PDA

View Full Version : Boss problems

ThunderPX
Jul 11, 2005, 11:26 PM
I'm making a level with a Bubba boss, but with a lot of floors and platforms collapsing to make it hard to survive. Only, the boss keeps jumping into the pit himself, making him unable to reach. Is there any way to catapult him back up, but not Jazz? Or is there a way to insta-kill bosses so I can modify the arena to force you to trick Bubba into a pit?

Violet CLM
Jul 11, 2005, 11:32 PM
Or is there a way to insta-kill bosses so I can modify the arena to force you to trick Bubba into a pit?
Nine or so generating 58's ought to do the trick.

CrimiClown
Jul 12, 2005, 02:45 AM

Yes, and for if he/she doesn't understand MCE's:

1. Events > Environment > Object > TNT (Armed Explosive, no pickup)

2. Check the Generator Box

3. Delay = 1, for the fastest result on killing it.

cooba
Jul 12, 2005, 03:03 AM
Yes, and for if he/she doesn't understand MCE's:

1. Events > Environment > Object > TNT (Armed Explosive, no pickup)

2. Check the Generator Box

3. Delay = 1, for the fastest result on killing it.That's not an MCE.

Fawriel
Jul 12, 2005, 03:29 AM
Oh? 58s? Do explain. That sounds interesting.

cooba
Jul 12, 2005, 03:32 AM
Oh? 58s? Do explain. That sounds interesting.58 = number of the explosive TNT stick ;|

ThunderPX
Jul 12, 2005, 03:51 AM
Looks hilarious. On another note, in a different level, I made water, but after I copied the level to my other PC, the water didn't work although the event was there. o_O

EDIT: Hmm, looks like it didn't save some of the things I edited in the water event and the height went funky. Fixed, anyway.

Fawriel
Jul 12, 2005, 05:05 AM
Aww.. I was expecting something cooler... TNT can hardly be called instant death. And it'd be hard to place it in a way that doesn't let the player see or hear it and yet affect Bubba while he's still within a range that won't let the game just sort of forget about him...

ThunderPX
Jul 12, 2005, 05:07 AM
Yeah, the TNT drowns out all the music. And if you fall down yourself, you'll still see it. Bubba also tends to somehow disappear through the floor. o_O

cooba
Jul 12, 2005, 05:37 AM
Make it so that you fall into the lava while Bubba bounces off it.

Radium
Jul 12, 2005, 06:34 AM
What about a laser shield shot rather than TNT? I forget, is there an SCE for a laser shield shot?

Fawriel
Jul 12, 2005, 06:35 AM
I'm pretty sure that there is.

cooba
Jul 12, 2005, 06:44 AM
Warp Secret (26).

ThunderPX
Jul 12, 2005, 09:07 AM
Warp Secret (26).

Er...no?

EDIT: Well, yes...until something touches it.

ThunderPX
Jul 12, 2005, 10:53 AM
I've finished it somewhat and uploaded it to J2O. It's fun to play and tinker with. See what weird additions you can come up with :P

blurredd
Jul 12, 2005, 01:49 PM
It should be possible to hide laser shots with white tiles.

Violet CLM
Jul 12, 2005, 09:23 PM
Yes, laser shots are what I was going for, thank you. 56 just sticks in my mind and I didn't bother to actually check.
Thunder: Yes. Remember to make them generate!

J@[zz]
Aug 4, 2005, 06:23 PM
I'm making a level with a Bubba boss, but with a lot of floors and platforms collapsing to make it hard to survive. Only, the boss keeps jumping into the pit himself, making him unable to reach. Is there any way to catapult him back up, but not Jazz? Or is there a way to insta-kill bosses so I can modify the arena to force you to trick Bubba into a pit?

If your arena is not small you can leave Bubba for some time much further as you can and move to activate boss point.

I'm not sure :( , but it should help. Bubba woun't die, he will respawn.

LittleFreak
Aug 5, 2005, 07:46 AM
Bubba woun't die, he will respawn.

That gives me a hilarious idea. Instead of trying to trick Bubba into the pit, you must destroy him before he gets out of range and respawns! 8D (using warps that might work)

About the laser thing, I'm sure there is an MCE/SCE/whatever for it, but I have no idea how to do it.

cooba
Aug 5, 2005, 08:02 AM
...I have no idea what Valera is talking about so I suppose it doesn't work.

LittleFreak
Aug 5, 2005, 08:04 AM
...I have no idea what Valera is talking about so I suppose it doesn't work.

Put Activate Boss + Bubba. Shoot him a bit, then run away. Come back and his energy will be full again.

cooba
Aug 5, 2005, 08:06 AM
Oh, THIS kind of respawn.

It works with every other kind of boss if I recall correctly.

LittleFreak
Aug 5, 2005, 09:16 AM
Yes it does, I wanted to write that aswell but then forgot.

ThunderPX
Aug 5, 2005, 10:06 AM
Note: Don't try to replace Bubba with Bolly, or the game might screw up completely if you try to get Bolly to the lasers.

CrimiClown
Aug 7, 2005, 08:31 AM
About the laser thing, I'm sure there is an MCE/SCE/whatever for it, but I have no idea how to do it.

Put Generator on Event: Area Warp Secret (Event 26)

Or place a Bomb Crate (Best to use since they don't leave lives or ammo or anything), put NumEvent on 1 and ExtraEvent on 26. Then, put a respawning (Hook? Event 4, dunno if it is hook) to the left of it.

Also, you can fill the pit with loads of respawning Hooks (Event 4... Dunno about the Hook...). This way, he will die pretty rapidly too... ;)