PDA

View Full Version : Not again! Access Violation!?

Haphazy
Jul 11, 2005, 04:14 AM
My first post. I've been playin' Jazz long time, though I've had some serious breaks. Anyway! Now I'm making a hotel, yet again, and I've got this error while tryin' to test the (-) lvl. This is not the first time, but I have no idea what to do. Any help people?

Access Violation
http://www.geocities.com/harwey89/access_violation.JPG

And when opening from The Home Cooked Levels...

http://www.geocities.com/harwey89/application_error.JPG

Or..

http://www.geocities.com/harwey89/application_error2.JPG

Help me out guys! :eek:

Sonyk
Jul 11, 2005, 04:24 AM
Most of them mean what they say. The first one could be caused by a number of factors. The second one is because there are too many ammo pickups, food, powerups, or enemies in the level. And the third one is because the level is just too big.

Haphazy
Jul 11, 2005, 04:34 AM
I have only the Jazz Start Position event on the map. Though, it could be too big? 130 x 350? Too big? It can't be too big..?

CrimiClown
Jul 11, 2005, 06:12 AM
130 x 350 wouldn't be too big... I wouldn't know what else could have caused that...

JelZe GoldRabbit
Jul 11, 2005, 06:27 AM
It's probably the tileset. Isn't it "Hotel Deluxe" from the Hotel Heroes? I can tell it's pretty big, tiles and file size (You can only have 13 animations with it, including trigger animations). Or it could be the triggers you've used, or both. What exactly have you been doing so far?

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3

Haphazy
Jul 11, 2005, 06:36 AM
It's probably the tileset. Isn't it "Hotel Deluxe" from the Hotel Heroes? I can tell it's pretty big, tiles and file size (You can only have 13 animations with it, including trigger animations). Or it could be the triggers you've used, or both. What exactly have you been doing so far?

Not really nothin'. Just a heckalot of ground. Almost third of the space is ground. Everything else is what you see in the shot. Just started doin' it. No animations on the level. Only the elevator on the animations set. 9,44 kb.

White Rabbit
Jul 11, 2005, 06:45 AM
Can you send us the lvl so we can see what you've done? Rest assured, most of us aren't in a hurry to steal hotel ideas. :)

Haphazy
Jul 11, 2005, 06:47 AM
Can you send us the lvl so we can see what you've done? Rest assured, most of us aren't in a hurry to steal hotel ideas. :)

The forum doesn't support attachments. I should host it?

LittleFreak
Jul 11, 2005, 06:56 AM
Did you flip an animated tile and put an event on it? (such as trigger scenery)

That could be the 'cause.

Haphazy
Jul 11, 2005, 06:58 AM
Did you flip an animated tile and put an event on it? (such as trigger scenery)

That could be the 'cause.

I don't think so.

minmay
Jul 11, 2005, 07:23 AM
Are you using one of those Ambient Sounds that crashes JJ2?

LittleFreak
Jul 11, 2005, 07:30 AM
I guess this will not work...

but try copying the level to a new one, then save under different name and run.

There is absolutely no reason why this could work, but you could at least try.

Haphazy
Jul 11, 2005, 07:31 AM
Are you using one of those Ambient Sounds that crashes JJ2?
Ambient Sounds? No. Just made that ground, thingawingt with the properties of layer 3, 4 and 5 (to match each other) and build up that wall (which's I took off a while ago, nothin' happened though).

I guess this will not work...

but try copying the level to a new one, then save under different name and run.

There is absolutely no reason why this could work, but you could at least try.

Didn't work.

White Rabbit
Jul 11, 2005, 07:37 AM
@Harwey: Yes, host it, if it's not too much of a bother. I can't really look further into this without the lvl.

LittleFreak
Jul 11, 2005, 07:41 AM
Didn't work.

At least I tried.

Haphazy
Jul 11, 2005, 07:46 AM
@Harwey: Yes, host it, if it's not too much of a bother. I can't really look further into this without the lvl.

Well.. I just made a small test:
I dropped the height dramatically to 23 (so there is absolutely nothing in the lvl) and it started working. I saved the original one too, though. So what's going on!? It didn't work because of the ground?

Oh. Geocities can't host it. Invalid filename..?

White Rabbit
Jul 11, 2005, 08:15 AM
It doesn't support .j2l in that case. Try zipping or RARing the lvl. ;)

Haphazy
Jul 11, 2005, 08:36 AM
It doesn't support .j2l in that case. Try zipping or RARing the lvl. ;)

Raring doesn't work. I'm getting rather frustrated.

Radium
Jul 11, 2005, 08:40 AM
Email the level to a@foxmage.com and I'll host it.

JelZe GoldRabbit
Jul 11, 2005, 08:49 AM
Well.. I just made a small test:
I dropped the height dramatically to 23 (so there is absolutely nothing in the lvl) and it started working. I saved the original one too, though. So what's going on!? It didn't work because of the ground?

It would seem so. Very large levels with very large tilesets tend to be rather glitchy with JJ2: more than often you can't save in them. Even larger levels obviously make JJ2 crash because of the amount of tile references. Also, are you using music? Music files over 2 Mb tend to screw up JJ2, the best size is under 500 kb.

Haphazy
Jul 11, 2005, 09:11 AM
Also, are you using music? Music files over 2 Mb tend to screw up JJ2, the best size is under 500 kb.

used no music.

WvA
Jul 11, 2005, 11:34 AM
If you arent very far you can try just making it again *or a part* and see if that works *just strart with a new level*

Or maybe there is a bug in the tileset or something.

Haphazy
Jul 12, 2005, 01:42 AM
If you arent very far you can try just making it again *or a part* and see if that works *just strart with a new level*.

I quess so..

Or maybe there is a bug in the tileset or something.

I dunno. :lol: It did this before with Hotel Dream though..
(-) you Mirrow and Disquise.. :D

Oh yeah! I sent the lvl to Radium! He should test it out.

cooba
Jul 12, 2005, 02:12 AM
Tilesets can't have bugs which would cause Access Violations.

Haphazy
Jul 19, 2005, 03:10 AM
No matter anymore.
I made a new one and this one ain't crashed yet.

Galavant
Jul 23, 2005, 10:24 AM
Do you try to delete music files? In most of situatuian (I have the same problems) music files was too big. For example in my Miracle of Sun, I don't have music files, because it gives my... out of memory (because tileset is super big: 3200 tiles = 430 kb + 50 kb for level).
Also many levels have transperting and REFLEXED tiles (yes, it is very dangerous for memory: avoid this)