PDA

View Full Version : Bilsy Returns -NEED TESTER!!!-

dalisene
Jun 29, 2005, 07:01 PM
The first level needs to be tested... yet I made it too hard to finish it myself. Anybody up for a challenge?

(btw, this level is far from completion)

Click Here To Get It (save it in your Jazz2 directory) (http://www.freewebs.com/dalisene/BilsyReturns-Carrotus1.j2l)

It will appear in your Home Cooked Level List.

FoxBlitzz
Jun 29, 2005, 08:26 PM
(save it in your Jazz2 directory) It will appear in your Home Cooked Level List.

No need, for I can play the file straight from JCS. Anyways, I played a bit of it. Level design wasn't all that great. You have a blue spring at the very beginning that doesn't serve much purpose except for getting the chips. You shouldn't be able to collide with the tree but you do, which gives a buggy reaction. Secrets were rather obvious, and when I entered the coin warp, I got stuck in the left wall (Let this be a lesson to never place a warp target that neighbors the ceiling or a wall to the left).

Just felt like criticizing, that's all. It's pretty good for your first though, I must say.

EnergyClock
Jun 29, 2005, 08:39 PM
nothing to add to the last review, except that the level finishes after killing just one boss. Neatly made.

cooba
Jun 30, 2005, 01:39 AM
except that the level finishes after killing just one boss.Try to make a level where you must finish all the bosses, then.

CrimiClown
Jun 30, 2005, 06:06 AM
Ok, I played... A few bugs:

-Use One Ways in the trees. You can't walk under them now and jump up.
-Don't place warps next to a wall (Bonus area)
-Make your Destruct Scenery Animations 0 fps (Although they worked like normal, it's still a good habit, because it doesn't work with all triggers.)
-The Text of the Boss is unreadable because of the health bar. Use '@' to add a line before making Text. When I use text, I add this to the text string:

@@@@@@Hello, this is my #text!

@ = Enter
# = Colorful display.

Otherwise, good level. Go low on the ammo though... You can make it to 99 bouncers within a minute, including powerup... And use other food then only Chips. :)

Have fun!

NinJazz
Jun 30, 2005, 08:25 AM
Yeah, The bonus was annoying, cool guns but could not get 'em coz I got swimming in da wall :S

cooba
Jun 30, 2005, 09:41 AM
@ = Enter
# = Colorful display.| = Semi-custom coloring.

CrimiClown
Jul 1, 2005, 09:08 AM
Cooba, can you explain that? Is it like the Online games that it colors the text in ONE color or do you have to add parameters?

blurredd
Jul 1, 2005, 10:08 AM
It's a little more complicated than that. For starters, you'll need to use the number sign before any of the pipes you use. The pipe takes a color just like all the other letters. But, since it's invisible, it appears that a color has been skipped. So, if you use 7 pipes between two letters, it makes those two letters the same color. The problem is that 7 pipes leave a big space between letters, but it has an easy solution. All you have to do is adjust the spacing with §1 placed at the beginning of the string. You can use other numbers (or characters) after § to adjust the spacing, but §1 is the closest match to text without any pipes in between. Also, you don't need to use any pipes for spaces. Here's a quick example:

§1#||G|||||||r|||||||e|||||||e|||||||n |||||||t|||||||e|||||||x|||||||t|||||||.

That text will appear green (with decent spacing) in JJ2. Based on that example, you can adjust the color of all the letters by changing how many pipes you use right after the number sign:

0 pipes - Grey
1 pipe - Teal
2 pipes - Green
3 pipes - Red
4 pipes - Blue
5 pipes - Gold
6 pipes - Orange

You'll have to do some testing of your own for more customizing. Unfortunately, this method limits how many words you can use in your text string, so you'll have to keep your message short.

CrimiClown
Jul 1, 2005, 02:17 PM
I'll stick with grey... :p or Colorful!

FoxBlitzz
Jul 1, 2005, 07:36 PM
Yeah, it sucks how your message is limited so much when you use single-colored text.

And CrimiClown, I would make your signature shorter if I were you. It's rather long, and it might get edited.

LittleFreak
Jul 2, 2005, 02:30 AM
Try to make a level where you must finish all the bosses, then.

It's possible with robot bosses, but I have no idea how or where I saw that.

CrimiClown
Jul 13, 2005, 07:32 AM
It's possible with robot bosses, but I have no idea how or where I saw that.

Use only the Robot Boss (Robot) event, and put them in places where they can't be ignored defeating. Like a 2 tile high passage where you put him. He will remain stationairy and won't move. :Z Just put end of lvl at the end of the hallway. :)

LittleFreak
Jul 15, 2005, 08:43 AM
Use only the Robot Boss (Robot) event, and put them in places where they can't be ignored defeating. Like a 2 tile high passage where you put him. He will remain stationairy and won't move. :Z Just put end of lvl at the end of the hallway. :)

That's not what I meant.

I was talking about *moving* robots which didn't end the level once destroyed.

CrimiClown
Jul 15, 2005, 09:15 AM
In that case, I wouldn't know.

J@[zz]
Aug 3, 2005, 07:22 PM
The first level needs to be tested... yet I made it too hard to finish it myself. Anybody up for a challenge?

(btw, this level is far from completion)

Click Here To Get It (save it in your Jazz2 directory)

It will appear in your Home Cooked Level List.

And why Dalisene doesn't updates map?
I've just downloaded it, but it still have bugs

cooba
Aug 4, 2005, 02:11 AM
I was talking about *moving* robots which didn't end the level once destroyed.I think that the cause of that thing is that you moved 31 tiles away from the explosion which caused JJ2 to neglect the boss being destroyed.

LittleFreak
Aug 4, 2005, 01:45 PM
No, I don't think. :-l

It was in the second level of this (http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=3025) pack, by the way.

cooba
Aug 4, 2005, 01:51 PM
That's what I have played. Tested up countless of times, didn't work.

...maybe it was the cause of too little corresponding Devans.