PDA

View Full Version : Water and lava and what-not

EnergyClock
Jun 26, 2005, 12:05 PM
I'm trying to add lava or water into a level but when I do it doesn't apear or comes out all screwy. How do a place these things?

Fawriel
Jun 26, 2005, 12:36 PM
Wait, "or comes out all screwy"? .. as far as I know, lava doesn't work at all. Or does only the water even work for you?
I'd explain how to use water to you, but I don't know that by heart and can't check right now.

Blackraptor
Jun 26, 2005, 12:38 PM
Lava event doesnt work. If water comes out all screwy, blame the fact that youre using 8bit (switching to 16 will fix this =D)

EnergyClock
Jun 26, 2005, 12:43 PM
Screwey as in how there are splashes from nowhere or the water stays near the top

Violet CLM
Jun 26, 2005, 01:20 PM
Ok, there are two different events with "Water" in them. "Water Level" and "Water Block". They are very different things.
<b>Water Level</b> creates a vast underwater area that spans the entire width of the level, as seen in Marinated Rabbit. It has two different settings: Instant and Height. Height is how many tiles away from the top of the level the top of the water should be. If Height is set to 0, the water will simply set itself to the height of the rabbit touching the event. Instant decrees how the water will get to that height. If 1, the amount of water in the level will instantly change to come up to that height. If 0, it will move slowly up or down to the new height, like in JJ1's Dreempipes or Lagunicus. The first time you hit a Water Level event, it must be Instant, or it will not work.
<b>Water Block</b> is used for small puddles, like in Colonius or Jungle. If you hit a water block event, a splash appears. Its parameter determines how far down from the top of the event the splash should appear, so it will conform more realistically to the visual tile-based top of the puddle.

EnergyClock
Jun 26, 2005, 01:51 PM
Thank you my good man.

EnergyClock
Jun 26, 2005, 03:59 PM
One problem solved; another pops up. I'm placing teleports but they don't apear where they are placed.

Violet CLM
Jun 26, 2005, 04:09 PM
There are two events involved with teleports, Warp and Warp Target. "Warp" is the event you enter to teleport. "Warp Target" is the event you teleport to. The "id" of the two events determines which Warp Target you go to. If you enter a Warp with id5, you will go to a Warp Target with id5.

<a href="http://howtojcs.zeepost.nl/">Good JCS help site.</a>
<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jcsref/">Another good JCS help site, more advanced.</a>
<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/articles/view.php?articleID=187">Article: Multiple warp targets with the same id.</a>

EnergyClock
Jun 26, 2005, 04:20 PM
No, I mean that the actual warp location is diffrent then where I placed it on JCS.
But only sometimes. Its random.

In this pic, it uses two warps that go to the same target.
http://img53.echo.cx/img53/551/jcs0cv.jpg

FoxBlitzz
Jun 26, 2005, 06:55 PM
I'm not sure what is making you think the warp is moving. Warps just don't move by themselves. They will always stay in the same spot you place them.

Black Ninja
Jun 26, 2005, 08:07 PM
It looks like you are using 2 warps. Make sure the "Warp ID" is not the same for both warps, and make sure the corresponding warp target matches the ID. I hope that made sense to someone besides me ;p

DoubleGJ
Jun 27, 2005, 12:47 AM
Normally warps aren't affected by gravity. However, if you turn the animation setting on, they are.

EnergyClock
Jun 27, 2005, 04:58 AM
Normally warps aren't affected by gravity. However, if you turn the animation setting on, they are.

That might be the problem, what does the animation setting do then?

LittleFreak
Jun 27, 2005, 05:57 AM
As far as I remember, the animation setting activates the coin warp picture you can see in the single player levels.

cooba
Jun 27, 2005, 06:22 AM
As far as I remember, the animation setting activates the coin warp picture you can see in the single player levels.Not unless the warp is set to warp away when you have 10/20/50/100 coins.

LittleFreak
Jun 27, 2005, 06:54 AM
Oh yes, I forgot about that.