

WvA
Jun 16, 2005, 08:15 AM
i am also to lazy to learn, making levels takes enough time *i dont have a clue about how long i am busy with this episode...*

Iam Canadian
Jun 16, 2005, 11:27 AM
Just so you know, killing a Robot boss doesn't end the level unless there's a Devan (Robot boss) event in there too.

Violet CLM
Jun 16, 2005, 11:50 AM
How can you hold the raven at his posstion? Maybe with some kind of event or trick or just activate the bug on an i-dont-know-how-way?
You should be able to do this by putting some belts on either side of the raven, but I haven't actually tested it.

LittleFreak
Jun 17, 2005, 09:34 AM
Interesting theory, UR. I'm wondering if that could also work with other flying enemies and fish.

Iam Canadian
Jun 17, 2005, 10:59 AM
Without water, Fish stay in the same place anyway. I'm not sure if belts would work underwater.

cooba
Jun 17, 2005, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure if belts would work underwater.Why wouldn't they?

Violet CLM
Jun 17, 2005, 03:52 PM
Interesting theory, UR. I'm wondering if that could also work with other flying enemies and fish.
<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jcsref/node.php?node=74&mode=id">You tell me.</a>

WvA
Jun 18, 2005, 07:53 AM
You should be able to do this by putting some belts on either side of the raven, but I haven't actually tested it.

yeah i know, i hide devan to *putting something in the background*

Is there a way to hide the sound the robot make btw?

blurredd
Jun 18, 2005, 01:25 PM
Yeah, by getting rid of sound all together...if you can live with that.

Iam Canadian
Jun 18, 2005, 05:14 PM
Iif the Robot is placed inside a masked tile, he makes no noise. Of course, by doing that, the Robot is untouchable except with the Electro Blaster and Bouncers.

LittleFreak
Jun 19, 2005, 12:27 AM
If so, then just make it so that you'll have to kill off the raven nest thing with electro blaster or bouncers, whichever you like more.

You tell me.

=O

I should check JCS Ref more often. =P