PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Preferences Options

FireClaw
Mar 23, 2001, 06:25 PM
This could just be for me, but when I edit my preferences, just a few take effect, and the other's SAY it's changed, but don't work, or the next time I look at the preferences, the change is gone.

It would be more than useful if you fixed this.

Thanks

Admael
Mar 25, 2001, 02:42 PM
Just adding to this... I have similar problems with music. When I enter an online game, I often loose my music and sound effects. The same problem occurs when I exit a game. I guess the two are probably related... anyone else have these problems?

-Ad

ShanD
Mar 25, 2001, 03:44 PM
On 2001-03-25 16:42, Admael wrote:

Just adding to this... I have similar problems with music. When I enter an online game, I often loose my music and sound effects. The same problem occurs when I exit a game. I guess the two are probably related... anyone else have these problems?

Yup. It usually happens when I get a black screen, but sometimes it happens for no reason. As far as I know, there is no resulution, unfortunally. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

SteelTalon
Mar 25, 2001, 06:34 PM
When I lose my music (almost always due to a black screen) just unchecking the mute button fixes it for me. But I mute it all the time anyway because I'm listening to my radio. =)

iCeD
Mar 25, 2001, 07:39 PM
The reason Music stops in JJ2: whenever you die, or your screen goes black, JJ2 mutes the music temporarily (supposedly). If your JJ2 crashes in this time, or you get a black screen, JJ2 never unmutes the music.

The solution: don't get black screens and don't crash your JJ2 after you got roasted. :-P

My music is constantly muted though, on purpose.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Mar 26, 2001, 12:02 PM
Fireclaw, be sure to after you edit your preferances to go one page farther. The page it says they have been set is where the cookie or database stuff is set. The next page they will actually take effect.

FireClaw
Mar 26, 2001, 12:53 PM
A page further? What? I don't exacly get what you mean.

iCeD
Mar 26, 2001, 01:16 PM
He means like click a link on the page...

Bobby aka Dizzy
Mar 26, 2001, 02:22 PM
What fields are you having problems with in particular?

FireClaw
Mar 26, 2001, 03:17 PM
Well, when I click the Preferences, and change the "Store my username in a cookie for 1 year," then click save, next thing I know, it's off again.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Mar 26, 2001, 06:12 PM
Hmm, I'll take a look into it...

FireClaw
Mar 26, 2001, 06:20 PM
Alright. Thanks, Bobby.

Matjong
Mar 26, 2001, 10:42 PM
Btw, I've the same prob. I dont mind much but its not only FireClaw.

Fquist_old
Mar 27, 2001, 10:00 AM
That's a bug in the software itself, as far as I know.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Mar 27, 2001, 11:47 AM
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too Fquist.

Fquist_old
Mar 27, 2001, 11:50 AM
Btw, this belongs in forum feedback. FireClaw: This is the jj2 category and jj2 technical help.

Dark MooGoo
Mar 27, 2001, 11:56 AM
I noticed that too especially when checking out the different themes. Best thing I can come up with is to be sure to re-check the 'Yes' option each time you edit your preferences. Last time I was there making changes I made sure to click the proper radio button again and since then the cookie feature has been working just like it should.

FireClaw
Mar 27, 2001, 12:26 PM
I might try that, MooGoo. But I always give up too easy.

Also, Quist, I had little idea which forum it was meant to go in, it just seemed that Tech Support was the best choice.

Tubz
Jun 20, 2001, 12:41 PM
I have that music problem that Admael talked about. The music gets reset to 0 Volume sometimes.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Jun 20, 2001, 12:53 PM
Please don't revive old threads.