PDA

View Full Version : Jazz modding?

Nadine
Jun 28, 2005, 11:03 PM
I havent been here in AGES! Some of you might have played me online sometimes as 'badhareday'. I still love Jazz games, still have them installed. But I've really cared alot more about Metal Gear Solid to be too concerned with Jazz, but I love cartoony fluffies fraggin at each other, and thats why I still love Jazz!

But I'm surprised there is STILL no source code released! :O MY GOD than what hope is there for me with MGS2 Substance? Where as Jazz is like abandonware and the company doesnt care about it anymore CLEARLY...

But dont fret! I have an idea!

Anyone who has any programming knowledge (or maybe you dont need it, I'm not sure) can mod the game, because we can access some of the files now, with a game extractor! MultiEx supports it!

First you can use one of the following - maybe many of them could work:

Game Archive Extraction tools (http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php/Extraction_tools)

Then you have here where it actually says Jazz 2 is supported!:

Jazz 2 support! (http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php/GRAFs#J)

But I'm not entirely sure how you ACTUALLY use it. But this site is helpful for learning how to mod games that do not come with software developer kits, so maybe this can help us toy with Jazz 2 huh?

Well here is wishful thinking. :-)

Now if only I could get Metal Gear Solid 2 supported.... :confused:

Violet CLM
Jun 29, 2005, 01:15 AM
Interesting, but if you look at the specs, you'll see that they actually know next to nothing about any of the involved files. The most information is on .j2l/.j2t, and even that is missing some known things.

Nadine
Jun 29, 2005, 02:35 AM
Aww crud, really? So what was on this site? You cant do anything with these files?

My god, this takes ages. Its amazing how long it can take when not enough people care to make it happen.

ShadeJackrabbit
Jun 29, 2005, 10:17 AM
Jazz 1 Can be modded. Slightly. Use Wombat. (Search on google.)

cooba
Jun 29, 2005, 10:55 AM
Jazz 1 Can be modded. Slightly. Use Wombat.Last time I checked, Wombat was for viewing file data, not editing it.

Violet CLM
Jun 29, 2005, 01:14 PM
Last time I checked, Wombat was for viewing file data, not editing it.
Wombat is for viewing and replacing file data. However, not all files support replacing yet. Some, like Hocus tilesets, do. Others, like Jazz, do not.

Nadine: All that the program you found can do is open anims.j2a and show a list of random "files" which can't be opened or viewed or anything.

ShadeJackrabbit
Jul 1, 2005, 11:03 AM
I just remembered you can edit Jazz 1 with the J1CS